Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Long time no see, from Sweden! (Read 42 times)
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Long time no see, from Sweden!
11/05/23 at 05:11:25

Hey.. everybody that still on this site!
In anyway, im still have my LS 650 Savage frome 2000!
There have been some sorows, first Covid, then my mother died, and then a less problem/sorrow, my bike didnt work, it prefered to womiting all the petrol out beneit on the ground!
In anyway.. after funeral and that sorrows I did get my bike to my local MC-shop, för carburator cleaning, oil and oilfilter change, and a check on the cylinder tension bults.. if former owners didnt do this.. to be sure!
It did work fine all the way home, then it stand 14 days, then it womiting petrol again! It have been standing for the moste part of summer 2023, sometimes it works, others it pukes petrol on the street!
Soo, the carburator is cleaned, thats not the problem.. it must be the floating valve or the floats!
Soo.. another trye, change the floating valve.. another local MC-shop, (mostly H-D) but the mecanic started his carrier as a mecanic at our national Suzuki seller! Its gold for me!
Soo, its verry cold now.. but I have put my bike outside several times to start it, to convince my self.. that my bike dont womiting petrol on the ground!

In anyway.. there is a hope for 2024 summer, let it be my best biker summer seens my youth!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Long time no see, from Sweden!
Reply #1 - 11/05/23 at 06:56:52

Yes... life, but at least we can fix our bikes.

Do you have the stock petcock? We highly recommend the yamaha raptor petcock because it is manual and can be shut off thus preventing the petrol on ground problem.

WWW   IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #2 - 11/05/23 at 17:03:56

verslagen1 wrote on 11/05/23 at 06:56:52:
Yes... life, but at least we can fix our bikes.

Do you have the stock petcock? We highly recommend the yamaha raptor petcock because it is manual and can be shut off thus preventing the petrol on ground problem.

---------------------

I agree with what he said!!

IP Logged
TheSneeze
Serious Thumper

Northern Nevada
Reply #3 - 11/06/23 at 06:20:10

My condolences, Zepp.  We just lost our mother in August.

Be sure to get an original Yamaha part, to ensure the outlet size matches for the fuel line.  There are knock offs on the FleaBay site that are different, and not genuine Yamaha parts.

Every twenty minute job is a stripped thread away from being a three day ordeal.

'87 LS650h Savage Street Tracker
'86 LS650g Savage (parts bike)
'81 Kawasaki KZ750e ELR tribute
  IP Logged
Zepp

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 11/09/23 at 04:52:19

Thank you everybody!
Yeah, I know about the petcock problem and monitoring it.. you guys make me aware of that topic!
In anyway I did talk to my new Suzuki/HD mecanic about it, he did know about it, especial about leaking membrane!
And then he told me another story.. when they sold a lot of Savages in sweden, the moste comon problem was that people did run out of oil!
Becuse there is very litle oil in our engin, one have to check the oil level frequently! I did notice this when "Itchy boots" did run here bike out of oil!
And now when my Suzuki/HD mecanic says the same, im gonna pay even more attention to that!
Becuse I have a plan, for 2024 spring and summer, get out on the road again, in spring juste getting out, in summer expand this to ride to meetings/events! Soo, its good to have a plan and if all goes at least without problems.. im going to change the petcock when my bike is at service.. juste to be safe/not going to have any problems in the future!

And then I have to confess.. I have only put 1000 kilometers/621 miles on this bike in five years/summers. Dont count 22-23, those was covid and engin troubles!
I have probably spend more time on Youtube watching LS 650/S40, then riding my bike!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/05/24 at 19:28:27

General CategoryThe Cafe › Long time no see, from Sweden!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.