Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Evolution of a HotRod - Part 9 - Displacement (Read 249 times)
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Re: Evolution of a HotRod - Part 9 - Displacement
Reply #45 - 09/30/21 at 20:10:05

This completes the displacement portion of the project.  The 97mm Wiseco pop-top adds a big boost overall, and the 97mm Wiseco flat-top seems to be the pinnacle of performance.  Both are improvements worthy of your consideration.

Installing these big-bore high-compression pistons is a little more expensive.  You have to foot the bill for a bore job.  The increased compression associated with the increased displacement provides a measurable improvement in performance and fuel economy.  If you go one step further and tighten up the quench (flat-top), you will bring your operating temperature down significantly, get even better fuel economy, and have the ultimate Savage HotRod.  The flat-top is a little harder to set up but it’s well worth the effort.

I’m outa stuff to try.  The next report will summarize the results and conclude the project.  We started with a motorcycle that took 22.4 seconds to crawl from 55 mph to 85 mph.  Now it will dash to 85 in 5.9 seconds, and it uses less fuel.  It’s quiet and has good manners.  I think that’s impressive.

I hope some of you find this project informative and can use the data I collect to help make decisions on your own project.  If you have suggestions or comments, post a reply so we can discuss.

Best regards, Mike          

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
Armen
Serious Thumper

Half-Witted
Wrench-Jockey from
Jersey

Re: Evolution of a HotRod - Part 9 - Displacement
Reply #46 - 09/30/21 at 20:37:25

That was awesome!
Thanks so much.
Can't wait to get mine back on the lift and start to finish it!

In theory, theory and reality are the same. In reality, they aren't...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 03:32:35

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Evolution of a HotRod - Part 9 - Displacement

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.