Send Topic Print
Fuel tanks & caps (Read 41 times)
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Fuel tanks & caps
10/01/23 at 11:04:59

I’m working with a twice modified Ryca tank. That was from a 96 CA donor with emissions canister , as well as the cap too. I’ve always felt this bike had more to give. During hot weather cap would leak fuel , one day in the garage it was vent fuel mist and dripping off the paint job. So I bought a cap for the seal and wound up gutting new cap to repair old cap to keep key alike. Notice the valving pieces were different , CA & 49 state. So I put original cap back together with new rubber seal and 49 state valve from new cap. Seems everything I do is bad for mileage, but everything seems to make faster , does not feel restricted anymore. The lower the fuel level the worst it got , she’s all go now. It needs a speed run to verify it. The oem CA only tank had a vent tube to canister that was removed when 1st mod was done by Ryca but still had oem venting in cap. Seems that new vent is working much better than the old one. Time will tell.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Fuel tanks & caps
Reply #1 - 10/02/23 at 03:59:45

I know how to tell the difference between the fuel tanks....the CA one has a metal vent tube attached.

Is there any visible evidence of difference (vented vs. unvented) in the fuel caps?

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #2 - 10/02/23 at 04:49:41

The guides on the sides 49 state the guides are both the same and guides on the CA cap are different one wide one narrow. The guides fit into grooves in the tank. CA tanks have vent spout. I’m not sure if the vent valve malfunctioned due to age but it draws fuel much better when level is low or on reserve. Ryca removed spout when making alterations. I added a deep well float bowl nut , gave it a more linear feel to power delivery. Don’t know how or why but maybe less turbulence near main jet , better/constant supply. Next time out I’ll stretch her legs a bit and see just how unrestricted and linear she can be !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #3 - 10/02/23 at 06:33:56

besides the wide and narrow lugs, if you tear down the cap to find the vents, the CA cap only has 1 (inlet) and the 49 state has 2 (inlet and outlet).

run some wd40 thru them while you're there, they can get clogged.

my tank used to moan at night.

WWW   IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #4 - 10/02/23 at 21:43:02

If you were to listen a little harder , it’s not a moan , it sayin ride me , more more faster faster !  Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #5 - 10/03/23 at 03:52:40

Ruttly wrote on 10/02/23 at 21:43:02:
If you were to listen a little harder , it’s not a moan , it sayin ride me , more more faster faster !  Grin

I hear that drum beat often.
Seems like I was born with it.
It can take effort to manage it at times.
🏍 😎   Zoom Zoom

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #6 - 10/03/23 at 10:13:25

Been riding since I was 7 by now it’s not something you do , it’s very simply who you are. Maybe a few times being sick that I didn’t ride for a stretch, but I always had dreams of riding when I wasn’t. My favorite Freedom !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/05/24 at 13:48:28

General CategoryThe Cafe › Fuel tanks & caps

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.