Send Topic Print
Advantages of AI (Read 99 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Advantages of AI
01/14/24 at 21:58:26

Just to get this out of the way, I don't think AI is going to go Skynet on us and deploy nukes.

The short version of this post is that AI is very accurate and extremely fast.  No humans can compare to the level of efficiency.

What I've been using it for over the past year is reading research papers, then employing teams of people to analyze the accuracy.  In brief each paper would be read by teams A and B and they would formulate mathematical outcomes of accuracy.  Those results would then be blind-tested for accuracy by Teams C and D.  We did this in 9 countries and used 4 VPN reassignments for every search.

AI is incredibly accurate.  This makes sense as it has no reason to "spin" the numbers or information within.  It only gets positive learning from accurate assessment, has billions of checks per minute planet-wide, and gets paid nothing for it's end result.

Yes companies that make AI available get paid, but for the access, not the outcomes.  Like how a company gets paid for the screwdriver it makes, but not for the cars it repairs or the cabinets it helps build.

Today we ran 400 research papers on Multiple Sclerosis, something that would take 2-3 weeks to do with 4 research teams.  AI did it in two hours.  Avoiding AI is like using pencil and paper for calculus problems instead of a calculator.  There is simply no comparison, and zero reason to use 40 employees/contractors when a software program can do it in hours.

A large part of my business success has been having very accurate predictions and analysis of events that in turn keep humans alive.  Most of it has been Government training, SS, SF etc. where opinions don't matter, only data is to be taken into consideration, or simply put, people die.  AI will facilitate this in an extremely efficient way.  It wont replace educators, but it will replace the volume of research teams.

IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

The Netherlands   Den Haag
Re: Advantages of AI
Reply #1 - 01/15/24 at 02:02:53

I also see many benefits. I have been using Chat CPT regularly since it first became available.
But what strikes me is that I clearly notice that ChatGPT has become Dumber. Over time it has been increasingly adapted to be politically correct. It used to be much more factual.
In my opinion there is clearly censorship.

I am sure there are parties that have AI that do not have these "adjustments".

What is possible when you link AI to the military?
Or at the stock exchange?
Or a social control system?
I think it is still far too naive to say that AI is a useful tool with only benefits for everyone.

Nuclear fission had the advantage of energy plants and the advantage of nuclear weapons.

So it has benefits for whatever intention you have.

The fact is that the already far too powerful of the earth have control over AI and will certainly use it to increase that power.
It remains to be seen how this power struggle will play out.

Because the problem is that this is the only planet in this universe where people think they can attack another.

I think we are in for interesting years, especially when we talk about the benefits of AI for everyone.

Do what you know is right. (you can always use fear as a counselor later)
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 01/15/24 at 03:47:12

What is possible when you link AI to the military?
Or at the stock exchange?
Or a social control system?
I think it is still far too naive to say that AI is a useful tool with only benefits for everyone.

I don't think anything is only a benefit to all humans, even AI.  I guess if any nation is dumb enough to eliminate humans and let AI run the weapons then we are all doomed.  Or we will all be just fine.

What I can say is my company is doomed if I don't take full advantage of AI.  I don't really have any direct competitors due to my experience but in certain avenue s AI is opening the door for anyone, without setting foot outside their house, let alone be fired upon on foreign soil, jump on in with pertinent information.

My real issue is how do I use programs that cut months of work into a day and also try to keep people employed.

IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 01/15/24 at 15:02:19

I think a business is primarily about making money and when you shift your focus to how do I retain people...Humm
You can never look into the future, but optimizing, strengthening and making everything more efficient as quickly as possible is better than cutting back. But you must involve your staff in this and they will have to play an active role and learn to work with AI at their side. Seeing how others do that is very important, so look for similar companies and see if you can have open conversations. Someone who struggles with the same thing could be a very good friend. You should now be thinking like a start-up. And put a lot of energy into it and you will be stronger later.

And at the same time you have to take it easy. Relaxed people do better in business.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 01/15/24 at 22:08:02

AI doesn't change business, AI is a worker, your people have to become managers.
They direct AI to work, and then present the conclusion to the customer.

WWW   IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 01/16/24 at 05:10:32

The relationship between supply and demand is changing.
You can't keep doing the same thing and think that the AI will help you make more money.

So you will also have to use AI to improve your PR and increase the quality of what you offer. And your response time must be shorter. Your product must be tailored to the market.
And pay attention to details, so that everyone knows that you value efficiency.
Efficiency is the key word, starting with the doormat where you wipe your feet.
I still encounter people who type with two fingers.
Many employers who have slowly recruited more staff have often not received managerial training.
So I think the comment about becoming a manager is a smart one.
Do you have the idea that your employees sit in front of the TV every evening and get drunk during the weekend? You can't do anything with that.
You need enthusiastic staff.
So sometimes with big changes it is better to let people go.
That is very difficult, but you can also ask for help with that.

