Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
How real of an issue is vibration? (Read 190 times)
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Re: How real of an issue is vibration?
Reply #15 - 08/26/20 at 17:54:17

I've run a stock S40 for 50000 plus miles, as I've only owned two other bikes in the last 45 odd years, I don't have the experience of others, I did buy an Airhawk seat pad early on, and maybe this helps. My longest day ride was about 400 miles and although I was tired at the end of it, I've never been that concerned with vibration, my bike is a keeper although I could afford bigger faster better, and if it finaly falls to bits I would buy another. As posted earlier consider a reinforcing plate fror you license plate, not much else has come loose on mine.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #16 - 08/27/20 at 00:16:17

jcstokes wrote on 08/26/20 at 17:54:17:
I've run a stock S40 for 50000 plus miles, as I've only owned two other bikes in the last 45 odd years, I don't have the experience of others, I did buy an Airhawk seat pad early on, and maybe this helps. My longest day ride was about 400 miles and although I was tired at the end of it, I've never been that concerned with vibration, my bike is a keeper although I could afford bigger faster better, and if it finaly falls to bits I would buy another. As posted earlier consider a reinforcing plate fror you license plate, not much else has come loose on mine.

I've seen a few guys on here who sold their Savage to "upgrade" ... and they regret it. Maybe we can learn from the experience of others.

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
Edub

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Arizona
Reply #17 - 08/31/20 at 16:15:29

IslandRoad wrote on 08/27/20 at 00:16:17:
jcstokes wrote on 08/26/20 at 17:54:17:

I've seen a few guys on here who sold their Savage to "upgrade" ... and they regret it. Maybe we can learn from the experience of others.

Thanks for adding your insight, IslandRoad, much appreciated!  This is exactly the kind of information I'm interested in seeing myself. I'm not a beginner like the OP, but your observations are exactly what I'd be looking for if I was in his shoes.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 08/31/20 at 18:23:52

As for vibration,, I have arthritis in both hands. I hadda ditch the gas weed eater for an electric. Th gloves I wear are just leather, not real heavy, no padding in them,, and by watching how I grip the bars, my hands dont go numb or hurt. But it took practice to develop my grip to accomplish that, early on it wasnt all that pleasant,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/26/24 at 08:14:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › How real of an issue is vibration?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.