Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Need electrical help (upgrading turn signals) (Read 65 times)
Keifer

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Canada
Need electrical help (upgrading turn signals)
03/21/21 at 12:24:21

Hi, I'm not very good with electrical diagrams, so looking for some advice here... I bought the push to cancel turn signal switch from a 1997, to replace the non-cancelling switch on my 1993.  Thought it would be plug and play since I avoided the pass feature... it's not ha.

My bike is a Canadian 93, but the bike side harness connector matches the 1995 diagram.  Some kinda frankenstein, bike side is 95 but I have no cancel feature.  Anyway...

The colours don't match each side of the connector.

Bottom line, 93 bike has 8 wires in the connector, new 97 switch only has 6.  (not counting the two yellow/green for the clutch which are obvious).

Anyone done this before?  Will it work if I attempt to match the colours as much as possible?   Seems the bike side will have an extra wire or two...

(I've attached the two diagrams for reference).  Thanks!

Inked1995WiringDiagpg1_LI.jpg

93 Savage - 21K miles
  IP Logged
Keifer

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Canada
Re: Need electrical help (upgrading turn signals)
Reply #1 - 03/21/21 at 12:24:46

attached

1996-03WiringDiagpg1.jpg

93 Savage - 21K miles
  IP Logged
Keifer

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Canada
Reply #2 - 03/21/21 at 13:24:06

Okay, it looks like on the newer bike, the orange running lights and headlight get power from the horn circuit.  So I shouldn’t need the grey or yellow w/white on the bike side.  What do you think?  Everything else should work?

I wonder if this is why the horn sucks on the newer bikes, because the horn power is supplying the headlight/running lights as well.

93 Savage - 21K miles
  IP Logged
Keifer

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Canada
Reply #3 - 03/22/21 at 12:47:51

Well if anyone cares and reads this in the future, it works with a few differences.  You will need to re-use the plug from your old switch harness if you don't want to cut the bike harness (preferred).  Do what you want with the clutch swith (yellow/green); short the bike side or connect to new switch.

Bike Side>>Switch

Orange>>Black/brown (horn)
Gray>>Not required
Yellow/white>>Not required
Brown>>unused orginally

The rest of the colours match.  Only downside is the horn is quieter after the mod.

« Last Edit: 03/22/21 at 15:03:36 by Keifer »  

93 Savage - 21K miles
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/07/24 at 10:49:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Need electrical help (upgrading turn signals)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.