Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Lost my clutch lever today (Read 264 times)
transam4life

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Lost my clutch lever today
Reply #60 - 05/29/24 at 14:39:43

I saw those specs too. That’s what confusing me…is it the set or plate bolt? The CCT only has one bolt…the other side is held in place by a c-clip.

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #61 - 05/29/24 at 15:12:29

The set bolt is what the c-clip is attached to.  It's actually a threaded bolt.  The torque spec on it seems high to me, but that's what it says.

The plate bolt is what attaches the CCT to the rear cam chain guide.  Ain't no way you've ever put 20nm of torque on that puppy without snapping the guide. That said, be sure to hold that nut on the backside of the guide with a wrench when you tighten it so you don't twist and break the guide.

IP Logged
transam4life

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #62 - 06/01/24 at 18:59:00

Thank you guys for all the help! Clutch cam assembly and modified cam chain tensioner installed…everything looking good so far.

https://ibb.co/9VMvcTz
https://ibb.co/mtvg6jt

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #63 - 06/01/24 at 19:40:19

Both look good.  Nice job!  Did you use loctite or skip it?  Good job of that circlip!  I had nightmares about that thing flying across the garage and disappearing into never-never land!

IP Logged
transam4life

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #64 - 06/01/24 at 20:10:10

Yeah I went through 2 c-clips trying to remove/install it with a screwdriver. I finally wised up and bought a pair of snap ring pliers…it’s amazing how easy it was after that.

I did use Loctite on CCT bolt. I happened to have a tube of blue Loctite already opened so I used that. It’s says it’s good for up to 300F degrees. All looks/sounds good so far!

I’m also happy that I bought a new clutch arm to go with the new cam…there was significant wear on the old arm.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/26/24 at 06:33:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Lost my clutch lever today

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.