Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
If Suzuki made these, I would buy one today... (Read 38 times)
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Re: If Suzuki made these, I would buy one today...
Reply #15 - 07/28/04 at 06:17:32

Greg650 is an all round good guy and the Be_Savage site is not the same without Him.

Clive W

IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #16 - 07/28/04 at 08:51:26

Thanks Clive I appreciate that, but don't worry about it.  There were argumentative types in Be_Savage too.

BTW - I was only talking about the occassional dirt road side trip.  I never expect the Savage to be like your KLX anyway  Tongue

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #17 - 08/30/05 at 20:16:53

hi- was looking thru old posts..has anyone on this board done a BSA remake of a savage?  There is something about a 4 gallon gas tank that appeals.  The note with the pict says riding through the north georgia mountians.. anyone know who this is who did this mod?

IP Logged
dannimal
2005 No Login

Chicago IL (S/W Suburbs)
Reply #18 - 08/30/05 at 23:21:49

How abot this classic bike?

-95 black savage- Supertrapp exhaust- K&N filter- custom mirrors & grips- Metzler 880's
  IP Logged
dannimal
2005 No Login

Chicago IL (S/W Suburbs)
Reply #19 - 08/30/05 at 23:24:34

How about this odd looking one?

-95 black savage- Supertrapp exhaust- K&N filter- custom mirrors & grips- Metzler 880's
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #20 - 08/31/05 at 08:01:24

Back in 89/90 Honda marketed the GB500TT in the U.S.; an Isle of Man styled cafe with a 500cc single cylinder power plant ... beautiful machine ... the LS' mill would suit a similarly styled Bike perfectly ... dout if 'Zuki would ever go that way though ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #21 - 08/31/05 at 11:11:32

I don't know.   I'm hearing that the Savage/S40 has been 'found' and they are becoming more popular.  We are also seeing, because of gasoling prices, a tremendous increase in motorcycle sales and registrations -- lots of new riders rather than old riders trading up.

The Tempter 400 would be a fantastic starter/city bike.  A Tempter 650 would be to kill for.  Not to mention that the Tempter is easily remade into a beautiful Cafe Racer:

http://savage.andruschak.net/tempter/

WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #22 - 08/31/05 at 12:12:27

" I was looking thru old posts..has anyone on this board done a BSA remake of a savage?  There is something about a 4 gallon gas tank that appeals."   [/quote]

As a previous and diehard owner of a Goldstar, I have patterned my remake of my Savage after the Goldstar to some degree.    I like that kind of "basic machine look " of a motorcycle.   The classic clubmans tank on a Goldstar was a 5 gallon tank, and I have been on  the look for one for a couple of years.  I prefer the aluminum version, but a fiberglass is good too.  They are expensive to get, the aluminum tank costs about $500 and the fiberglass is not far behind....I am saving my penny's.
Regarding the suspension of the Savage, as mentioned by  one of the Gregs, the ground clearance and handling characteristics of the Savage can be improved a lot by putting on a set of 12.5-13.5" Progressive shocks and replacing the front forks, or at least going to 20W fork oil.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #23 - 08/31/05 at 18:24:15

in the origional post, they indicate they put a suzi 650 into an old '71 bsa frame, etc. Tongue  While I'd love to get that crazy, I think Lancer is heading in the right direction..have you looked into how much modification would be needed to put on such a tank?  And maybee a solo saddle with rack- I know, but I am a commuter.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 06:12:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › If Suzuki made these, I would buy one today...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.