Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Bike knocked over in parking lot! (Read 203 times)
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Bike knocked over in parking lot!
06/01/20 at 14:19:15

At the bank in a busy shopping center. Parked Thumpy on the side of the lot where construction was being done because nobody was parking there due to dirt everywhere and the crew had quit for the day.
I come out and Thumpy is still standing where I left him but there's fresh oil on the ground on the left side. Then I see the mirror on that side is all out of wack. And the rear turn signal on that side is dangling by the wire. On closer examination there's new gouges on the footpeg on that side too.
Some retarded fukhead knocked my bike over and then picked it back up again hoping I wouldn't notice before fleeing the scene.
Seriously?

I called the manager of the store I was in front of but they don't got cameras aimed beyond the sidewalk.

How stupid can you get? How do you manage to hit a motorcycle parked by itself against the side of the parking lot with nothing around it for 200 ft?

I'm besides myself right now....

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Bike knocked over in parking lot!
Reply #1 - 06/01/20 at 14:34:22

I parked my Cafe' Savage on the street in a parallel parking spot in front of the NAPA store and went it for just a couple minutes.

When I came out I saw a mini-van backing up toward my bike so they could get out of the parallel parking and miss the car in front - they could not see my bike as it was lower than their back window.  Thankfully they stopped inches from my bike and did not knock it over.

I now realize that my short little bike is nearly invisible to SUV, Pickup and Mini-van owners......and I parked very carefully.  I often park in the yellow striped areas at the end of the parking rows or at light poles.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #2 - 06/01/20 at 15:10:00

That's exactly why I always park in the least crowded part of a parking lot. Away from everyone else. Apparently that's not enough anymore.
Yet nobody makes motorcycle parking spaces anywhere. Plenty of bicycle designated parking though.

I'm lucky the damage is only just a turn signal stalk. Though the signal itself is scratched pretty badly. But it still works. I tucked it under the rear fender using the wiring in there to hold it in place. It still hit the tire a bit and has some rubber on it.

Still I'm just so pissed off. What's also infuriating is the onlookers. Some people saw what happened. The fat kid working at the pool supply store knew. Standing there smoking a cigarette and I could see it all over his face. Same with the dude sitting in his SUV at the end of the lot. Kept watching to see what I was going to do.
I understand not wanting to get involved. Especially in this area. But still it's not like they're ratting out a good guy here. It's obviously a scumbag and they should have told me.

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
Hiko

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Tauranga New Zealand
Reply #3 - 06/02/20 at 01:18:34

We are a bit better looked after in this town in New Zealand it seems
There are designated motorcycle parks that dont have meters on them
There are also spots in the triangle left at the end of diagonal parking spots
that make good parks . I try to avoid parallel parking spaces for the very reason talked about above   They just dont see you and it only takes a nudge to make your day a bad one.

Hiko   IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 06/02/20 at 03:57:53

That sucks, but how did they drop it on the left ? The side stand retracted ? as in they pushed it forwards maybe.

I had a SUV back into my bike a few yrs ago. I was in the autoparts store and that lady had left and hit it. Her insurance paid me $1300 and a week later I sold it for $1300 and I had just paid $400 for it that same weekend - it was 4th of july weekend back in 2006. Sometimes if you catch the fools you can get a pay out. Atleast glad you weren't on it and damage is light.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 06/02/20 at 09:14:36

srinath wrote on 06/02/20 at 03:57:53:
At least glad you weren't on it and damage is light.

Cool.
Srinath.

+1...
Sorry that happened, Mike...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #6 - 06/02/20 at 09:23:39

I forgot to mention the clutch lever which is U shaped now.
It must have taken the brunt of the impact during the fall.

I just feel like I can't own a vehicle anymore. My car got demolished by a stupid driver while parked in front of my house last spring.

My other bike has been systematically destroyed by the dealership.

It makes me sick.

IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #7 - 06/02/20 at 12:43:35

Hiko, where are these "Designated Motorcycle Parks" never saw many around Whangaparoa, Franklin or Auckland City and suburbs?

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
DieselBob

Thumper - One Who
Thumps

Goshen, IN
Reply #8 - 06/02/20 at 17:22:01

-
In spite of the concrete, this one suffered little more than a bent sidestand and a little attention required for the rear wheel. Tough little brutes they are.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #9 - 06/02/20 at 22:17:54

wow, you live in a rough neighborhood.   Shocked

WWW   IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #10 - 06/03/20 at 04:21:50

Here's my poor car last April - the silver Chevy on the sidewalk. This happened 2 days after a speeding car lost control and hit 3 houses a few doors up the street causing one to burn down.
This crap happens almost daily around here. Actually with the bars closed for lockdown it's reduced a little lately.

IMG_0765.jpg

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #11 - 06/03/20 at 06:41:40

Wow !  Huh

When I was 8 years old we lived in a place like you do , 5 house from the corner.  One night a drunk made a left turn -- to fast -- and took out our front brick porch , and front of our house then landed 1/2 way into our basement - (three story brick home) !

So "Somebody backed into your bike (left side) bent the clutch lever , and knocked it over onto the right side breaking the turn signal ... then ran !  

They might not have had insurance either ?   Some folks just need to "not have cars"  !     They should have a ding mark on the back of their car from the clutch lever and they might live in your hood and they should be back to the same store same time next week ?   maybe parked in the same spot (as habits go) ?   Leave your gun at home so you don't shoot-em !   Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #12 - 06/05/20 at 14:19:40

Got my clutch lever bent back close enough for government work and the EBay order for turn signal stems arrived today. Thumpy will be tearing up the streets again this weekend weather permitting.

That guy who hit those houses got ejected from his car up onto the stone front porch of the 3rd house. Died in the hospital.
The house has been gutted and rebuilt. The other two houses have new stoops and awnings. You'd never know what happened to look at the scene now. I was on my front porch when that happened
It sounded like a dumpster fell from the sky. Security cam from the Ice Cream shop on the corner shows the car going off the road. If you blink you miss it. He was going that fast!

IP Logged
Matchless G11

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newfoundland NJ
Reply #13 - 06/06/20 at 03:15:53

philthymike wrote on 06/05/20 at 14:19:40:
Got my clutch lever bent back close enough for government work and the EBay order for turn signal stems arrived today. Thumpy will be tearing up the streets again this weekend weather permitting.

That guy who hit those houses got ejected from his car up onto the stone front porch of the 3rd house. Died in the hospital.
The house has been gutted and rebuilt. The other two houses have new stoops and awnings. You'd never know what happened to look at the scene now. I was on my front porch when that happened
It sounded like a dumpster fell from the sky. Security cam from the Ice Cream shop on the corner shows the car going off the road. If you blink you miss it. He was going that fast!

Like they said in the show Beverly Hillbillies.
"Move on out of there"

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #14 - 06/07/20 at 09:03:30

This was a fun time....

He who wields the hacksaw wins!

20200607_111020_HDR11.jpg

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 06:34:20

General CategoryThe Cafe › Bike knocked over in parking lot!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.