Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How high for bars with stock cables? (Read 34 times)
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
How high for bars with stock cables?
12/27/19 at 01:34:47

Hey guys, has anyone had experience with how high you can go with handle bars (using the old-style clamps - not the tall risers) while sticking with the stock cables? I've had some Z Bars, with a six inch rise, on the bike and that seemed to me to be about as high as I could go.

Has anyone managed to go higher while still using the stock cables?

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: How high for bars with stock cables?
Reply #1 - 12/27/19 at 02:30:22

IslandRoad wrote on 12/27/19 at 01:34:47:
Hey guys, has anyone had experience with how high you can go with handle bars (using the old-style clamps - not the tall risers) while sticking with the stock cables? I've had some Z Bars, with a six inch rise, on the bike and that seemed to me to be about as high as I could go.

Has anyone managed to go higher while still using the stock cables?

You're lifting up the stock buckhorn bars ? Yikes.
I've run 9" risers on the old savage but I also used a slightly narrower drag bar, I like the 6" height and wider drag bars better - I wouldn't dream of anything with the stock buckhorns, those are painful no matter what you do to them.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #2 - 12/27/19 at 03:00:08

No, not the buckhorn bars! - just the clamps.

I should have been clearer. My bike came stock with the modern curved tall risers and narrow drag bars. I hate those risers!! I got a pair of clamps that held the old buckhorns and I've been experimenting with bars and risers.

So my question is, what is the overall rise you can achieve with those cables when using the old clamps. By 'rise' I mean the height from the lowest point on the internal diameter of the clamp to the underside of the bar where the grips slide on.

For example, has anyone managed to fit 8" mini ape hangers without extending the clutch and brake cable etc?

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 12/27/19 at 03:08:18

IslandRoad wrote on 12/27/19 at 03:00:08:
No, not the buckhorn bars! - just the clamps.

I should have been clearer. My bike came stock with the modern curved tall risers and narrow drag bars. I hate those risers!! I got a pair of clamps that held the old buckhorns and I've been experimenting with bars and risers.

So my question is, what is the overall rise you can achieve with those cables when using the old clamps. By 'rise' I mean the height from the lowest point on the internal diameter of the clamp to the underside of the bar where the grips slide on.

For example, has anyone managed to fit 8" mini ape hangers without extending the clutch and brake cable etc?

Oh I get it. Now I'll buy those curved drag bar risers off you when you're done. Sadly though all 7 of mine have been buckhorn so no idea, but the risers with drag bars have pretty short cables compared to the buckhorn style bar.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 20:14:34

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › How high for bars with stock cables?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.