Reply #16 - 11/15/23 at 15:28:03

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: never forget
Reply #17 - 11/16/23 at 05:26:20

https://www.ncsl.org/state-legislatures-news/details/supreme-court-strikes-do...

Ok so there you go.  That's proof the Supreme Court did NOT rule on the loan forgiveness Biden implemented.

So we are going to hear how people are being intentionally delusional about Trump saying to inject bleach and then also are provided empirical evidence indicating the Supreme Court ruled on a totally different loan program than what is claimed?

Biden shows Dictator like behavior, your proof is a Supreme Court ruling about a different program.  So do you expect us to just pretend it's the same one?  How exactly are we supposed to take this?

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #18 - 11/16/23 at 06:57:04

Eegore wrote on 11/16/23 at 05:26:20:
"... That's proof the Supreme Court did NOT rule on the loan forgiveness Biden implemented. ..."

Can you point out where it said, which program it was talking about ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 11/16/23 at 07:11:15

"Can you point out where it said, which program it was talking about ?"

Yeah the whole article but people would have to read it.  

In Biden v. Nebraska, which was decided 6-3, the court struck down the administration’s student loan forgiveness program and agreed with the six challenging states that they had standing to sue.  

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/22pdf/22-506_nmip.pdf

"In the second case, Department of Education v. Brown, the court ruled that individual borrowers who challenged the plan lacked standing to bring their case."

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/22pdf/22-535_i3kn.pdf

The court held that the Higher Education Relief Opportunities for Students Act, or HEROES Act, does not authorize the administration’s student loan forgiveness plan.

the education secretary received a memorandum from the Office of the General Counsel determining that the HEROES Act “grants the Secretary authority that could be used to effectuate a program of targeted loan cancellation directed at addressing the financial harms of the COVID–19 pandemic.”

A few months later, the secretary invoked the HEROES Act to reduce or eliminate student loan debt of most borrowers nationwide.

The court rejected the administration’s argument that the secretary had authority under the HEROES Act to cancel student loan debt on the grounds that the statute permits only a waiver or modification of financial assistance, not a rewriting of the statute

The court also rejected the idea that the loan forgiveness plan was a waiver of provisions under the HEROES Act because the “plan specifies particular sums to be forgiven and income-based eligibility requirements.

The court reasoned that the Congress that enacted the HEROES Act did not grant such power to the education secretary.

They think the plan a very bad idea, but they are no worse off because the Secretary differs.” In her view, the text of the HEROES Act makes clear that the plan is legal.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 11/16/23 at 07:28:12

The court held that the Higher Education Relief Opportunities for Students Act, or HEROES Act, does not authorize the administration’s student loan forgiveness plan.

the education secretary received a memorandum from the Office of the General Counsel determining that the HEROES Act “grants the Secretary authority that could be used to effectuate a program of targeted loan cancellation directed at addressing the financial harms of the COVID–19 pandemic.”

A few months later, the secretary invoked the HEROES Act to reduce or eliminate student loan debt of most borrowers nationwide.

The court rejected the administration’s argument that the secretary had authority under the HEROES Act to cancel student loan debt on the grounds that the statute permits only a waiver or modification of financial assistance, not a rewriting of the statute

The court also rejected the idea that the loan forgiveness plan was a waiver of provisions under the HEROES Act because the “plan specifies particular sums to be forgiven and income-based eligibility requirements.

The court reasoned that the Congress that enacted the HEROES Act did not grant such power to the education secretary.

So how are those findings not a rejection?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 11/16/23 at 08:02:05

So how are those findings not a rejection?

They are.

The Biden Dictator "did it anyway" reference you are using is about a different loan program from over 30 years ago.  Biden ordered the government to honor loan agreements made 30 years ago for people that already PAID the term required for forgiveness.  If Trump did this people would be calling him a hero.

People ignore the fact that it's different loan programs so they can say Biden ignored a Supreme Court ruling.  They pretend the Supreme Court ruling is about the older loan programs just like they pretend Trump said to inject bleach.  It's willful ignorance in both cases.

Its not difficult to understand there's a difference, all one has to do is look at the information provided, but why be honest and accurate if it's about a POTUS you don't like?  Just go with a headline and repeat repeat repeat... but that's not ok if it's done about the guy we like.. in that case we want accuracy.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #22 - 11/16/23 at 11:56:33

Eegore wrote on 11/16/23 at 08:02:05:
"... reference you are using is about a different loan program from over 30 years ago.  Biden ordered the government to honor loan agreements made 30 years ago for people that already PAID the term required for forgiveness.  ..."

Had the opportunity to 'take out loans' many years ago.
Do not remember a condition that a number of payments would satisfy a loan.
It was always a repay of the amount borrowed, (plus interest) which satisfied the loan.

Can you supply a copy of the reference that a, time period vs a amount, would repay a loan.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 11/16/23 at 19:49:15

Had the opportunity to 'take out loans' many years ago.
Do not remember a condition that a number of payments would satisfy a loan.
It was always a repay of the amount borrowed, (plus interest) which satisfied the loan.

Yeah me too.  We obviously weren't part of the programs thousands of other human US Citizens were.  Failing to Observe these loans exist won't change the fact that they do.

Can you supply a copy of the reference that a, time period vs a amount, would repay a loan.

