Send Topic Print
Virginia turned blue... (Read 85 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Virginia turned blue...
Reply #15 - 11/07/19 at 10:17:04

during the John McCain Barack Obama campaign, healthcare was the primary topic. McCain's plan basically began the process of driving healthcare away from employers and into the hands of individuals. Obamas plan forced people to buy a product whether they wanted it or not.  
where would we be today if, even though Obama won the election, he had adopted McCain's ideology and begin that process of forcing healthcare into the same competitive marketplace property and casualty insurance occupies.  I agree it's ridiculous that people make occupational decisions based upon health insurance. That's nuts. We've all probably done that. I know I have.

but you start talking to suburban moms about putting their kids on Medicare, and forget it, you've lost.  I don't care how bad they hate Donald Trump, they ain't going to do that.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 11/08/19 at 05:02:31

"To put the political consequences of the Trump presidency into perspective, since Trump was elected, Rs have lost 329 seats in state legislatures. At the same point in the Obama presidency, Ds lost 768 seats. MSM is exaggerating election 2019. A little perspective is needed."

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 11/08/19 at 05:11:49

Saw this today that illustrates my point about the final matchup of Trump vs Warren or Sanders. The polls leading up to the final race mean nothing. They're too abstract. When ot becomes clear, things change.

Trump job approval in Midwestern swing states (per Cook/KFF)

WI: 42%
MI: 41%
MN: 41%
PA: 39%

His favorability % in those same states on Election Night 2016? PA (42%), WI (35%); MN (35%); MI (39%).

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 00:14:56

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Virginia turned blue...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.