MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Passports
01/29/24 at 07:21:31

Hay YOuzGUys

Is it looking like we'll be needing a PASTPORT to meet up in TEXAS come April ?
What's the mood there in San Antonio ?    Huh

Springman , how about Houston ?  what are the local folks saying ?

You folks who live in Texas  tell us what the people who live there are thinking ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Re: Passports
Reply #1 - 01/30/24 at 03:50:35

I very much doubt that Texas will secede from the US prior to your visit in April.. so, no passport is needed.
Just remember that Texas is (for the most part) a conservative state.

I am NOT going to get into a discussion about "Sanctuary Cities(States, Counties, etc)", or the Texas border with Mexico, or illegal immigration.

San Antonio has the same problems as any large city, but I don't follow the news much as I ride mostly in the Hill Country.  The worst problem is all the road construction!! (Which I know how to avoid).

If you are thinking about a side trip to Mexico, or "the valley", then study up on current local news for those areas you intend to visit.
I am not going to advise you on what you intend to do.

I do recommend you have valid ID that identifies you as a US citizen.
If you will be carrying a weapon, check the reciprocal laws between your state and Texas... and the states you will be crossing to get here.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #2 - 01/30/24 at 10:22:27

Yep, what Youzguyz says. Though I believe we would make a great country on our own, that is probably not happening any time soon. Grin

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 01/30/24 at 15:11:30

When I look at Google Maps - it appears that Eagle Pass is a pretty good distance away from where we will be riding.  When I looked up why Eagle Pass is so popular for border crossings - the news articles stated that is where the Cartels are sending folks.  Eagle Pass is right across the border from the large Mexican city of Piedras Negras - and there is not a large span of desert to cross on either side of the border.

Unless there is significant changes - I believe we will be fine.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #4 - 01/30/24 at 15:39:40

Dave wrote on 01/30/24 at 15:11:30:
When I look at Google Maps - it appears that Eagle Pass is a pretty good distance away from where we will be riding.  When I looked up why Eagle Pass is so popular for border crossings - the news articles stated that is where the Cartels are sending folks.  Eagle Pass is right across the border from the large Mexican city of Piedras Negras - and there is not a large span of desert to cross on either side of the border.

Unless there is significant changes - I believe we will be fine.

I will not be leading any rides anywhere near the border.  It is a long ride and I don't like west Texas. I don't like seeing where I am going to be in 10 minutes.  I used to run service calls out there.
However, I heard you (Dave) mention going to Seminole Canyon, which is on the border.   Probably no problem, but, be informed!

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #5 - 01/30/24 at 17:13:40

youzguyz wrote on 01/30/24 at 15:39:40:
However, I heard you (Dave) mention going to Seminole Canyon, which is on the border.   Probably no problem, but, be informed!

We are staying in the Seminole Canyon State Park campground for 2 days after we leave Kerrville.  It is close to the border - but it is near to nothing.....the land is very rugged and dry and the river banks are very steep.

I seriously doubt that there are any significant issues with the border in that remote area - and if the situation changes we can easily avoid the area and just head home.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #6 - 01/30/24 at 19:40:41

Now I'm wondering ... if my TN drivers license is enough ?   Huh

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #7 - 01/30/24 at 20:46:08

Every year they pull me over after el paso and ask me if I'm really from california... si senor  XD

WWW   IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #8 - 01/31/24 at 06:03:31

Texans don’t need a passaport. Here it comes , wait for it !
They can use their belt buckles ,  Grin Grin Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #9 - 01/31/24 at 06:08:58

MMRanch wrote on 01/30/24 at 19:40:41:
Now I'm wondering ... if my TN drivers license is enough ?   Huh

MM.....stop worrying over nothing.  Border Patrol is not looking for a bunch of old guys riding motorcycles on Texas back roads enjoying the scenery.

Currently I believe the "hot spot" is a small section of riverfront at Eagle Pass - which is about 3 hours from Kerrville.  There is a Mexican Town called Piedras Negras across the river and the Mexican Cartels and other smugglers are dropping off people at this location in large numbers.  You can see the grass is worn off the land where the car/trucks/vans/busses pull up to drop off the people, and they walk across the river and up the boat ramp.  This is where the Texas National Guard is erecting the barrier and trying to get the people to go up to the bridge where there is a legal border crossing.

EaglePass.PNG

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 01/31/24 at 09:01:01

MM.....stop worrying over nothing.  Border Patrol is not looking for a bunch of old guys riding motorcycles on Texas back roads enjoying the scenery.

Agreed.  Pretty much nothing about what you guys will be doing will be of any concern.  Bring your State ID and enjoy the ride.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #11 - 01/31/24 at 09:32:38

I've noticed that some times its good to look before ya leap .    

Not that I usually subscribe to that theory but its still true .  Grin

So , Dave ... are we bring some Old Guys with us this year ?  
a bunch of old guys riding motorcycles on Texas back roads enjoying the scenery.  

Smiley

ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #12 - 01/31/24 at 11:22:07

No passports will be needed.  Just the usual chest beating posturing of good ole boy Texas politicians.

And the border crisis isn’t this giant cartel human trafficking monster that certain media outlets want you to believe.  Is there a problem, yes.  But it’s not some army attack by cartels, drug dealers, human traffickers, rapists, and hardened criminals.

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #13 - 01/31/24 at 11:33:36

Dave wrote on 01/30/24 at 17:13:40:
youzguyz wrote on 01/30/24 at 15:39:40:

We are staying in the Seminole Canyon State Park campground for 2 days after we leave Kerrville.  It is close to the border - but it is near to nothing.....the land is very rugged and dry and the river banks are very steep.

I seriously doubt that there are any significant issues with the border in that remote area - and if the situation changes we can easily avoid the area and just head home.

Dave, y’all will be fine at Seminole Canyon State Park.  On your way there (or back), you might want to check out the caverns of Sonora.  It’s pretty neat.  The guided tour lasts about 1.5 hours if I recall correctly.  We were there when it was blazing hot, but the cavern was a nice cool damp 68°.  Ok, more like 72° and feels like 85°.  It is considered a warm cave.

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #14 - 01/31/24 at 17:08:21

I miss the days when America was great and we could purchase inexpensive, well-built, imports.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 09:00:37

General CategoryThe Cafe › Passports

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.