Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Are forums a thing of the past ? (Read 55 times)
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Are forums a thing of the past ?
01/16/24 at 08:21:37

This must be something us old farts keep going , these old motorcycle forums. All but this one that I used to frequent are dead or dying. Is it that they all migrate to social media ? I think one has died and revived 3 times. I was trying to get some BSA info and registered only cause they had 2 posts so far this year. A moderator and maybe a handful of members. However I have several manuals as well as parts catalogs so I’ll deal with it myself. I’m not one to use Facebook or S/M of any kind. Just a few forums , but mainly SS , we still manage to retain members. My Savage family still rocks !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Are forums a thing of the past ?
Reply #1 - 01/16/24 at 09:33:07

I think the structure of this place is not so tightly restricted (Cafe) and is user friendly.

I think you can get a dose of building, racing, scenic locals right along with a fix on the fast changing world of computers and other side interests.

Yes, a lot of the other old bike forums are dying out as the bikes are past having factory parts, and the new "scrap it, no bike graveyards allowed regulatory stuff is killing off all chances for other brands to survive.

« Last Edit: 01/17/24 at 18:03:49 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #2 - 01/16/24 at 09:50:17

Yes , it’s true all my bikes are in that category. Be different if I liked newer bikes , maybe. This is a real good forum. Give it ten years it may change too. People are #1 , format #2.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #3 - 01/16/24 at 11:35:26

Just a few forums , but mainly SS , we still manage to retain members. My Savage family still rocks !

Huh
SS stands for Social Secuity ?   Tongue Roll Eyes Tongue

SuzukiSavage

It is nice to have a bunch of Savages to meet-up and go for rides with once in a while.
That day that Lancer told me about SuzukiSavage.com has brought me a lot of pleasure.

« Last Edit: 01/16/24 at 13:49:58 by MMRanch »  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #4 - 01/16/24 at 14:31:17

The Enfield has a forum , but I don't think it will be meeting for a week long bike ride .   Having a site for Bike Information is nice.   I learned how to do things like ... reset the check engine light ... type stuff , but I could have found the same info on Utube.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 01/16/24 at 17:01:48

I think forums like Reddit are more popular, and a middle ground for anyone that still wants to talk about stuff, but has an aversion to things social media related.  

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #6 - 01/17/24 at 02:27:00

Have you noticed how few young members this forum has lately?

If we were a company that needed to promote our product - we would be having some board meetings to figure out how to "rebrand" our product.

I have noticed that Facebook has several Savage forums.  They are not nearly as knowledgeable as this site, and there can be significant language issues in communicating with them.  I have posted a few things for sale on Facebook, and the replies are often confusing and seldom result in somebody buying anything.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #7 - 01/17/24 at 04:42:47

This site has brought a lot of pleasure to me as well.
I’ve met some people from all over who have become very good friends, brother like.  We meet occasionally and enjoy riding and time together.  I know I do.

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #8 - 01/17/24 at 08:08:00

Eegore wrote on 01/16/24 at 17:01:48:
 I think forums like Reddit are more popular, and a middle ground for anyone that still wants to talk about stuff, but has an aversion to things social media related.  

Hey I resemble that !   Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #9 - 01/17/24 at 14:58:05

I'm so grateful for this forum and awesome members!  I feel like I'm still a newbie surrounded by the immense knowledge and long term bonds I've noticed among many members.  That said, I've always felt welcome and I've never been ridiculed for my oft ignorance!  Extremely grateful.

I'm also a member on Honda Shadow.  There's really not any sense of true community and too may critical and condescending rather than helpful people.  

SuzukiSavage Rocks!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 09:11:08

General CategoryThe Cafe › Are forums a thing of the past ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.