Send Topic Print
Keihin Needle (Read 29 times)
Moarpower

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Keihin Needle
06/06/23 at 16:47:53

Hi guys.
I purchased a Keihin pwk 38 and the needles are an enigma.
I am having a really hard time finding a single EEN anywhere. Contacted Sudco, jetsrus (who were no help 😂 )  and a bunch of places here in Australia.  Is there a good alternative?
Mine is shipping with the DDJ needle. Unsure if this is going to be a richer or leaner needle.

IP Logged
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Re: Keihin Needle
Reply #1 - 06/07/23 at 13:12:05

The EEN needle is significantly richer than the DDJ.  The EEN is smaller in diameter and has a steeper taper, but the taper starts a bit later.  This post will give you an idea of what worked good for me, but I have a significantly different setup than yours.  I suspect my compression is a bit higher, my head probably flows more air, and I have a 1.79" header. You might find the link useful.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1676333024

A lot depends on the needle jet.  You said you got an "air striker".  That carb is supposed to have a bit better vacuum signal at small throttle openings.  Also, the slide cutaway has a significant effect at small throttle openings.  I suspect you don't know what the cutaway is.  Probably a #7 but you will have to wait until you have the carb in hand to verify.

Is the PWK a genuine Keihin or is it a knock-off?  If you paid under $200 bucks for the carb it's most likely a knock-off.  That doesn't mean it won't work good; it just means that you will probably have to figure out what you have by inspection, trial & error, etc.  Knowing exactly what needle jet and slide cutaway will be important.

I suggest you simply install a #140 main jet and a #35 pilot jet and give it a whirl.  See how it runs and go from there.

I can see from the Jets-R-Us website that the EGK & DGK needles are available.

If you are interested in trying to get your stock carb working, I will make you an offer.  You package up your stock carb along with all the various jets, needles and parts you currently have.  Mail it to me.  I will go through the carb and inspect everything.  Then, I will fix it and do a complete report along with photographs that show all the problems and how they were corrected.  Then I will put the carb on my bike and run it to verify that it is working correctly.  I will do a video.  Only thing I won't do is run it WOT under load because your stock carb can't provide sufficient fuel.  I won't risk my engine.  Then I will mail the carb back to you.  You pay the postage sending it to me, I pay the postage returning back to you.  You pay for any replacement parts but I won't replace anything without your prior approval.  It will be a learning project for us all.  Of course, the endeavor requires a certain degree of trust.  Do you trust me?  If you are interested send me a PM.

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
Moarpower

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 06/07/23 at 16:07:01

Oh yes its certainly a knockoff carb! It was very cheap but I knew it was a fake and just bought it for fun and to learn another type carb.

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B09TKT8Z67?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

IP Logged
Moarpower

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 06/07/23 at 16:10:53

I recieved an email from Sudco saying they haven't offered the EEN needle for several years but they do still offer the EEM which is one step richer.
Ill wait to receive the carb and see what kind of cheap needle jet its using.

From there ill order the new needle and jet from Sudco USA and have them ship to Australia. Postage is more than the parts but there  isn't much other option

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/05/24 at 17:43:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Keihin Needle

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.