Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Lt. Michael L. Byrd
Reply #30 - 07/17/21 at 08:36:07

To define them as unarmed is to deny 3.000 years of history.
Rome concurred the world with the spear.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 07/17/21 at 10:58:11

Well I to a degree understand Webstermark's point that this is being overblown in "the news" which is why criminal court cases do not use CNN or FOX as exclusive evidence, and why actual statutes are used for guidelines and not what a for-profit private business thinks.

So my point is acknowledging that the term "insurrection" is being overused does not require we do things like underplay what is obvious crime.  Yes this goes for ANTIFA too, so lets not pretend I have ever said ANTIFA gets a pass.  We don't need another Billy broke a window too! defense.

Saying it's not an "insurrection" so the guy with the hockey stick could not be an "armed insurrectionist" is one thing, (Armed + Insurrection) but to say "firearms are required" for anyone there to be considered "armed" is an obvious attempt to downplay the actual facts.  Just like saying everyone just took selfies, expecting us to be so ignorant that we ignore the video taped assaults as if we are impressionable children that can't assess video footage accurately.

People there were armed.  I have yet to see an argument that would allow for the guy with a hockey stick to be considered "unarmed" because he very specifically didn't have a firearm.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #32 - 07/17/21 at 11:03:44

Serowbot wrote on 07/17/21 at 08:36:07:
To define them as unarmed is to deny 3.000 years of history.
Rome concurred the world with the spear.

conquer --- voice to text failure  Grin

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 07/18/21 at 04:20:32

So the next time a cop shoots and kills someone coming after them in a car, or with a bat or a knife, and the news reports police kill an unarmed suspect, I can count on all of you to object huh?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #34 - 07/18/21 at 04:29:25

Eegore wrote on 07/17/21 at 10:58:11:
 Well I to a degree understand Webstermark's point that this is being overblown in "the news" which is why criminal court cases do not use CNN or FOX as exclusive evidence, and why actual statutes are used for guidelines and not what a for-profit private business thinks.

So my point is acknowledging that the term "insurrection" is being overused does not require we do things like underplay what is obvious crime.  Yes this goes for ANTIFA too, so lets not pretend I have ever said ANTIFA gets a pass.  We don't need another Billy broke a window too! defense.

Saying it's not an "insurrection" so the guy with the hockey stick could not be an "armed insurrectionist" is one thing, (Armed + Insurrection) but to say "firearms are required" for anyone there to be considered "armed" is an obvious attempt to downplay the actual facts.  Just like saying everyone just took selfies, expecting us to be so ignorant that we ignore the video taped assaults as if we are impressionable children that can't assess video footage accurately.

People there were armed.  I have yet to see an argument that would allow for the guy with a hockey stick to be considered "unarmed" because he very specifically didn't have a firearm.  

Here’s the reality, you like to point out that you’re not influenced or your agenda is not dictated by news media or entertainment culture but the reality is…it absolutely is.  Saying you don’t rely on Fox News or CNN the base decisions on is ridiculous because they drive the conversation. Like it or not.

Again, change the parties 180° and what happened at the capital would be recorded in history as something entirely different. That’s the truth and it’s the undeniable truth.

You cannot fight City Hall and you cannot go against the main stream media and entertainment culture. You can, but it requires somebody like Donald Trump.

And it’s worse now because the current administration is using tech Giants to censor speech they don’t agree with. And many Democrats are going along with it.

I remember when I first read the diary of Anne Frank, how could anybody turn that family into the Nazis. Now I understand. We have tens of millions of people shaking their head in agreement and saying yes those people can’t put their opinion out into the public space. “Disinformation“ is a definition that’s in the hands of a few.

We got to find a way to turn this nonsense around or we really will go over a cliff that we can’t recover from.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 07/18/21 at 07:31:33

"So the next time a cop shoots and kills someone coming after them in a car, or with a bat or a knife, and the news reports police kill an unarmed suspect, I can count on all of you to object huh?"

Yeah, just like I did last time.  The difference is I don't bring up other incorrect situations to justify how correct I am.  Should we bring up more "Billy didn't get in trouble!" arguments?  There are thousands and thousands of these and not one answers the question of why guns are required on Jan 6th for people to be "armed".

Again, why on this day, at this location is the hockey stick guy considered "unarmed" because he did not have a gun?

If one is going to hold to this argument why even bring up unfairness in other situations?  This is an obvious attempt to downplay the video taped violence.

