Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
li'l crack in the oil filter cover (Read 33 times)
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
li'l crack in the oil filter cover
03/29/21 at 15:20:03

I was doing an oil change this weekend (23K) and found this small crack around the lower bolt hole of the oil filter cover.  It seems fine as I don't see the crack on the inside and these motors are low pressure anyway.  So I guess this is more of a fascinoma than a question.  Bike hasn't been dropped and I'm always very careful when putting the filter, spring etc. back in b/c of the stories I read of some folks breaking the oil filter cover.
Anyone else reusing both rubber O-rings for a reeeeeally long time?  Mine have held up great!  They sure last a heckuva lot longer than our brake pads  Undecided.

Oil_filter_cover_crack_collage.jpg

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Re: li'l crack in the oil filter cover
Reply #1 - 03/29/21 at 16:22:06

When I enlarge your picture the indication looks more like a cut than a crack.  I can see the bottom of the defect.  I don't think its a crack.  It looks like something sharp scraped/gouged the cover.

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #2 - 03/29/21 at 19:02:58

I believe you are correct, DBM.  I zoomed up the originals.  Amazing how good the cameras on our phones are now.  And sad how bad my eyes are getting!

zoom.jpg

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 03/29/21 at 20:27:38

I'm not Saying it's aliens
But

It's ALIENS!!!!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 14:17:48

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › li'l crack in the oil filter cover

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.