Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Electrocution, Firing Squad, Lethal Injection? (Read 368 times)
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Arizona Zyklon B, plan.
Reply #60 - 06/02/21 at 17:25:45

Once again Nazis and the GOP are back in the news. This time it's Arizona's newly refurbished gas chamber.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/02/us/arizona-zyklon-b-gas-chamber.html

This article shows that the reasoning against using inert gas is basically bullsh!te. As you can see from the article Arizona is going to considerably more effort to get their gas chamber functional, than they'd need to do with inert gas.

If it's possible to fill a chamber with poison gas and then evacuate the chamber safely all the while someone is strapped into a chair, then it's obviously less difficult to do with inert gas.

Nowhere in the article is inert gas mentioned as a viable alternative. Which goes to reinforce my hypothesis, that the real reason that inert gas is not used is that the GOP are spiteful vindictive and cruel at heart, and that bottom line is that inert gas is not a bad way to exit. So it's not the death per se that is sought, but rather it's the terror that they want to inflict. Which makes proponents of death by bizarre means no better than those they accuse.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Electrocution, Firing Squad, Lethal Injection?
Reply #61 - 06/02/21 at 21:15:18

"Nowhere in the article is inert gas mentioned as a viable alternative. Which goes to reinforce my hypothesis, that the real reason that inert gas is not used is that the GOP are spiteful vindictive and cruel at heart, and that bottom line is that inert gas is not a bad way to exit."

I'd say this is a presumption that is based on fragile evidence.  Does the lack of information in this article mean that alternatives weren't examined, or that they chose to not put it in the article?

We don't know if inert gas was discussed, we don't know if it was researched, the cost, or if there are any other reasons why it isn't being looked into further.

I give it a 50/50 since the US Government system is not exactly known for it's extreme level of efficiency.  Maybe they don't give a sh!t about child killers, or maybe they are just too lazy to look at alternate gas, maybe they got a really good deal on that Cyanide.  Who knows.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #62 - 06/02/21 at 21:45:06

My daughter is a vet tech and was employed by city of hope one summer to take care of their lab animals. The standard procedure to terminate their lab rats was to asphyxiate them with co2.  They do not go quietly.

WWW   IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #63 - 06/03/21 at 08:15:10

My daughter is a vet tech and was employed by city of hope one summer to take care of their lab animals. The standard procedure to terminate their lab rats was to asphyxiate them with co2.  They do not go quietly.

I had this discussion back when this thread started with some various veterinarians and they indicate the same thing.  The "peaceful sleep" happens but not all the time, I can't remember the estimated percentages but it was around %30 sleep while the rest tend to thrash around.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #64 - 06/03/21 at 13:56:20

CO2 in a underground Ferris wheel type configuration is one method for large scale pork production.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/27/24 at 11:15:28

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Electrocution, Firing Squad, Lethal Injection?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.