2024 Rides (Read 2642 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: 2024 Rides
Reply #420 - 04/11/24 at 07:06:59

Dave , you and Deb rolling down the road grinning ear to ear is a nice sight to picture !   Ya'll have fun !   Smiley

I rode a "  FrankenBike!!  " with a strait handlebar one time .   It was quite the experience !!!    Grin
Who would have thought a little curve in a pipe would make such a difference !

I'm leaving in the morning to roll over to Lancer and Paula's house.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #421 - 04/11/24 at 09:49:23

This is grand. Just a couple of days from leaving and today the S40 would not start. I pressed the starter button and nothing. I verified all was correct, clutch in, pressed a few more times and it turned over. Did not have choke engaged so did not start. Engaged choke, pressed started button and nothing. The battery has been on the tender and indicates fully charged and only a few months old. I suspect either a loose connection or the decomp solenoid. Anyway, rolled it back up the driveway and started up the Honda. Head off to work but stop at gas station about 8 miles away. Cannot turn off turn signal. The turn signal switch stub broke as I was trying to turn off the turn signal. I fuel up and play with it for about 10 minutes but cannot fix. Considered removing light bulbs from turn signals but that flashing indicator ligth is really distracting. So I rode back home, parked the Honda and got in my pick up. Got to work very late. Guess I will be doing some mechanicing on Saturday. I'll be riding the Honda so worst case scenario I will not have working turn signals. Oh the fun, the fun! Angry

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #422 - 04/11/24 at 10:11:12

I had a broken wire in the starter switch once, luckily we were at MMR's and I was able to get it fixed.

WWW   IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #423 - 04/11/24 at 10:40:47

verslagen1 wrote on 04/11/24 at 10:11:12:
I had a broken wire in the starter switch once, luckily we were at MMR's and I was able to get it fixed.

or corrosion / crud in the starter switch.  Seen that before.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #424 - 04/11/24 at 11:53:31

Thanks. I was going to look at the wires and connections. Had not considered crud in the switch.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #425 - 04/11/24 at 18:38:07

Put a voltmeter on the Savage battery and read the voltage when you press the start button - if the voltage drops significantly the battery is bad.

Try bypassing the clutch and kickstand safety switches.  Disconnect the plug and put a piece of wire in the terminal ends to complete the circuit where the switch was.  (It is not uncommon for these switches to stop working).

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #426 - 04/11/24 at 18:44:27

Was the green light on ?

My Guzzi V-9 would need to be in neutral for the starter to work.
The Guzzi V-7 would need the kill switch on the right to be flicked sometimes.
The clutch pull switch might be defective ?
The kick stand might not be "all the way up"

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #427 - 04/11/24 at 18:47:44

We are staying at a Cackle Burial again tonight - this one is about 50 miles east of Dallas.  Cracker Barrel does allow overnight stays in their parking lot, and hopefully folks won't start abusing this and we will always be welcome here.  They are not as quiet as a campground, as they are always located very near to the interstate highway - but they don't have room for semi trucks so they are much better than trying to sleep at a public "REST AREA" along the highway.

I am absolutely amazed by the number of semi trucks on I-65, I-40 and I-30.  It appears they outnumber the automobiles.  At night the rest areas, fuel stops and truck parking areas are jammed full and overflowing with trucks!   That is why we have chosen to stay at Cracker Barrel - you cannot find aspace at the public rest stops, as they are full of trucks!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #428 - 04/11/24 at 18:58:03

Hay Springman , you probably already thought of this but ...

Does the Honda have the "Push to cancel" system ?

Would a butter knife or small screw diver slip into the slot and Cancel it ?

Just thinking ...  Huh

springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #429 - 04/12/24 at 08:45:08

Thanks for the suggestions Dave. I will probably try to take a look at the bike tonight.

Thanks also MM. The bike was in neutral and the kill switch was not in the kill position. On the Honda while I was at the gas station I tried to turn off the turn signal both with the piece that broke (it fell in front of the gas pump where I could see it) and my pocket knife, but neither worked. I'll just open up the turn signal assembly and reset it manually and see if there is anyway I can fix the little broken part.

One way or another I will be there on Sunday, even if I have to enlist all of you guys as mechanics. Cool Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #430 - 04/13/24 at 02:34:41

Deb and I have been rolling down the road = Deb may have been grinnin' a bit - but I was a bit miserable.  After mowing the yard on Tuesday I had a stuffy nose and just figured the mold/pollen had affected me - but it turned out I had caught a cold somewhere.  By the time we left Wednesday morning it had become a full onslaught with runny nose, head congestion, coughing and sneezing.  It was a difficult task to stay alert and drive on Wednesday/Thursday.....I felt a bit fetter by Friday, and even better this morning.

Today we are going with our inlaws to a shooting event that he is competing in.  IT is some kind of an event for accuracy at 50 yards - he also competes in longer distance events.  After the competition we will be shooting just for fun.  We brought along a .22 so we can shoot a lot and still be able to afford to buy dinner!

We will be leaving Waxahatchee tomorrow morning and it will take us around 5 hours to get to KErrville.

I have signed onto the Life360 - Youzguyz is on there as well.  So far we are the only 2 that have logged on.

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #431 - 04/13/24 at 02:44:03

Dave wrote on 04/13/24 at 02:34:41:
I have signed onto the Life360 - Youzguyz is on there as well.  So far we are the only 2 that have logged on.

ThumperPaul and Springman are signed up for the 2024 Hill Country circle as well, just not visible at this time.
Haven't seen MM, Lancer, Versy, Hammer.  I can send out another join code when needed.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #432 - 04/13/24 at 11:30:33

finally I'm ready, late start, flat tire, etc., etc.

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #433 - 04/14/24 at 04:58:05

Yesterday I went with my Waxahatchie family members to a 50 yard shooting event to watch him compete.  It was certainly a sport that could become addicting.  They had .22 caliber bolt action target rifles and they shot at targets that had 25 circles about the size of a quarter.  Each shot scored 100/50/0 depending on how close you got to the center.  After the competition I had the chance to shoot one of the rifles and it was incredible how sensitive they were to how you pulled/squeezed the trigger.  The slightest twitch, breath or heartbeat at the wrong time could pull the bullet off the target - and you really could not sense what you did wrong.  When you got it right the bullet would consistenly hit the center - but it took great control.  I started out a little erratic - but as I continued I got more accurate and started hitting the 100 point mark often.

I saw on Life360 that Hammer left Atlanta about 9AM and went west at a very fast pace.  The data that the Life360 app displays could likely get him a good scolding from his wife  When he stopped moving around 11PM I could see that he was located inside a building - I zoomed in to the location and was glad to to discover it was a hotel and not a detention cell!

I looked at the Accuweather forecast and it appears good until Saturday.  On that day they are forecasting strong morning storms with more in the afternoon.  Obviously the forecast is a guess - but it has improved from what was forecast a few days ago.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #434 - 04/14/24 at 08:31:07

On the road again !
Close to the Red River .

Both of our bikes have had no issues during this trip so far, they are riding so well in the back of the pickup.

Well, I did have a little issue on the BSA yesterday.  MM and I were out for a ride and about an hour into the ride my bike ran out of gas, so I got some from a rancher ( bless him), filled the tank, and the bike would not start.  Had to go get the truck to carry it home.  So, now Rex is with us after all.
Oh well, maybe next time for the BSA.

« Last Edit: 04/14/24 at 10:15:58 by LANCER »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 34
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 08:43:08

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2024 Rides

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.