Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Buzzing sound at high rpm (Read 58 times)
EspenA1982
YaBB Newbies

Suzuki Savage 650
1987 Ryca hardtail
bobber

Norway
Buzzing sound at high rpm
07/01/21 at 15:20:13

hey guys, after cleaning the carburetor and putting it together and on the bike i get a high buzzing sound at high rpm when driving and also standing still! But only when i throttle up. So i hope that some of you now something about this problem? Im putting in a YouTube link (not my bike but the same sound) Thanks in advance  Smiley
https://youtu.be/O3va5xjUT4c

IP Logged
SavageMan99

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Buzzing sound at high rpm
Reply #1 - 07/01/21 at 18:24:53

I'm honestly not hearing it. Might suggest securing cables and wires and trying again.
My hearing is not the best. Desert storm and a job with abornally loud alarms.
Also perhaps, try checking your timing chain and valve lash?
Hope I've helped perhaps a little.

IP Logged
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Reply #2 - 07/01/21 at 20:01:28

The speedometer mounts are notorious for buzzing & chirping.  Try placing your hand on the speedo while the bike is making the noise.  If it's the mounts, you can generally make the noise go away by pushing down on the speedo.  The speedo is held down by these two springs.  Some guys pack the spring assembly with silicone seal to eliminate the buzzing noise.

Speedo_Mount_2.jpg

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
SCS40

Riding again after a
19 year hiatus

Easley, SC
Reply #3 - 07/01/21 at 21:19:16

DragBikeMike wrote on 07/01/21 at 20:01:28:
The speedometer mounts are notorious for buzzing & chirping.  Try placing your hand on the speedo while the bike is making the noise.  If it's the mounts, you can generally make the noise go away by pushing down on the speedo.  The speedo is held down by these two springs.  Some guys pack the spring assembly with silicone seal to eliminate the buzzing noise.

I heard the OP's metallic noise, but your suggestion may well explain the chirping noise I have. Thanks!

2006 S40 Euclase Silver: K&N drop-in, Duracell AGM, Raptor petcock, and ONLY pure gas (E0) https://www.pure-gas.org/ Otherwise Bone Stock and love it!

My Spotify Artist Page: https://open.spotify.c
WWW   IP Logged
EspenA1982
YaBB Newbies

Suzuki Savage 650
1987 Ryca hardtail
bobber

Norway
Reply #4 - 07/01/21 at 21:33:22

Thanks for the answers guys, the camchain and tensioner was just changed 3 weeks ago at the workshop. And i tried yesterday to hold my hand on the speedo and the sound didint go away  Embarrassed but the strange thing is that this happened last time i had my carburetor out, and i dont remember when or how the sound dissapeared  Cheesy i just hoped that it was related to the carb. Well ill keep searching for loose stuff on my bike, and hopefully it goes away this time also  Roll Eyes thanks again guys.

IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #5 - 07/04/21 at 07:48:22

It sounds to me like it's not coming from the area where the camera is.  Sounds like a buzzing heat shield or muffler baffle, but definitely check the speedo as suggested.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 01:24:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Buzzing sound at high rpm

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.