Send Topic Print
2023 (Read 879 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
01/13/23 at 19:29:24

I just found out I can rent one of the Tepees  at : https://codyponderosa.com/rates/

for $50.00 a night.

What's that web site that has nice rides listed ?  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: 2023
Reply #1 - 01/13/23 at 20:28:31

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #2 - 01/13/23 at 21:33:06

Was reading this "Ride Report" :

Went to Cody, WY in July 2010 for the 70th annual Motor Maids convention. While out there was told that we HAD to ride Beartooth Pass - that it totally rivaled Deals Gap in TN. Based on what my peers were telling me I was terrified to ride it, but excited at the same time. Lots of area without guard rails - just stay focused and you'll do fine! The scenery was breathtaking - many many switchbacks and hair pin curves. Came in through Red Lodge, Montana and went out through Cooke City. Must stop at the Top of the World gift store and take in the scenery. The temp at the bottom was mid 60's but at the top it was 29 degrees and probably about 6" of snow left on the ground. The roads were very clear. Great ride - a MUST!

The 29 deg. part in July makes me rethink the whole idea ?  

Maybe  Late August it might be a bit warmer ?  

Maybe something a little further South ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 01/15/23 at 11:28:37

I am not likely going to be able to participate in a Cody, Wyoming ride this year.  It is just a bit too far to go to ride for a few days.  My phone GPS says it is 1,600 miles and 20 hours of driving.  That translates to more like 30 hours of driving once you factor in fuel, rest and eating stops......therefore it is 3 pretty longs days of driving to get there without any distractions along the way, and about $500 in gas towing with the car ($1,000 in gas if we take the RV).

Deb and I are likely going to take a trip out west in a year or two - but it will likely be a 3 - 4 week trip where we can drive at a leisurely pace and stop and see many sights along the way.

I am always willing to meet at Moe's or the Two Wheels of Suches for a few days of riding......I plan on wearing out a set of tires (or two) this year!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
TheSneeze
Serious Thumper

Northern Nevada
Reply #4 - 01/15/23 at 15:26:08

If you head west and end up near Lake Tahoe, I have an acre of land.  30 minutes from the lake. Just throwing out options...

Every twenty minute job is a stripped thread away from being a three day ordeal.

'87 LS650h Savage Street Tracker
'86 LS650g Savage (parts bike)
'81 Kawasaki KZ750e ELR tribute
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 01/15/23 at 17:38:57

TheSneeze wrote on 01/15/23 at 15:26:08:
If you head west and end up near Lake Tahoe, I have an acre of land.  30 minutes from the lake. Just throwing out options...

I've watched movies that started like that..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #6 - 01/15/23 at 19:29:32

Yeah that nice place on Slaughterhouse Rd

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #7 - 01/15/23 at 21:35:44

August (the warmest month)

If I can get someone else wanting to go spend 10-12 days on a low budget trip then I'd love to visit that area for a week.

And "TheSneeze" , you saying you've got a acre to camp on for a few days makes it even sweeter !   Please PM the address ?   If I can't find a local guy to ride out there with then I'm not sure its a good idea.  

I'm checking the KOA option too , but still there is safety in numbers.

The year is more likely to be a few Dragon Runs , and Suches Ga. trip.   The Guzzi group will do a couple Suches GA trip too.    

Hay
Has anybody had the idea to ride the Blue Ridge NORTH up into the Yankee country ?   I've read the speed limit drops to tourist speed but its OK to enjoy the scenery sometimes.  Me , Lancer and Oldfeller did a "Different Campground" every night  trip a few years back and it worked just fine  !  

???

LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #8 - 01/16/23 at 03:35:25

“ Me , Lancer and Oldfeller did a "Different Campground" every night  trip a few years back and it worked just fine  ! “

When did I do that ?
I do not remember this one.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #9 - 01/16/23 at 07:53:02

MMRanch wrote on 01/15/23 at 21:35:44:
August (the warmest month)

If I can get someone else wanting to go spend 10-12 days on a low budget trip then I'd love to visit that area for a week.

And "TheSneeze" , you saying you've got a acre to camp on for a few days makes it even sweeter !   Please PM the address ?   If I can't find a local guy to ride out there with then I'm not sure its a good idea.  

I'm checking the KOA option too , but still there is safety in numbers.

The year is more likely to be a few Dragon Runs , and Suches Ga. trip.   The Guzzi group will do a couple Suches GA trip too.    

Hay
Has anybody had the idea to ride the Blue Ridge NORTH up into the Yankee country ?   I've read the speed limit drops to tourist speed but its OK to enjoy the scenery sometimes.  Me , Lancer and Oldfeller did a "Different Campground" every night  trip a few years back and it worked just fine  !  

???

If you come out this way for a week, I'll be there.

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #10 - 01/16/23 at 20:04:09

Lancer ,

Do ya remember we got caught in the rain going to a restaurant and I was the only one with a windshield to duck behind , then just as we got to the dinner and off the bikes the bottom fell out of the clouds for an hour and a half ?  
On that same trip we stayed at Boone NC and the three of us shared a two person cabin and did some laundry while we were there .    
I think ??? we stayed a Cruso the first night and came back to it later the same trip , you left your truck there while we were gone ... but I'm not sure where it was really ?  
That same trip we found a parade of dump-trucks up on the Park-way .

Me and OldFeller did a similar thing thing once ... but he made all the reservations and I just followed him , he was really good at planning fun stuff and doing all the set-up stuff.   Sometimes I feel guilty for letting him do so much for us , You hear that OldFeller ... I owe ya dinner if we ever get to the same place again !  Wink

Versey ,  Smiley

I was hoping you'd be interested in a ride like this !   It just wouldn't be the same with out ya !   Wink

LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #11 - 01/17/23 at 03:16:39

MM, I do remember the restaurant and the crazy rain, and the stay in Boone for the night, but the rest have faded from my memory.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #12 - 01/17/23 at 21:58:38

but the rest have faded from my memory.

That's OK Lancer , I have to keep making new memories because I can't remember the old ones !   Grin

It seems to be time to have a meeting near Versey's neighborhood .  Smiley  
but
That's a long way to go by myself !   Safety being in numbers ... as in case of an unforeseen event having help riding along side being good.    I am ridding on "Tubeless Tires" now !   Roll Eyes

I can bring my 8'x10'x 72" tent for "once we get to the camp site".  
I have several to pick from but that's the big one that fits on the bike.    There is a lot of planning and mapping time between now and August.

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #13 - 01/18/23 at 08:12:52

I have a half dozen tents but only one with a 6 foot roof .   I might be bring the truck ?

TheSneeze
Serious Thumper

Northern Nevada
Reply #14 - 01/21/23 at 17:07:04

I have room for large trailers...   Cool

Every twenty minute job is a stripped thread away from being a three day ordeal.

'87 LS650h Savage Street Tracker
'86 LS650g Savage (parts bike)
'81 Kawasaki KZ750e ELR tribute
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/20/24 at 09:27:36

General CategoryThe Cafe › 2023

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!