It is important to remain flexible and constantly evolve.
You will also need to let your customers know that you are modernizing, and show them that and how they will benefit from it. show them that you are ready for the future and that you have integrated as much as possible into the latest developments in AI.

And work together, for example by making your product better suited to their new way of working. So you need feedback from your customers in service conversations. Ask them where their problems are and offer solutions.
Market research in the rapidly changing market is now more important than ever.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 01/16/24 at 05:35:14

AI doesn't change business, AI is a worker, your people have to become managers.
They direct AI to work, and then present the conclusion to the customer.

The problem is that right now I need 20 people to read through a series of research papers over the course of a week.  AI can do all that in about an hour.  One hour.

I do not need 20 people to assign AI to read papers, I need one.  So what do I do with the other 19 people?  If there was demand for 10,000 research papers to be read - daily - it would be fine, I could use 19 additional AI management employees, but there simply isn't that level of need.

It's like having a robot that can change tires at a rate of 500 per hour and can be run/maintained by one mechanic.  It's so efficient in regard to output / maintenance ratio that a single employee can now output 4000 tire changes a day.  How many staff would you need to change 4000 tires a day manually?  

This is what AI is doing to research and data collection.  

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 01/16/24 at 07:10:16

One day,.. the world will consist of only plumbers

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #8 - 01/16/24 at 09:35:56

I would like electricity as well as water; and gas too.
There are lots of things AI cannot do, you need a person to do it.
Can AI plug itself in to a power source ? No, it takes a person to make the physical connection.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 01/16/24 at 16:12:39

I would like electricity as well as water; and gas too.
There are lots of things AI cannot do, you need a person to do it.
Can AI plug itself in to a power source ? No, it takes a person to make the physical connection.

This is true, but I am not aware of anyone claiming AI will do all things for humans.  It can however analyze a city power usage in seconds and provide any type of chart, list, graphic etc. that one would want along with cost breakdowns from suppliers all over the planet for any parts available as well as comparative results for any known city on the planet.

The guy putting in the power infrastructure will have a job, the 30 people deciding where it goes, when, how much, and for how long won't.

Basically its an issue of doing math on paper with a pencil, versus a calculator.  It's just that the calculator can do many, many more things now.

IP Logged
DaveFromCanada
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 01/19/24 at 17:13:36

From what I have read - AI will be a 'helper' instead of a complete replacement for people.  I would expect white collar workers will be expected to know how to utilize AI - just like now, employees are expected to have experience with MS Office.  Knowing how to utilize "ms copilot' will become part of job descriptions

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 01/21/24 at 23:47:30

From what I have read - AI will be a 'helper' instead of a complete replacement for people.  I would expect white collar workers will be expected to know how to utilize AI - just like now, employees are expected to have experience with MS Office.  Knowing how to utilize "ms copilot' will become part of job descriptions

This is true when addressing concerns that robots will run the planet.  However it will completely replace many people.  Typically the volume of people needed to complete a task, just like the Industrial Revolution did.

Another example is an art team to design logo ideas.  One human can generate over 5000 logo examples for a client in a day.  That same human could not physically create with their hands 5000 in a day.  

The human(s) photoshopping, detailing, finalizing the logo chosen from the AI generated models still have jobs.  But the core logo-design process can be done by one human, instead of hundreds.

Now on the other end, humans with zero artistic ability can now enter the logo design field as AI can generate, enhance and finalize an entire design.  This now opens the door for millions of more graphic designers to give it a shot when they would otherwise have needed skill and education to physically/digitally draw the exact same things.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 01/22/24 at 00:33:31

IP Logged
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 01/22/24 at 02:23:26

I saw a while ago that CHat GPT was bad at riddles. Until recently he could only solve it if it was a classic riddle, and then it is not really solved. But lately there has been real noticeable progress and solutions are coming up that are very close to the answer.

If AI can really solve all the issues it faces. Then it can also repair a water pipe.

However, the practicalities of the technology will take a little more time to develop and will probably be more expensive than a plumber.

I think that in a factory hall where AI is behind a CAD cam program and is connected to CNC machines operated by robots, it will be possible in the future to develop very innovative machines or robots. And I think AI will then determine where we should be deployed. Ai will then direct us and explain what we need to do.

Completely on a voluntary basis, of course.

Developments are moving very quickly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAY30lci8mI

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #14 - 01/22/24 at 13:10:51

Like anything designed or invented by humans AI will be a double edged sword with many positive and terrifyling negative aspects. As Egore pointed out it will speed up planning and research and probably manufacturing. When combined with robotics as shown in the Tesla robot film, it will enhance space exploration. Personally I don't see humans getting further than Mars. The weponisation potential is frightening, with people like Mr Putin and Kim Il whoever he is undouteby looking at it, as well as the western allies and their friends. The social disruption caused if millions lose their jobs needs to be taken into account as well.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 02:24:26

General CategoryThe Cafe › Advantages of AI

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.