You mean like the hundreds of thousands of loans that have existed for decades where humans that work at a job for X-amount of years get their schooling paid off?  Or where the Dept. of Education issued income repayment plans with term-forgiveness but massive Government incompetence screwed them over?  Or the term-payment programs where human US Citizens PAID their loans for 25 years but the Government "miscalculated"?

https://www.gao.gov/products/gao-22-103720

Deflection here won't change the fact that the Supreme Court ruling Webstermark is referencing is not about the loans the Biden Administration honored.  They are:

"loan forgiveness programs for public servants, borrowers who have been in repayment for many years, and those who have been defrauded by their school.

But if we choose to not Observe that, and people do, then we can continue the narrative (a constructive way to say lying) that Dictator Biden forgave loans the Supreme Court ruled against.  Just another example of repeat repeat repeat, say what you are TOLD to say.

To be clear I don't think Webstermark is intentionally lying, I just think he was given incorrect information that was "too easy to believe" and is just going with it.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 11/17/23 at 05:35:57

I saw “news” reports from both political spectrums that the Supreme Court ruled against Biden’s loan forgiveness plan so, yes, I repeated that. If it is wrong, I’m puzzled how, and more importantly why, Biden’s patriot guard, the news media, didn’t point out these rulings were not about his primary plan to use to paper money to pay off the financial institutions who made college loans to future Democratic voters for majors with little chance of future employment.

If I’m wrong I apologize.

I do take offense with the suggestion this is on par with the fine people or drink bleach hoax. Those are flat out lies and those on here regularly repeat those lies as facts. You can show the transcripts but they’ll still deny it. There’s no way what I said is in the same solar system as that.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 11/17/23 at 06:02:45

I saw “news” reports from both political spectrums that the Supreme Court ruled against Biden’s loan forgiveness plan so, yes, I repeated that. If it is wrong, I’m puzzled how, and more importantly why, Biden’s patriot guard, the news media, didn’t point out these rulings were not about his primary plan to use to paper money to pay off the financial institutions who made college loans to future Democratic voters for majors with little chance of future employment.

I don't know why you never witnessed specific things, I saw plenty of accurate reporting referencing the correct loan programs.

Bottom line is there are two different loan programs.  The Supreme Court never ruled on the one's Biden approved loan forgiveness for.  Really it was nothing more than honoring approvals made 30 years ago.

"I do take offense with the suggestion this is on par with the fine people or drink bleach hoax. Those are flat out lies and those on here regularly repeat those lies as facts. You can show the transcripts but they’ll still deny it. There’s no way what I said is in the same solar system as that."

That's why I said I do not think you are intentionally lying.  To be clear:  I do not think you are intentionally lying.  You were repeating inaccurate information you thought was true.

The difference here is you will actually look at or discuss information like an adult instead of trying to find a way around a simple fact because you want Biden (or me) to be wrong so badly that truth doesn't matter.  Instead of trying to imply that thousands upon thousands of humans are lying about their loans for the past 25 years because you never had one like that, (or some other method of implying this is not true), you at least consider it could be plausible that the information You witnessed was wrong on this one specific issue.

Biden can still be incompetent and also the Supreme Court could have ruled on a different loan issue.  If you had severe BDS or AWES you would not be capable of acknowledging this.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #26 - 11/17/23 at 06:08:17

I officially forgot.

Bless our vets  Cool

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 11/17/23 at 06:32:56

Serowbot wrote on 11/17/23 at 06:08:17:
I officially forgot.

Bless our vets  Cool

That’s the fair and balanced moderator I’ve come to know and love!

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #28 - 11/17/23 at 07:31:42

Yep a handful of ‘SOME’ loans were mishandled.

They, “… could be potentially eligible for IDR forgiveness …”

“… GAO found that about 7,700 loans in repayment (about 11 percent of loans analyzed) could be potentially eligible for IDR forgiveness …”

If one takes out a loan,
Does the word,
    ‘RESPONSIBLE’
come into play here ?

Or does one hope a mush for brains POTUS will sprinkle some Fairy Dust and say, ‘POOF” your loan is now forgiven.
  (Then in gratitude you will vote for a bumbling puppet)

“… could be potentially eligible …”
“… to be potentially eligible …”
“… potentially eligible …”

“… borrowers may make uninformed decisions and be unable to correct inaccurate counts, potentially delaying forgiveness …”

“… Borrowers who do not receive this information may be unaware that months in forbearance and most types of deferment generally do not count …”

https://www.gao.gov/assets/extracts/9514d52e93513ac9b1d5ac6730e29689/rId14_im...
62,600,  NOT eligible, NOT ELIGIBLE !
7,700,  Potentially eligible.
Again Potentially eligible.

End result, the UL Media, 'implying', Biden is a nice guy.
Implying he 'gave' forgiveness, when in fact he simply required the 'government' to honor the agreement made on 7,700 loans.
Then down played, the FACT that he wanted to GIVE AWAY more, and was told he could not.

Eegore wrote on 11/16/23 at 19:49:15:
"... but massive Government incompetence screwed them over ..."  

Oh, and this was the ONLY time, that ever has happened ?

Like I say when someone cries to me about how their identity was stolen, and I ask for the details of how.

After they tell the story, I say,
"Your identity was not stolen,
you GAVE it to them"

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #29 - 11/17/23 at 07:33:38

Serowbot wrote on 11/17/23 at 06:08:17:
I officially forgot.

Bless our vets  Cool