Uni Pod Filter pics (Read 210 times)
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Re: Uni Pod Filter pics
Reply #15 - 03/11/20 at 11:52:46

d3adrock, I mean just remove the triangular shaped plastic cover.  Its held in place by one screw.  Once the plastic cover is removed, replace the painted metal cover.  It will provide some weather protection.  With the stock air box, removing the plastic cover and the snorkel will provide a big increase in air flow along with a big increase in noise.  Removing the plastic cover instead of drilling the big hole in the plastic cover will allow restoration to the stock configuration if you are not happy with the results.

Brendan312, the part number for the cylindrical filter is K&N RD-0710.

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
d3adrock

Reply #16 - 03/11/20 at 12:38:55

Quick question. That sounds like exactly the direction I was planning on going with. With the cover removed, wouldent air be sucked in from beneath the filter and thus not be filtered? Or does the side panel not seal the sides of the filter and thus not mater? Thanks, i really appreciate the help

IP Logged
Noble_Savage
YaBB Newbies

I know a thing or
two about a thing or
two.

Fresno, CA
Reply #17 - 03/13/20 at 08:09:04

The side cover doesn't seal the filter to the box, just keeps large debris from clogging the filter, reducing noise, and restricting airflow. Pulled mine off a couple years ago without any issues.

2016 S40 15k miles; Emgo reverse cone muffler, removed airbox door, rejet, Raptor petcock.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/16/24 at 23:26:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Uni Pod Filter pics

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.