EspenA1982
YaBB Newbies

Suzuki Savage 650
1987 Ryca hardtail
bobber

Norway
Loose bolt for camchain
07/03/21 at 13:49:08

hello again guys, its becoming a habit  Grin but this is the best place to get answers. I was giving a little throttle today when the bike was standing in the garage and i think i was lucky to notice this, when i was giving some gas i noticed that the bolt on the top right side of the engine was moving  Embarrassed (see picture) But the worst thing is that i had my bike at a certified Suzuki mc dealership/workshop 2-3 weeks ago and they changed camshaft and tensioner! And i have been driving it alot since then, it only took about two turns to tighten it so it wasnt far out. So do you think this could have caused some kind of damage? Thanks  Wink

2DE48EE7-7554-4EAE-B873-75502B85EDDD.jpeg
  IP Logged
Fast 650

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Valrico, FL
Re: Loose bolt for camchain
Reply #1 - 07/03/21 at 15:58:45

You should be fine. That bolt holds the chain tensioner guide. Nothing could have moved unless that bolt had fallen completely out.

Chain_Tensioner.jpg
  IP Logged
Hiko

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Tauranga New Zealand
Reply #2 - 07/04/21 at 01:07:23

You should be OK  I had a new front tyre fitted at a local dealer and got home to find the front axle clamp setscrew loose ! Trust noone

Hiko   IP Logged
EspenA1982
YaBB Newbies

Suzuki Savage 650
1987 Ryca hardtail
bobber

Norway
Reply #3 - 07/04/21 at 02:18:34

Thank you Fast 650 & Hiko for the replies, thats good! I can relax about that  Roll Eyes but when we pick up out bikes at the shop we should feel safe that everything is good  Sad but like you said…trust no one Undecided i wont take it back again! I have the manual so i should be able to do repairs on my own  Wink

IP Logged
SCS40

Riding again after a
19 year hiatus

Easley, SC
Reply #4 - 07/04/21 at 15:28:10

Hiko wrote on 07/04/21 at 01:07:23:
You should be OK  I had a new front tyre fitted at a local dealer and got home to find the front axle clamp setscrew loose ! Trust noone

Ditto with me but the rear axle nut.

2006 S40 Euclase Silver: K&N drop-in, Duracell AGM, Raptor petcock, and ONLY pure gas (E0) https://www.pure-gas.org/ Otherwise Bone Stock and love it!

My Spotify Artist Page: https://open.spotify.c
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/02/24 at 03:10:38

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Loose bolt for camchain

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.