Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Decompression Solenoid Delete (Read 70 times)
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Decompression Solenoid Delete
11/12/23 at 10:14:41

My latest project.  Glad I got it cheap ($600).  Does this look like a decompression solenoid delete job?  The adjuster is rolled all the way forward.  When I get to the point of trying to start the bike, what will a full forward position do?  And vise versa, turned clockwise?  It moves less than 1/4 turn.  Until I replace it, should I try to eyeball the middle of the range? Fun stuff.  It’s apparently been like this a while.  I bought it from a young man that knows nothing.  The guy he bought ot from knew some stuff to keep it going, but I’m finding accumulated neglect everywhere.  It ran about a month ago and the kid I bought it from just gave up and punted.

IMG_3069.jpeg
  IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Re: Decompression Solenoid Delete
Reply #1 - 11/12/23 at 10:16:18

Right side view.

IMG_3067.jpeg
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 11/12/23 at 11:18:39

It is not good to have the decompression shaft without the lever and return spring on it.  It can rotate and bump into the exhaust valve rocker.  It won't likely do any damage......but it will be noisy and could create a rattle.

At a minimum - get the lever, spring and nut installed on the shaft.  You can likely live without a solenoid and working compression release in TX (if you don't have to start the bike when it is 15 degrees!).

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 11/12/23 at 11:27:13

open up the valve inspection cover and look at it from inside.
turn the flat towards the rocker.
if it happens to turn (as long as it doesn't turn all the way around) it may hit and get turned back.

you should at least put the arm and spring back on, this will hold it in place.

I have extras if you need them.

WWW   IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #4 - 11/12/23 at 11:41:33

Thank you, Verslagen!  I would like to buy from you if you have extras lying around.  I will message you.  Thanks.

IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #5 - 11/14/23 at 06:30:52

And Thank You, Dave!  Sorry, I thought you were Verslagen too!  I just reread.  My bad!!

Verslagen - did you get my message?  I would like to get the arm and spring and everything that goes on the left side if you have them.  I can’t even find those parts on a Suzuki parts diagram.  There is a wide choice of solenoids with cable and bracket on eBay if you don’t have that lying around.  Thanks.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 11/14/23 at 08:27:28

ThumperPaul wrote on 11/14/23 at 06:30:52:
Verslagen - did you get my message?  I would like to get the arm and spring and everything that goes on the left side if you have them.  I can’t even find those parts on a Suzuki parts diagram.  There is a wide choice of solenoids with cable and bracket on eBay if you don’t have that lying around.  Thanks.

I got your message... did you see my reply?

WWW   IP Logged
ThumperPaul
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, Texas
Reply #7 - 11/14/23 at 12:31:35

Doh!  Sorry.  I just replied.  Thanks.

IP Logged
LS650Florida
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 12/28/23 at 14:32:03

Hello all! I've got an 08 ls650 savage that's totally new to me. All safety to start functions are there and working, new controller was in installed (thought that was my issue), confirmed starter turns, EVERYTHING - still nothing from decomp timer to starter relay to spin. Back online researching and read something yesterday about the reg/rect. Apparently suzuki fir a short time used an alternative company for them. And, get this those with said reg/rect have 6 wires not the normal 5 and that 6th OB is a power to some link in the starting line somewhere?
Does this make any sense to anyone?

IP Logged
Surviving Philly

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 12/28/23 at 15:17:24

Hey man, I think what you're talking about is actually the decomp controller, which, in the 80s models had 6 wires but in the rest of them has 5. I don't think anything with that would apply to your situation.

The bike has a few interlocks -- one is the kickstand, one is the clutch, one is the and/or neutral.

If you just replaced the decomp controller relay, I'm going to assume that isn't the issue. Are you sure the decomp is getting power? It has its own fuse, the bike has two fuses total, I would check those, I would check connections.

You kind of have to look at the wiring diagram in the tech section and start working your way up the chain to find wherever you have a short.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/07/24 at 06:41:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Decompression Solenoid Delete

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.