Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rear brake switch; Air intake (Read 27 times)
Needles
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

AR
Rear brake switch; Air intake
08/09/22 at 13:46:21

When I loosened the right side footpeg assembly to move it so I could get the right side cover off, some tiny piece shot off into never-never land. When I went to put it back together, I realized it must have been whatever held the end of the brake cable switch to the little pivoting bracket with a hole in it for the cable. I have no idea what the little thing that was originally on there even looks like. Anyway, I had an old brake lever assembly from  a bicycle, so I used a Dremel with a cutting wheel and cut the end off the cable end keeper hook-up in the bicycle brake lever. That gave me a roughly square shaped  washer with a slot from the edge to the center. I put the brake switch cable end back through the little hole in the "L" bracket, then slid the piece from the bicycle under the end of the cable and turned it so the slot points away from the footpeg. If you think the little slot is too wide to stay, you can squeeze the slot together--- bicycle brakes are made of aluminum.  It ought to hold it.

Another thing I discovered, though it's not a big deal, is the outlet pipe from the OEM airbox.  I found that a (diesel) 2.5" to 2.25" radiator hose adapter will work, if you can find one that's 4 inches long. The ones with the bulge in the middle easily move enough for the slight offset between the airbox and the carb. You can still find the airbox pipe, but I'm not sure how long that will be available. It might be a fix for anyone looking to use the OEM airbox. It doesn't have to be a heavy duty diesel, but that's the one I found. My OEM part is still good.

« Last Edit: 08/09/22 at 15:09:54 by Needles »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/18/24 at 09:18:14

General CategoryTechnical Documents/Reference › Rear brake switch; Air intake

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.