Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Brilliant Republican idea... (Read 122 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Brilliant Republican idea...
03/29/21 at 09:34:51

Make it illegal to give water to voters waiting in line for hours to vote.

Brilliant  Huh

Georgia's new controversial voting law bans volunteers from delivering free water and snacks to voters in line
https://www.businessinsider.com/ga-voting-law-bans-volunteers-from-delivering...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Brilliant Republican idea...
Reply #1 - 03/29/21 at 11:37:29

They can give water to voters.  They can not deliver it.

"The section of the law says that volunteers and election officials, however, can set up water stations that voters can independently go to."

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 03/29/21 at 15:21:16

Let's put it just out of reach so when you step out of line you have to start over  

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 03/29/21 at 15:37:31

"Let's put it just out of reach so when you step out of line you have to start over "

Yeah that's what the law is going to say.

Bottom line is multiple groups went out and gave away pizza and water to people in line while wearing their party shirts and some of the water bottles had flyers on them.

They are skirting the legal framework of influencing voters and this is an attempt to mitigate that.  But if we don't like Republicans we can make up scenarios that don't exist to make the law sound worse than it is.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 03/31/21 at 17:16:59

Have you managed to dig through the bullshit yet?
Who can and who can't provide for those waiting?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 03/31/21 at 20:05:23

Water and such can be provided, but people, especially ones not affiliated with the official voting location can not just go around passing out things to people in line.

IP Logged
Matchless G11

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newfoundland NJ
Reply #6 - 04/01/21 at 03:56:48

"I will give you water if you vote for me!"

That is what I understand this law is trying to mitigate.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 04/01/21 at 05:26:24

"I will give you water if you vote for me!"

I don't think that will work as intended since a refusal to give water to someone unless they say they will vote for a specific cause is just as likely to get people to vote against them.  

Want some water?

Yes please.

Vote yes on B22 and I will give you one.

I'm not telling you what I am voting for.

No water for you then.

However the act of giving away items has been proven to be coercive so much so that it's become illegal to dispense "merch" in many fields.  Federal guidelines are in place for all Government employees regarding how and what value limits one can accept a gift etc.

So part of this law is to mitigate the giving of items by the general public or political groups to people in line waiting to vote.  It is not a law prohibiting people from getting water while waiting to vote as was claimed.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 04/01/21 at 05:46:12

So, the takeaway is

Law passed
And it's presented to the people as some kind of bizzaro  world reality where elderly black women must suffer if they want to vote
And lefties hop up and down
Howling about the inhumanity of Republicans and
Ohh,  FERFUKSAKE
Everything is forgotten
You learn nothing
And no
Voter id is not suppression.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 04/01/21 at 07:45:10

This is normal.

People are given a section of the law, or just told what it says and since they can't bother to read for themselves they go around spreading false information as fact.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 04/01/21 at 08:09:16

Normal is not okay.
Just because it's normal, that spreading lies and calling yourself a reporter is normal, doesn't make it acceptable. It's gotten commonplace. It's harmful to society. It's divisive. The need to demonize Republicans by any means is tiresome. While Cuomo shoves CV positive people into nursing homes and makes millions selling a book on leadership, FFS. Republicans are bad,
I'm still laughing at the Delta CEO. It's wrong to require an ID to vote.

He forgot about the fact that it takes an ID to get on airplanes.

Just because some behaviors have become so prevalent that they can be called normal, that doesn't make it acceptable. When bad behavior goes without punishment it continues. The liars need to be made to feel some pain. I punish them by ignoring them.
They don't get a view from my TV, or Kindle.

Didn't it feel like bullshit? You Actually Believed Republicans forced a bill through like That? Now that you know
One

You believed a lie.
And you believed it because
You Know Republicans hate the voters and are heartless A55holes,
That supports your opinion.

Now you know you were duped.
Doesn't that say something about your source of information?
Doesn't it say something about YOU?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 04/01/21 at 08:43:08

"Just because some behaviors have become so prevalent that they can be called normal, that doesn't make it acceptable. When bad behavior goes without punishment it continues. The liars need to be made to feel some pain. I punish them by ignoring them.
They don't get a view from my TV, or Kindle.
"

So would you be willing to stop utilizing The Washington Standard since they lied about the content in this thread?:

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1614825175

Or continue to refuse to look at the actual numbers presented in the information they provided,  - Not a Government study - their own information, and see how the information is being altered?  

What about this where a law about military tribunals is cited, by you, regarding a section that doesn't even exist?  You believed a lie.  You defended it over a day later.  Would it be fair to say you believed it because it supports your opinion?

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1590608261

Doesn't that say something about your source of information?  Doesn't it say something about YOU?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #12 - 04/01/21 at 09:33:11

Voter suppression is de rigueur for the Right.
Taken individually, they nearly all have some justification, but often feeble ones.
Taken as a whole,... the object is clear.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 04/01/21 at 18:22:35

Serowbot wrote on 04/01/21 at 09:33:11:
Voter suppression is de rigueur for the Right.
Taken individually, they nearly all have some justification, but often feeble ones.
Taken as a whole,... the object is clear.

So much bullshit

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 04/02/21 at 11:08:31

"Voter suppression is de rigueur for the Right.
Taken as a whole,... the object is clear."

I'm not sure I can agree with this.  Not because it can't happen, just that it is known to be a poor electoral strategy given modern tech and methods.

With the massive metadata we have now it was proven with the trump campaign that selective and focused ad campaigns can influence voters based off their online, phone and other social activities.  Before this massive data knowledge and ad methodology it would have made sense to suppress potential opposition votes.

But today it seems much easier and more importantly - reliable to gain votes by targeted ads and economic policy.  Similar to the analogy used in this thread about denying water to people that won't say they will vote for your candidate.  That's a good way to piss people off.  Much easier to hand out water, be the good guy, and try to influence decisions that way.
Most people won't ever read actual law anyway and just believe whatever they are told by a source they emotionally like.

« Last Edit: 04/02/21 at 13:19:35 by Eegore »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 10:10:57

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Brilliant Republican idea...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.