Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
China raises death toll 50% (Read 127 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

China raises death toll 50%
04/17/20 at 04:46:48

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/17/world/coronavirus-news.html

China on Friday revised upward the death toll in Wuhan, the city where the coronavirus first emerged and where it was the center of the epidemic for weeks before it spread to the rest of the world.

The new numbers, an increase of 50 percent in the tally, added to the skepticism about the accuracy of China’s coronavirus count, but Beijing maintains that there has been no cover-up.

OK repeat that say 30-50 times and we might just about be close enough.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Matchless G11

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newfoundland NJ
Re: China raises death toll 50%
Reply #1 - 04/20/20 at 17:02:45

Nothing to see here...

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #2 - 04/20/20 at 17:33:32

I believe what transpired here is in the west we put the provisional data at the front of our calculations and in china it is put at the end of their calcs…

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 04/20/20 at 19:53:15

pg wrote on 04/20/20 at 17:33:32:
I believe what transpired here is in the west we put the provisional data at the front of our calculations and in china it is put at the end of their calcs…
Best regards,

No, they're lying, they still are - Wuhan death toll is now 3850+ a total lie.
They're 21 million fewer cell phone users now than 3 months ago - something that is very very hard to cancel in china, and the average 3 months of last year was a 46 million expansion. There are people delivering urns to funeral homes and funeral homes cremating people 24/7 continuous operation. In Wuhan alone there are 8 massive funeral homes cremating people day and night.
There is a lot of loose anecdotal evidence. You literally have to be a detective to wade your way through this - and still only guess at the number.
People are migrant workers, they move back home due to economic shutdown, the cell phones get cancelled - totally legit reason not involving death, but is that number 60-70 million ? Does that cover all cancellations or does death of a few million also hide in the numbers ? Probably does - but how much ? we would never know.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #4 - 04/20/20 at 19:56:52

srinath wrote on 04/20/20 at 19:53:15:
No, they're lying, they still are - Wuhan death toll is now 3850+ a total lie.

I know it, I was inferring our numbers have as much merit as theirs.....

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 04/21/20 at 00:53:34

You
Implied
The reader
Infers

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 04/21/20 at 05:21:16

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/21/20 at 00:53:34:
You
Implied
The reader
Infers

And sometimes we try super hard, and infer the wrong thing. Like in this case - and I'm definitely not saying it is correct - but something that just hit me -
Taiwan has one of the lowest rates of infection or death. That includes a per capita, per population density or in absolute terms. In effect a place with the population density of NYC has the infection rate of North Dakota.

This is an affront to China. There's no way China can let this happen on its front door. That's why they're claiming super low numbers.

China would rather take the blame and the ire of the world by announcing so few casualties rather than lose this to Taiwan. Taiwan OTOH has been completely ignored by the WHO which is acting like China's sock puppet, so as such there is no "Taiwan"

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 04/21/20 at 08:19:40

"I believe what transpired here is in the west we put the provisional data at the front of our calculations and in china it is put at the end of their calcs…"

I agree.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 04/21/20 at 08:27:01

Or their numbers are
Actual death, divided by ten, spun for political expediency..
I got no reason to trust anything I HEAR they said,, or what I SAW them say.

The
Lets collect and report data we KNOW isnt true, and sort it later
idea is bullshit

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #9 - 04/21/20 at 08:40:38

Just start adding zeros to that number till it becomes real as per the population and density of Wuhan.
38,500 is more like it.
We all know China is not one to tell the truth , ever !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Matchless G11

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Newfoundland NJ
Reply #10 - 04/21/20 at 08:48:52

srinath wrote on 04/21/20 at 05:21:16:
You
Implied
The reader
Infers

And sometimes we try super hard, and infer the wrong thing. Like in this case - and I'm definitely not saying it is correct - but something that just hit me -
Taiwan has one of the lowest rates of infection or death. That includes a per capita, per population density or in absolute terms. In effect a place with the population density of NYC has the infection rate of North Dakota.

This is an affront to China. There's no way China can let this happen on its front door. That's why they're claiming super low numbers.

China would rather take the blame and the ire of the world by announcing so few casualties rather than lose this to Taiwan. Taiwan OTOH has been completely ignored by the WHO which is acting like China's sock puppet, so as such there is no "Taiwan"

Cool.
Srinath.

A friend of mine who left Taiwan to get away from the coming infection, Is now hold up in nowhere Kentucky, He said people are still going out dinning in Taiwan. opps !

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #11 - 04/21/20 at 09:31:10

Matchless G11 wrote on 04/21/20 at 08:48:52:
srinath wrote on 04/21/20 at 05:21:16:
You
Implied
The reader
Infers

Cool.
Srinath.

A friend of mine who left Taiwan to get away from the coming infection, Is now hold up in nowhere Kentucky, He said people are still going out dinning in Taiwan. opps !

Whaaaa - wait - I saw footage of empty streets etc - maybe it was actually china - No idea. But Taiwan isn't lying about numbers, they are super super low.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 04/21/20 at 09:57:10

The
Lets collect and report data we KNOW isnt true, and sort it later
idea is bullshit

This is fundamentally incorrect because they are not collecting and also "reporting it".  

Someone else is.

But lets ignore that part.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 04/21/20 at 12:53:50

Youre fulla crap

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #14 - 04/21/20 at 12:58:11

Eegore wrote on 04/21/20 at 09:57:10:
 This is fundamentally incorrect because they are not collecting and also "reporting it". ..."

What would you call a entity, collecting data,
they know is false.

Formulating a opinion,
from the False data that they collected,
then giving that opinion to the POTUS ?

“… The global frenzy over 2019-nCoV could lull us into ignoring a creeping common disease falling off the public radar…"
“… But in terms of real numbers, the common flu is posing a greater health threat to the rest of the world than the new coronavirus itself, say CDC experts…”
“… Influenza has quietly killed 10,000 people in the US so far this flu season. Data: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html Image Credit: CDC …”
“… The US CDC, in a January 31, 2020 bulletin, has warned the public not to drop their guard about influenza …”

https://gulfnews.com/world/flu-vs-coronavirus-which-one-is-more-dangerous-fac...

Saying, 'Reporting', something different today, than yesterday,
could be a very good reason for, knowingly using false data,
(someone is using both hands to C.Y.A.)

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 20:29:25

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › China raises death toll 50%

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.