Send Topic Print
Spring Fever (Read 2571 times)
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Re: Spring Fever
Reply #375 - 03/30/24 at 10:22:46

Since I started the 250 project I keep bumping into my spare savage engine. And everytime I look at it I wonder if it would fit in the BSA frame. Wonder no more I saw a pic with a BSA with a Savage engine. Tried to capture the pic with no luck. Another possible project.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #376 - 03/30/24 at 10:50:46

Powder coated hubs are loaded with new bearings , still need to be boxed up & shipped out for wheels. A few small items to finish up then I have to concentrate on the exhaust & frame (fab work)  so it can get to powder coater too. Boxes of stuff ready for the roller. Forks , triple trees , carburetor   & big box with all new electrical items. Only a few things left to buy to complete assembly when time comes. This build nowhere near as complicated as the tracker , but still presents me with it own set of issues. Every piece , every nut & bolt , complete and still shooting for end of this year. I know I could finish her much faster , every piece , every nut & bolt , deserves some love. I’m confident love given now will be returned ten fold somewhere later in the project or somewhere down the road ! Cool

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #377 - 03/30/24 at 13:41:30

Ruttly wrote on 03/29/24 at 16:20:24:
It’s so hard to find a survivor that is that original.

How is this for 70's funky?!

The stock seat was modified in a king/queen fashion.....and the saddlebags were decorated by somebody doing some kind of mushroom!
Grin

IMG_3237.JPG

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #378 - 03/30/24 at 19:39:21

That is a beautiful specimen Dave.  One of my son-in-laws inherited a ‘70’s model airhead from his dad, and it looked a lot like yours except it had a fairing.  Nice bikes. My daughter had an early ‘80’s K-75 I think, it’s the 3 cylinder inline triple, very smooth and plenty of power.  Both are very nice to ride.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #379 - 03/30/24 at 20:29:10

Wow Dave , that's a very comfortable looking ride !

I've got a Black Seat cover like that one , and I'll never use it if you might need it ?    Still in the original box .    I got it for an old Gold Wing (1982) buddy but it was about 1.5 inches too short for his seat pan. Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #380 - 03/30/24 at 21:54:16

Time capsule for sure ! Love the artwork ! Is that the kick starter that t-handle behind the shifter ? I know many would slap a windshield on it , not me. Ride it just like that. It oozes vintage cool like a snail leaves a trail , think I can smell it ten states away. Vintage stuff always has an aire.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #381 - 03/31/24 at 07:56:38

Both my BSA’s have that smell too ! My favorite vintage smell is the smell of an old guitar shop. All those exotic woods , different finishes. My guitar room smells the same , if you open a case and leave it , I can smell the difference and sometimes I can tell you what guitar is out of the case without looking. I always stop at guitar shops to look , nah , to smell ! My other passion is working on guitars , absolutely no room for error , incredible amount of detail is required , unbelievably frustrating , down right scary at times. Over my head and so challenging, every build I say no more that’s the last one. Till I hear it and then hear it played by someone with real talent. It must be the challenge , never make a profit , can’t seem to give it up , more failure than success , but hones problem solving skills and resolve to see a project to the finish.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #382 - 03/31/24 at 09:00:23

That is not likely nostalgia you are smelling from the BMW.

More likely it is the gas that has been in the tank since 2015!

IMG_3238.JPG

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #383 - 03/31/24 at 17:56:59

Looks like 2nd hand pancake syrup !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #384 - 03/31/24 at 22:17:41

Excellent weed killer for the cracks in the pavement

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #385 - 04/01/24 at 11:11:51

My SR500 has real old fuel , gel , I don’t want to think about it. It’s been 20 yrs. It’s on the board hopefully soon , get it running , new tires , a buddy wants it and it’s time for it to move into the light of day. 40 over HC piston , cam ported head , Mikuni VM36 & a White Bros header with super trap. Might need jetted too. It will break the ton in a grand fashion. At least 107+ mph , whooping up on its bigger brother the tracker !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #386 - 04/04/24 at 08:35:20

My spare engine showed up today. Really good packaging ! 82+ lbs , I saw him pull up so I met him at the curb with my dolly. Well as suspected piston rusted to cyl. Intake & cylinder full of corrosion and rust. Other than that it’s very complete only points cover is missing. Super simple engines to build but for now it’s getting cylinder lubed and then bag it up. Spare parts if I need it , if not I’ll build it for a spare. Ooh , That Smell

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #387 - 04/04/24 at 10:24:57

Think I might be the owner of a wrecked BSA B50MX. Another clip from my childhood , the very first BSA I ever seen.  1974-75  all the low lands were being built on so we migrated to the hills to ride. A day I will never forget. We were riding the ridge behind San Francisco County Jail. The road up was paved , it lead up to an old radar station for targeting with Niki Missles , missle base was on the next ridge. Must have been 15-20 bikes , easy trails & monster hill climbs , people wot on the paved roads , then it happened a head on collision bikes & bodies flying , B50 MX vs Yamaha 250 , the faster heavier BSA won the impact. Folds the Yamaha frame , both bikes totaled. Don was on the BSA , Ralph on the Yamaha , both riders down Ralph’s leg broken , bones sticking thru his skin and clothing. No cel phones back then , 2 riders went for help. We all stayed with them till police and ambulances showed up then we were gone ! I was riding a Honda 90 that day. When my buddy asked if I wanted it , I asked him where it came from. When he said it was Don’s bike ,I  said I was there when it was wrecked 49 yrs ago.  Crazy $hit that now 2 bikes from the past have found their way home.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #388 - 04/04/24 at 11:02:58

I have yet to see what is left on the 500mx , see if anything is salvageable. Hopefully the frame is straight , have my doubts , it was an extremely violent crash. I’m just amazed it exists ! Yard art , wall hanger , project if it’s straight. I do not have room and I do not need another project however a 250MX would be a worthy build. Destiny that the 250 came home but I haven’t a clue why the 500mx. There is a reason why some things happen , so if offered I will give it a home and then wait to find out why it has come to my home. Cause there is a reason !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #389 - 04/05/24 at 06:31:45

Even my buddy liked my idea of a BSA B25MX project. If it comes to be it will be built on the cheap. No reckless spending. As a distant project on the cheap , gives me time to more efficiently gather what is needed. I’m sure it’s coming home with me , but no details have been worked out yet.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/09/24 at 06:11:53

General CategoryThe Cafe › Spring Fever

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.