Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Hard tail struts, safe? (Read 140 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Hard tail struts, safe?
Reply #15 - 04/03/20 at 04:18:03

Makes sense the upper left side would be the failure point.  It sticks out farther from the frame than the other 3 fastening points.

I am not sure what rear tire pressure you should run.....maybe not as much as stock.  The only suspension you have is the seat and the rear tire.

When my bike was stock I hit a pothole and bottomed out the suspension, and I got that jingly electric shock feeling in my spine and neck.....the shock that happens when your spine is compressed.  If that can happen with 1.5" of shock travel - how bad would it have been with no shocks?
Shocked

I realize this is a look that helps create the Bobber - but those of us who ride and put lots of miles on the bike tend to install longer shocks with a bit more travel......it is a comfort thing!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Hard tail struts, safe?
Reply #16 - 04/03/20 at 05:49:20

Tie pressure is dictated by the tire. Maybe you could look for a lower pressure tire, but if a tire recommends say 34-42 psi - you really cant drop under 34 without losing some aspect of the tire.

I bobbed mine, and still had shocks. But ofcourse that's just 1 bobbed look - there is several others. I got rid of passenger seat, the sissy bars, ground out the spot welds and trimmed the fender to finish 4" behind the rider seat and mounted taillight and plate to sort of be a fender.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 22:18:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Hard tail struts, safe?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.