Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Thank you to the community (Read 128 times)
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Re: Thank you to the community
Reply #15 - 03/25/24 at 14:03:25

The nice thing about the VM36 carb is that you can change the main jet without removing the carb.  Just drain the float bowl and you can access the main jet through the bottom access cover in the bottom of the float bowl.  If I remember correctly, the main jet has a 6mm hex head.  A 1/4" ratchet with a short extension works good.  You might have to put your finger in the air intake side of the carb and hold the jet needle down while you unscrew the main jet (or more likely, when installing the new main jet).  Also, put a shop towel below the carb in case you happen to drop the jet.  (I know from experience....it can and will fall down into never-never land somewhere if you don't.)  Undecided

IP Logged
Surviving Philly

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 03/25/24 at 16:08:05

Huh.... Interesting. I never considered trying to change the jet with the carb mounted. Maybe I'll get on this sooner rather than later and report back. Very interesting.

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #17 - 03/25/24 at 17:01:57

Sounds good.  I need to get some test miles and fuel economy measures using the 200 main before I experiment with going down to a 190 and trying it.  I don't run WOT that often - just don't want to be too lean and hot.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/27/24 at 01:58:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Thank you to the community

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.