"Again, change the parties 180° and what happened at the capital would be recorded in history as something entirely different. That’s the truth and it’s the undeniable truth."

I know, I said that previously.  That however does not change law or definitions of words.  Can you reference where I am defining the actions of individuals by using CNN or FOX instead of actual US law?  

I remember when I first read the diary of Anne Frank, how could anybody turn that family into the Nazis. Now I understand. We have tens of millions of people shaking their head in agreement and saying yes those people can’t put their opinion out into the public space. “Disinformation“ is a definition that’s in the hands of a few.

We got to find a way to turn this nonsense around or we really will go over a cliff that we can’t recover from.

And saying people with objects besides their body, using them, on video, to assault other people are "unarmed" is a good way to turn this nonsense around?  How exactly is that?  Saying people "only" took selfies when they didn't does what exactly?

« Last Edit: 07/18/21 at 13:10:53 by Eegore »  
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #36 - 07/19/21 at 03:47:16

Your opinions and actions are academic, they don’t matter big picture. The armed insurrection narrative was publicized repeatedly so there is no national debate among 95% of those in position to influence the national discussion.

We have no real national debate and few honest answers on almost every major topic today because our media and the Democratic Party are essentially one and the same. Given other violent protest lately can you honestly refer to Jan 6 as an armed insurrection and hold some participants without bail, did the 2020 election procedures result in fraud, did we count Covid deaths accurately, are you protected from Covid equally via vaccination or recovery, did social media giants collude and change the 2020 Presidential election, did Biden sell access to his v.p. office, is climate change really the number one issue, do gun laws really change murder rates, whoever said black lives don’t matter except young black men who kill other blacks regularly, is the constant black/white narrative on every topic helpful to the country, why are blacks committing most of the crimes against Asians and why are we pretending that’s not true, why are we letting illegal immigration across the southern border but threatening Cuba refugees?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #37 - 07/19/21 at 06:45:33

"Your opinions and actions are academic, they don’t matter big picture. The armed insurrection narrative was publicized repeatedly so there is no national debate among 95% of those in position to influence the national discussion."

How many of those people, on either side of the story, agree that a man hitting someone with a hockey stick, on video, is unarmed exclusively on this day at this location?

How any narratives will say he "only" took selfies, no matter their political affiliation?

My point is when anyone sits here and tries to claim people "only" took selfies and that firearms are required for anyone there to be armed has no business talking about the inaccurate reporting of any news source anywhere.  They are obviously downplaying the situation in an attempt to combat the over-playing done by others.

This is why the only response to "Why is the guy using a weapon considered unarmed?" is "But Billy had two hockey sticks!".  Answer this question, on this topic.  Anyone can dig up another crime and another bad decision.  Why does the law need to be applied differently on this one day at this one location?  Both by incarcerating people who don't need to be, and by requiring firearms for anyone to be considered armed?

"We have no real national debate and few honest answers on almost every major topic today because our media and the Democratic Party are essentially one and the same."

I think this works both ways.  I have decades of data, that won't be looked at, that shows all political organizations propagate inaccurate information.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #38 - 07/19/21 at 08:10:40

The Democratically controlled media uses the phrase “armed insurrection” because they know the impression it leaves is guns were used. They are knowingly doing that to exaggerate  the violence of the event. They are not giving a second’s thought to a technical definition as you say you’re using. So when you object to using the phrase an unarmed insurrection because a stick can be a weapon, you are inadvertently playing along with them and exaggerating, even if that’s not your intention.

And our fair and balanced moderator can make jokes about Roman spears not qualifying as being armed, but tomorrow, if a white cop shoots a black man coming at him with a baseball bat, that cop will have shot an unarmed man. And our fair and balanced moderator will pretend to be all upset at the injustice of another white cop shooting an unarmed black man. The cop in Columbus shot and killed an unarmed woman. She had a knife about to stab another woman, but she was unarmed.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #39 - 07/19/21 at 08:13:18

And no, there is no balanced field when comparing the left to the right for violent protest so don’t even pretend you’ve got data that shows both sides are to blame because the scales tip dramatically in one direction.

That’s like saying the Israelis and Palestinians commit equal atrocities. That’s just simply not true.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #40 - 07/19/21 at 08:46:13

"The Democratically controlled media uses the phrase “armed insurrection” because they know the impression it leaves is guns were used."

I agree.

So the way to combat this is to say guns must be present only on Jan 6th at the Capitol for the term "armed" to be used?  That's the ideal choice here?  That somehow makes the person's argument who is saying this the one I should agree with?

