Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Parts availability (Read 37 times)
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Parts availability
03/08/23 at 04:40:16

My s40 is 18 years old and I plan on keeping it as long as I can find the parts to keep it on the road.  I know they offered the s40 until the late teens; however, at some point parts will be hard to find.  Is this correct?  OEM parts will be made for about 10 years after the last year the model was manufactured.  Then parts will start drying up and ebay will be a good or only resource down the road.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Re: Parts availability
Reply #1 - 03/08/23 at 12:19:01

Are these timelines for oem parts correct?

Best regards,

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 03/08/23 at 16:23:26

I would guess that you are about right.....with the current regulations parts are supposed to be provided for 10 years.

However - when the pandemic hit it was nearly impossible to get some Savage parts I had ordered.

The Suzuki Savage is not a motorcycle with a lot of aftermarket parts available - however gaskets, carb jets, seals, and a few other parts can be obtained from other sources than Suzuki.  And eBay can be a good source of used parts....or even new parts from folks other than dealers.

At 18 years old I would suspect some of the plastic and rubber parts are starting to show their age.  The diaphragms in the carb are likely stiff, the air cleaner hose between the carb and air box is likely getting a bit rigid.....and a few seals may be a bit tired.....and the rather expensive fuel enrichment device is plastic and stops working when the plastic breaks.

It wouldn't hurt to stock up on a few small items like gaskets, seals, the carb diaphragms, etc.  The carb diaphragms are available aftermarket on eBay and far cheaper than getting them from Suzuki.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #3 - 03/08/23 at 17:30:44

I spent a lot of time this past year fixing & refurbishing multiple parts.  It is running better than I can remember.  Yes you are correct, I should stock up at some point.  

Best regards,

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/27/24 at 11:05:49

General CategoryThe Cafe › Parts availability

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.