Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: 2024 Rides
Reply #405 - 04/09/24 at 04:29:41

I can't help but look at the weather forecast frequently - and it changes almost as often as I look!  The wet weather that was forecast for Monday/Tuesday in last weeks attempt has now slid to the end of the week.

The current forecast is likely something coming in Thursday night, staying through Friday and leaving Saturday morning.

Hopefully the weather will clear up completely - or we can figure out a way to ride in the other direction...or it happens at night!

« Last Edit: 04/09/24 at 06:12:12 by Dave »  

Weather_003.PNG

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #406 - 04/09/24 at 09:10:43

I feel ya Dave. I've been looking almost everyday also. Cool

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #407 - 04/09/24 at 09:21:33

I could not get a DVD of Wild Hogs.....anybody else got a copy they can bring?

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #408 - 04/09/24 at 11:28:18

I do not have that DVD. Sorry.

I just called the Kerville Schreiner park to ask if we need to bring bed linens. The answer is no, bed linens are provided. They did recommend you bring your own towels.

Yep, looking forward to this!!!

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #409 - 04/09/24 at 18:00:33

Don't we have a kitchen too ?

I'm going to have to go look to see ... the idea of cooking on a grill in the back yard after a day of putt putting around is getting me excited .   Tongue

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #410 - 04/09/24 at 18:13:15

This Ranch-Style House is located on the Hill Side of the park in an enclosed private setting.

The Ranch House includes:

Full-size kitchen
Refrigerator, microwave, oven, sink
Four-piece dining set
Washer / dryer
Living room with, couch and chairs
Three bedrooms which sleeps a total of eight
Two full-size restrooms with shower
Check-in time is 3:00 p.m. with a 12:00 p.m. check-out.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #411 - 04/09/24 at 18:49:07

I’m looking forward to this trip too, it almost seems like years since we were together last.  Y’all kind of grow on folks, ya know ? 😎

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #412 - 04/09/24 at 21:16:05

There's a song in my head...

'Cause I'm leavin' for a truck ride
Don't know when I'll be back again
To Texas I'll luv to go...

Status update:
speedo installed, it has a trip meter but the knob broke, maybe the new 1 will get here in time.
secret device installed.
new seat bracket installed.
stock battery box installed with mounting for starter relay and ig box.
tank is clean and mounted but I screwed up on the petcock, hopefully a new 1 will get here in time.  Backup plan is the old tank.

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #413 - 04/10/24 at 02:48:31

verslagen1 wrote on 04/09/24 at 21:16:05:
Status update:
speedo installed, it has a trip meter but the knob broke, maybe the new 1 will get here in time.
secret device installed.
tank is clean and mounted but I screwed up on the petcock, hopefully a new 1 will get here in time.  Backup plan is the old tank.

You are bringing a science project to a motorcycle ride? Huh

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #414 - 04/10/24 at 03:29:44

Deb and I are all packed and ready to start our trip in a few hours.  It is dry here - but it appears we are going to hit significant rain between Louisville and Nashville......then maybe again near Memphis.  At least the motorcycle will be clean and dry in the enclosed trailer!

We would like to stop at the Bass Pro Shops pyramid in Memphis for a chance to see this amazing place, stretch our legs and buy some unnecessary plastic items.  The amount of crime reported in downtown Memphis worries me a little bit, and there are a lot of reports of vehicle break ins - one previous employee stated they average 4 a day and the security at Bass Pro Shops doesn't care.  More recent reports are more positive.  Perhaps we will give them a call when we get in the area and ask them about the current security status.

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #415 - 04/10/24 at 04:51:26

Dave wrote on 04/10/24 at 02:48:31:
verslagen1 wrote on 04/09/24 at 21:16:05:
Status update:
secret device installed.

You are bringing a science project to a motorcycle ride? Huh

Versy and the .... FrankenBike!!   Shocked  Ya never know what it will look like! Cheesy

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #416 - 04/10/24 at 04:53:15

LANCER wrote on 04/09/24 at 18:49:07:
I’m looking forward to this trip too, it almost seems like years since we were together last.  Y’all kind of grow on folks, ya know ? 😎

Sort of like ... moss?    Grin
It will be good to see y'all again.. and to meet Paul!

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #417 - 04/10/24 at 05:01:19

The Bass Pro Shops video.  LOL!  I met Johnny Morris (founder/ceo) at the headquarters store in Springfield, MO.  He’s a hoot and down to earth guy!  I was trying to win the Bass Pro Shop insurance business when I was with Aetna.  He gave me a hard time, but he was cool.

Safe travels.  I think you’ll be fine in Memphis.  See ya in a few days.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #418 - 04/11/24 at 04:43:16

We made it to Jackson, TN last night.  We tried to find a campsite but none were available at the several places we called or stopped at.  Evidently the folks who traveled to see the eclipse are headed home.

We were able to get a nice overnight parking spot at the Cracker Barrel in Jackson - there are half a dozen other folks parked here with us.  The lady at one campground warned us not to stay at any campground in Jackson, TN - but the Cracker Barrel was fine.  We asked our waiter about it and he said the campgrounds are all in neighborhoods with a lot of crime - but the Cracker Barrel was in a good area.  We felt much better about staying here, especially with so many overnight neighbors.

We are 120 miles from Memphis and will stop by the Bass Pro Shops on our way through - if we had stopped las night it would have been in the middle of the evening rush hour, and I just didn't know what to expect for Memphis traffic that time of day.

Most likley we will br driving in rain from here all the wayk to Little Rock.  The weather after today should be clear for the rest of the drive to Kerrville.

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #419 - 04/11/24 at 05:08:43

Good deal. Glad you were able to park at the Cracker Barrel.  Not many places probably let you squat for a night.

Slow and steady wins the race.  Safe travels to Waxahachie!  We were there for our grandson’s track meet 3 weeks ago.  I hadn’t been there in a while - it’s a dang southern suburb of Dallas now!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 34
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/20/24 at 01:06:26

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2024 Rides

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.