Why is that?

"So when you object to using the phrase an unarmed insurrection because a stick can be a weapon, you are inadvertently playing along with them and exaggerating, even if that’s not your intention."

And saying firearms are required on Jan 6th to be armed is what exactly?  More truthful and accurate?  How is saying people with objects, like hockey sticks, or stolen police shields, and Bear Spray are armed an "exaggeration"?  If your wife was sprayed with Bear Spray would you want an armed assault charge on the guy?  Would you accept "Well CNN is over doing their reporting so for your wife's assault we will consider the guy unarmed."?

If I have the choice of using proven academic definitions of words and applying them to the empirical evidence of Jan 6th, or choosing to alter the word's meanings to fit a narrative, which one should I choose?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #41 - 07/19/21 at 08:53:34

WebsterMark wrote on 07/19/21 at 03:47:16:
Your opinions and actions are academic, they don’t matter big picture. The armed insurrection narrative was publicized repeatedly so there is no national debate among 95% of those in position to influence the national discussion.

We have no real national debate and few honest answers on almost every major topic today because our media and the Democratic Party are essentially one and the same. Given other violent protest lately can you honestly refer to Jan 6 as an armed insurrection and hold some participants without bail, did the 2020 election procedures result in fraud, did we count Covid deaths accurately, are you protected from Covid equally via vaccination or recovery, did social media giants collude and change the 2020 Presidential election, did Biden sell access to his v.p. office, is climate change really the number one issue, do gun laws really change murder rates, whoever said black lives don’t matter except young black men who kill other blacks regularly, is the constant black/white narrative on every topic helpful to the country, why are blacks committing most of the crimes against Asians and why are we pretending that’s not true, why are we letting illegal immigration across the southern border but threatening Cuba refugees?

Your opinions don't matter either.
The opinions that do matter are those of the FBI, the courts, the WHO, the CDC, the US military leaders,...
Giving equivalence to Facebook conspiracy nuts opinions is not okay.
There aren't two sides here.
There's what is, and what ain't.
When you refer to the "Left Wing Media" you leave out the vast majority of countries, leaders, and scientists in the world.
The scale is not remotely balanced.
We should not give equal weight.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #42 - 07/19/21 at 08:57:30

I was referring to the manipulation of information.  I agree that BLM/ANTIFA etc. have public destructive impact on a larger scale.

We have no real national debate and few honest answers on almost every major topic today because our media and the Democratic Party are essentially one and the same.

By using this section of words that I quoted I would assume you are referring to "national debate" in regards to "honest answers on almost every major topic today" when assessing "media and the Democratic Party".

The Republican party also propagandizes and influences national debate to skew information where one would reasonably expect honest answers when utilizing media.  

The metrics of social media are astounding.  Anyone that thinks, (after actually looking at the information) that Republicans are less manipulative with the dispersal of information is simply unable to do basic math.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #43 - 07/19/21 at 10:02:13

The opinions that do matter are those of the FBI, the courts, the WHO, the CDC, the US military leaders,...
Giving equivalence to Facebook conspiracy nuts opinions is not okay.
There aren't two sides here.

Your faith in government agencies  is 100% dependent on your political party being in charge.

So when some said there were no WMDs but all the official agencies said otherwise, you were good with that? No WMD because the military leaders, domestic and international said so. Were the objectors back then, perhaps you, conspiracy nuts? Go back a few more years and when it was said “don’t listen to those people, we would never do syphilis experiments on African-Americans.”

You talk like  someone who’s on the same side as Pravda. Believe what you’re told. Period. End of discussion. You don’t see questions because right now you’ve got the hammer.

You think Kavanaugh raped multiple girls while he was a 17 year old don’t you? Seriously, what credibility do you have?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #44 - 07/19/21 at 10:05:41

The metrics of social media are astounding.  Anyone that thinks, (after actually looking at the information) that Republicans are less manipulative with the dispersal of information is simply unable to do basic math.

Bull$hit. That’s like when people say more people have died in the name of religion than anything else. OK fine, World War I and World War II (neither of which had anything to do with religion ) killed 70 million people. Start there, beat that number before I bring in other wars.

So when you talk about manipulation, start with the three major networks for the last 20 years plus CNN plus MS NBC plus the entire entertainment culture, television shows and movies. That’s your starting point. Do some basic math and show me where republican manipulation over that time period is equal.

Good luck.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 12:02:34

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Lt. Michael L. Byrd

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.