Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: 2024 Rides
Reply #436 - 04/14/24 at 19:28:42

Everybody has arrived and we had a taco welcome party at our campsite.

First ride is leaving at 9AM from the Ranch House.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #437 - 04/16/24 at 05:00:45

We had a good ride yesterday and got everybody their annual "Twisted Sisters" fix.  Unlike the lyrics from Home, Home on the Range - the sky was cloudy all day and there was very little sun  We did remain dry all day with temps starting out in the comfortable 60's and the afternoon got a bit warm and up to 86.

A few of the Savage bikes were cranky from getting woke up from their winter slumber, and they provided some small mechanical protests.  Lancer's bike "Rex" decided it needed a new souvenir battery from the town of Leakey - so a stop at an auto parts store to get a new battery was required.   Youzguyz was very patient with our group of misfits and got us home safely.

Today we will start our ride with a trip to Cracker Barrel for the needed protein and caffiene.

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #438 - 04/16/24 at 17:02:08

At Dave's Taco Stand.

Daves_Taco_Stand2.jpeg
  IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #439 - 04/16/24 at 17:04:17

At Stonehenge II in Ingram.

Left to Right - Verslagen, Youzguyz (Ride Leader), Dave, Hammer, Springman (front&center), Lancer, MMRanch!

Group_at_Stonehenge.jpeg
  IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #440 - 04/16/24 at 17:07:21

I think this was on 337E between Vanderpool and Medina??  Or maybe it was between Leakey and Vanderpool.

337E_Near_Vanderpool-Medina.jpeg
  IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #441 - 04/16/24 at 17:08:49

Unplanned pit stop for The Beast!

Verslagens_Beast_Getting_a_Decomp_Tune.jpeg
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #442 - 04/17/24 at 04:18:31

For those that "did the duration" on Tuesday's ride, an ice cream reward in the booming megapolis of Kendalia.

TuesdayKendalia.jpg

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #443 - 04/18/24 at 19:09:07

We finished up our Texas riding today with our resident tour guide Youzguyz showing us another great day of riding.  We got to see a small herd of Longhorns on the move, the Motorcycle Museum in Johnstown, Toon Town and also our yearly visit to Luckenbach to buy stickers and a T shirt!

Lancer, Verslagen, MMRanch, Springman and Hammer are all heading toward home tomorrow.

Deb and I are staying a bit longer and doing some touristy things.  We are riding down to San Antonio tomorrow to see as much as we can (Alamo, River Walk, Missions...maybe a boat ride!).  Saturday may be a washout here in Kerrville - we will just have to wait and see.  Sunday we will have another dry day and get packed up to drive to the desert area of Comstock/Langtry to see the area where Judge Roy Bean was the law west of the Pecos River, and see what camping in the desert is like.  We are hoping for a clear night sky so we can see what the stars look like without all the light pollution from big cities.

The riding and company was great!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #444 - 04/18/24 at 19:23:07

It’s been a Wonderful Week in This Neighborhood.

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #445 - 04/19/24 at 06:24:00

I didn't take a lot of pictures, but attached is a link that will hopefully work to show the ones that are worth keeping.

facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8218963954786943&type=3

It was a good time.  Would have been better if I hadn't been hurting so much.  Sorry if my mood wasn't too good at times.  Roll Eyes

So nice to see my old friends from the forum, and to meet ThumperPaul.
There were a few incidents with motorcycle issues, but all resolved rapidly "on site"  Cheesy

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #446 - 04/19/24 at 10:43:39

Thanks again, Neal!  Great meeting you too!  What a ride!!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #447 - 04/20/24 at 05:19:06

Deb and I went to the San Antonio yesterday and did touristy things.

The ride down was on 10 and took a bit more than an hour.  The amount of traffic and required lane changes was a bit intimidating while riding a motorcycle - you folks who live in cities likely do it everyday......I live in the country and rarely ride in cities.

I got online and looked at where to park - there were lots of horror stories about the lots scamming and towing cars, high fees and even some thefts - rates are $25-$30 a day to park.  One other thing that bothered me was that the lots are not attended, and payment is often made by phone or credit card into a machine - with a motorcycle I can't place a payment stub on the dashboard!  I saw that Casa Rio had a small parking lot at their restaurant on the riverwalk withing walking distance of the Alamo, and they charged $15 for a 2 hour stay and they had a small building with an attendant inside.  We went there and I talked to the attendant and ask him if he could park our motorcycle for more than 2 hours?  He said for $20 we could park longer - I gave him $25 and he had us park where he could see the motorcycle and promised to watch it until we got back and even offered to put our helmets and jackets in his building.  I was at ease knowing our motorcycle would still be there when we got back to it!

We visited the Alamo and it was a nice audio tour - it was pretty incredible the sacrifice that so many unpaid volunteers were willing to give their lives for Texas to become a free state.....even more so when you consider that so many of them were from Kentucky Tennessee, Virginia and many other states - and even other countries!

We took a 30 minute boat ride on the canals and ate lunch at Caso Rio, then headed out to tour several of the old Spanish Missions.  We also saw an aqueduct that was made in 1740 for irrigation that is still functioning - it is the only remaining Spanish aqueduct in the United States.

Our ride home started around 6PM on a Friday night rush hour.  Rather than go through town we took the circle freeway around the west side of the city and it was a bit less hectic than the inner city route - we spent the last half an hour in the dark and got an adequate amount of bugs splattered on the front of the bike.

Today is another touristy day that will be spend in Kerrville - we are staying close to the campground as strong thunderstorms are forecast for today and this evening.  Sunday the weather will be good and we may stray up to Fredericksburg for more touristy stuff.  There is a museum for the Texas Rangers that we have been riding past in previous  years - maybe this is the year we get to stop!

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #448 - 04/20/24 at 05:39:02

Glad you made the best of it!  Yeah, the super slabs in major cities in Texas are not motorcyclist friendly!  And San Antonio has some of the worst highway exchanges possible - one minute you need to be in the far left lane and then you need to be in the far right lane!  I-10 is brutal through town.

Paying to park always sucks and San Antonio has super high tourist pricing!

Stay safe and dry today!  You’ll like the desert night views if it’s not cloudy.  Fingers crossed the gods oblige!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #449 - 04/21/24 at 06:41:49

We got a bit of rain last night in Kerrville - the first real rain for the 8 days we have been here.  The temps have dropped to 44 degrees!

The weather this year was not at all like the other years.  Every day began with a light mist floating through the air, the sky was constantly filled with gray clouds and a glimpse of the sun was rare.  A few nights the stars were visible when we went to bed - but the clouds and mist would return by morning.  Sometime during the day we would often encounter a light drizzle that would wet the helmet visor but not enough to make the pavement wet or require a stop to put on rain gear.

In some ways the cloud cover was good - we never got up into the upper 90's and the sun did not bake us while we had our armored jackets and helmets on - I never got home with my helmet and clothes soaked in sweat as often happens on hot/sunny days.

Deb and I will be leaving Kerrville tomorrow (Monday) morning and drive out to Comstock to spend a couple of days camping in the desert.  We have never camped in the desert and being so close gave us a chance to try it.  The temperatures in Comstock have not yet soared and the skies are forecast to be a bit clearer than they have been.  The towns of Comstock and Langtry are small and less domesticated than Fredericksburg/Kerrville - I anticipate that traffic will be light and there will only be a handful of us tourists in the area.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 34
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/09/24 at 06:23:10

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2024 Rides

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.