Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
So how are things in Southern Calf ? (Read 114 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: So how are things in Southern Calf ?
Reply #15 - 11/06/23 at 20:01:21

I'm curious MM, what bike are you waiting on?  

I know this might sound a little CRAZY ... but ...

The short ansure is the Super Meteor 650 . the Red and White one with the touring seat and back rest.
I'd like to test ride one of them before buying one.  

I really like my Meteor 350 but have to admit its a little short on ridding double and going uphill.  Its geared like the Stock Savage and is up  to about 23HP now w/a little less torque feel.   It reminds me of a 1980's Chevy S-10 4 cylinder I had for a commuter truck , Great fuel millage but no hot rod !  Smiley
I do have the performance cam to put in next time I have the valve cover off.  That will add another 4 or 5 HP  and will make it just a little less than a stock Savage .  

If the Super Meteor had of made it to my local dealer in 2023 I'd have one of them now ... but now I'll wait and see how the new cam makes the 350 feel ... the 350 isn't lacking much to be just fine like it is now.  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #16 - 11/07/23 at 11:17:17

I have to admit that I would really like to test ride the Super Meteor myself. However, the Honda Rebel 1100 weighs even less and has so much more power. I definitely want to try it also! Smiley

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #17 - 11/07/23 at 17:36:04

Part of the equation for me is fuel millage.  

I'm also sure that some motors just never can .   I had a Kawasaki 440 that didn't feel as powerful as a stock LS650 than only got 42mpg.   Also had a 4 cylinder Kawasaki LTD750 that only got about 40mpg.   It's like the manufacture never even thought about fuel millage .  I knew a guy who rode a Honda CB750K four cylinder with just as much power and his bike never got less than 50mpg and most of the time got more like 55mpg. that was a 1976 model like the Red one.  They don't make any more of them.  (besides they had primary chains that rattled)  Roll Eyes

So once I get "enough HP " too much excess is just excess  Huh.  
However ...
Some folks don't give a hoot about fuel millage , and the term "cheap transportation" never occurs in their thoughts ?

I'm averaging over 80mpg on reg. fuel now.  

https://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/Honda/honda_cb750k_76.html

I'm going to Fuelly to check on the Newer Honda bikes next.  Huh

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #18 - 11/07/23 at 18:12:08

Does this look about right ... or ... did I get the wrong model ?   Huh

https://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/vt1100c_shadow_spirit

I found this on the Honda 1100 vs 500 Rebel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaaIbHGnH7Y

It seems like Honda puts this 500 motor on a lot of machines ?

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #19 - 11/08/23 at 01:50:13

MMRanch wrote on 11/07/23 at 18:12:08:
Does this look about right ... or ... did I get the wrong model ?   Huh

https://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/vt1100c_shadow_spirit

The Honda Shadow Spirit is a V=Twin, the Rebel is a parallel twin.

Here is the Rebel 1100 Fuelly = only 6,000 miles reported by 4 owners. (It appears the Rebel 1100 owners don't ride much.....or if they do they don't tell Fuelly about it).  

https://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/honda/rebel_1100t

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #20 - 11/08/23 at 17:29:44

Hay !    Smiley Fifty MPG and 1100cc is kind of impressive !  

Somebody needs to go ride one ... and report back ?  

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #21 - 11/08/23 at 18:13:45

I went on a ride today with some friends.  The day started out just a bit below 60 - but approached 80 in the afternoon.

The riders were all pretty much the same - old retired guys who still enjoy motorcycles.

The motorcycles were quite diverse.  A Triumph Bonneville, Moto Guzzi V100 Mondello, BMW F800GT, Ducati Scrambler, Kawasaki KLR650.  There were 2 parallel twins, 1 lateral V twin, 1 longitudinal V twin, 1 vertical single.  There were 3 chain drives, 1 driveshaft and 1 belt drive.

We had a good ride and good company - the wind kicked up a bit later in the afternoon to let us know that the colder weather is blowing in.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #22 - 11/08/23 at 21:10:56

quite diverse.  

Smiley

Good for everyone to know what they want and even better for all to have what they want !   Wink

I'm noticing the same thing with our little group here.     I figure that one day Versey will show up on a Savage chasey pushed along by a Honda 500 4 cylinder , and Springman straddling a Honda Rebel 1100 , and somebody on a BMW ?   Heck there might be somebody on an India motorcycle , someone else on a giant Triumph and a dino bike in the mix ?  
Who knows ???  Cool

I caught myself looking a the reviews of the Triumph speed twin 900 a few nights ago ?   It was 64HP and 59mpg , about 400#s   Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/05/24 at 21:01:42

General CategoryThe Cafe › So how are things in Southern Calf ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.