Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Right blinker won't stop blinking blinking blinkin (Read 35 times)
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Right blinker won't stop blinking blinking blinkin
03/28/20 at 17:33:20

I suspect the answer is "smack the relay" under the tank, but just to make sure;

Bike hasn't been ridden since October. Rode a short ride and blinkers were normal for a bit, but when I pulled in the driveway I noted that the right blinker (front and rear) was on. I opened and cleaned the handlebar switch, no change. I can turn on the left blinker and it will blink along with the right, but when I kill the blinker with the handlebar kill button the right blinker keeps blinking blinking blinking blinking blinking blinking.

I don't want to mess with pulling the tank, but I guess I need to pull it off to easily get to the blinker relay, smack it around a bit, dielectric grease things as needed, and see if that solves the problem.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Re: Right blinker won't stop blinking blinking bli
Reply #1 - 03/28/20 at 18:02:52

Are your blinkers halogen or led?

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #2 - 03/28/20 at 18:07:47

All stock halogen. I'm going to smack the relay tomorrow.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 03/29/20 at 04:30:37

The power passes through the relay.......moving the handlebar switch completes the circuit and runs the power to the left or right side.

If the relay hangs up - it just won't blink and the flasher lights will just stay ON or OFF.  The flasher relay has no authority to send the power to the left or right on it's own, and only the left handlebar switch can determine which side gets the power.....when the circuit is complete and there is current passing through the flasher, it comes to life and begins the on/off operation.

It sound to me like you have shorted wires somewhere.  Disconnect the wire loom on the left side of the frame under the tank - the one that goes up to the handlebar switch.  If the turn signals go out, then you know the short is somewhere in that wiring look or the handlebar switch.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
FIXED: ht blinker won't stop blinking blinking bli
Reply #4 - 03/29/20 at 11:47:25

Turns out it was something in the emergency flasher switch hanging up. Toggled it on and off and problem solved.

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #5 - 03/29/20 at 12:24:39

Well, ya learn somethin' new every day! Smiley

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 03/29/20 at 19:16:48

IslandRoad wrote on 03/29/20 at 12:24:39:
Well, ya learn somethin' new every day! Smiley

Yeah,cuz if ya learn something old
we call that
remembering

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 20:21:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Right blinker won't stop blinking blinking blinkin

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.