Spring Fever (Read 2780 times)
zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

The Netherlands   Den Haag
Re: Spring Fever
Reply #420 - 06/28/24 at 01:11:33

As you get older you drink less, which is not good.
The savage is stiff and makes stones come loose, which is a good thing. (you need stone free kidneys).
If you drink 2 liters of water per day, you will lose more fluid, so you will become slimmer and therefore less air resistance. This makes you drive faster over bumps, and therefore loses kidney stones faster.
No soft drinks with phosphorus. and easy on the salt. It sounds crazy but you are crying with your kidneys. So watch bamby twice a week and you excrete the salt and minerals that would otherwise form kidney stones.

If you are human and have a slight curve. Then it is better to wear suspenders than a belt.

Last but not least, practice loud farts in public places. Don't save them for your old age.
Turn your fart into thunder.

Biden sets the tone.

« Last Edit: 06/28/24 at 04:58:34 by zevenenergie »  

Do what you know is right. (you can always use fear as a counselor later)
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #421 - 06/28/24 at 06:40:38

Ruttly posted :
   Today I got the email my 250 wheels are on the way home from Buchanan’s , be here Friday afternoon.  

I really like the K-70 tire's and would like to have them on all my bikes but they are so limited in sizes   !  Sad  
So , Dunlop 404's is what I'm thinking for replacements next time .

I'm glad your getting to move on with the project !  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #422 - 06/28/24 at 07:54:00

I drink enough and only water,juice,milk and very little alcohol. No soda , maybe 10 to 12 soda a year, just recently cut out caffeine too. Back to orange juice too. Enough sugar & salt in everything so I cut out sugar & salt too.
K70 has always been a great tire , but the 404 is a tough tire that can that loves the abuse , stops great. Kind of a truck tire compared to performance tires with softer sidewalls , but it’s got really good grip. Think you would be
content on 404’s. I’ve never liked the looks of the tire , but it performs well at a decent price. I like Dunlops. Im gonna go bake a set in that 100+ heat. They will slip right on my new wheels for the 250. Tracker has a set of Continentals waiting , soon.

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 03:22:04 by Ruttly »  

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #423 - Yesterday at 04:07:02

So my new rims made it home yesterday but all I had time for was open the box and sneak a peak. We had some family over yesterday. I got up early to finish chores early and then family, by the time they left . I had dinner went to bed early. Up early today , I’ll get those tires mounted up today. Hats off to Buchanan’s , the wheels are incredible ! I wanted the wheels to stand out while looking stock , well kind of. Hubs had casting ridges polished down before powder coat. I thought I screwed up with my color choice , thinking it  would look cheap or trendy , wasn’t cheap and looks crazy cool , kinda unique. Inside hubs almost look stock but shiny , but roll it out in the sun and the “alien silver” hubs light up in the sun. Used same color for trim on the tracker. New wheels highly polished aluminum rims , spokes & nipples with those hubs , they really pop in the sun but almost look stock when inside. Both brake backing plates are p/c in a 80% black (satin look).  I can see a finished bike in my sick warped mind. I’m confident  it will turn some heads and generate grins !   Cool

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #424 - Yesterday at 04:44:49

I really didn’t need/want this build but as usual it has taken on a life of its own. And it has gotten deep under my skin and into my soul , just as deep into my wallet ! But now I see it as the perfect build at the perfect time ,now I realize I absolutely needed this build ! Keeping me sane and moving in a positive direction. Having huge fun with this build. Can’t wait for that first ride and all the grins that go with it.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #425 - Today at 10:12:23

New shoes on the new wheels. Dunlop 404s cause its a half pint I went with a smaller set of 18” with a 110/90-18 for the rear and a 100/90-18 out front. Rear was fairly easy to mount , the front tire with smaller size was a formidable opponent. My arms got a good workout , still feeling it today. Less weight and less drag with the smaller tires. New wheels not dramatically lighter with the aluminum rim but still a noticeable difference. But a lot of extra time & care was used due to new highly polished rims. New shocks arrived from Spain too , black body with chrome springs & keepers ,  Betor makes really nice shocks have some on my trials bike too. Gettin closer to a rolling chassis beside powder coating I think the only part I need is a new rear sprocket , get it ordered on Tuesday.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #426 - Today at 10:47:56

Part of original plan was to lower the suspension , it was a Victor model converted to the SS model. Both models use a rear 18”” but front went from 20” to a 18”. I lowered front fork about 3/4” and new shocks a bit shorter  too. Was shooting for getting crank centerline below the axle centerline for a low COG. It all should give it a unique stance. With improved suspension & improved brakes on some durable 404s & tastefully lowered  she will be big fun on the twisties !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/30/24 at 11:41:22

General CategoryThe Cafe › Spring Fever

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.