Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
No leaks from the White House. (Read 285 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: No leaks from the White House.
Reply #15 - 11/06/19 at 06:58:54

I wouldn't be in favor of that route. There was nothing done wrong. Trump better not give in to typical Washington think-tank how to deal with political enemies. Number 1, Democrats aren't reasonable, but number 2, he wasn't elected to do that. There was nothing wrong in anything Trump did. Don't deviate from that Mr. President. Tell the Dems to kiss you a$$.

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #16 - 11/06/19 at 07:43:23

Mark's parodying his own greatest hits- you don't see what you see, you don't hear what you hear.  You don't know what you know.   Crimes are not crimes.

Witness after witness has confirmed what was clearly a crime from the outset.  Mark is either profoundly ignorant or fundamentally dishonest.  
There's really no "or"- the dude doesn't care for the truth, only sides.

"Please.....waste a few minutes looking for one of those 'obvious lies.....'"

As predicted, you supply lies with a frequency that doesn't require excavation.

2007 LS650 s40, presently being rebuilt
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 11/06/19 at 07:47:28

My observance of WebsterMark is he has been the only one to acknowledge when Trump has stated very obviously false claims, and also is willing to explain why he is more forgiving of Trump's actions than he would others.

At a minimum he is at least being honest and in my opinion not so pro-Trump that he denies or ignores information presented that is not painting trump in a positive light.  When I have asked questions and provided empirical evidence it is typically met with silence.

Bottom line is we will forgive our drunk friend who broke our window before we will forgive that jerk down the street we don't know.

The problem I see is many Trump supporters will say their drunk friend didn't break the window at all even if he did, and somehow find a way to blame the outcome on Obama, Hillary or Gun Control.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 11/06/19 at 07:57:58

Careful Eegore, TT will get jealous and I'm not up for a lover's triangle fight.....!

I know exactly who Donald Trump is. I have no illusions about him. Trump is egotistical, monomaniac, prone to quick shifts on policy based on singular inputs and probably a very difficult person to work for. I've worked for two people exactly like this. While profitable for me, I left both.  As I've always said a million times;  between Trump and Obama, I'd rather have Obama for a neighbor.

But..... Trump as President is a million times more preferable than Hilary as President and maybe half a million times more preferable than Elizabeth Warren.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #19 - 11/06/19 at 08:35:52

Web,.. I get what you're saying, but then why defend him with denials?
Just admit that breaks emoluments, and he blackmailed Ukraine, and say you don't care.
Admit you are one of those that would allow him to kill someone in Times Square.

"Trump is egotistical, monomaniac, prone to quick shifts on policy based on singular inputs"

If I said this,.. you'd say I have TDS... Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 11/06/19 at 09:32:58

Serowbot wrote on 11/06/19 at 08:35:52:
Web,.. I get what you're saying, but then why defend him with denials?
Just admit that breaks emoluments, and he blackmailed Ukraine, and say you don't care.
Admit you are one of those that would allow him to kill someone in Times Square.

"Trump is egotistical, monomaniac, prone to quick shifts on policy based on singular inputs"

If I said this,.. you'd say I have TDS... Grin

I don't believe he has broken the emoluments clause. Sorry but that clause is there to prevent someone from getting rich off the office. Now, we've let Presidents make millions after they've left office and that's the way it is. But Trump wanted that meeting at Doral for reasons other than money.
And no, he did not blackmail Ukraine.

The difference is you say that about Trump right before or after you call him Hitler. You're not based in reality.

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #21 - 11/06/19 at 10:20:43

WebsterMark wrote on 11/06/19 at 09:32:58:
But Trump wanted that meeting at Doral for reasons other than money.

Yet another bald lie- repeating it, you make it yours.   In Mark's world, all that is required to dismiss naked criminal activity is an improbable story.   Folks who actually care about integrity of the Executive branch would never place themselves in a position of such overt conflict of interest.   There's nothing difficult to understand about this.   Mark understands the concept- he just doesn't care.  Moreover, he's made it a reflex to lie to all of us, pretending he doesn't understand what the problem is.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 11/06/19 at 10:51:40

Okay.... I get it now. Mavi the Drive By doesn't understand the definition of a lie. He's confused by the difference between formulating a personal  opinion based upon available information and a statement of pure fact.

Would you like me to explain it to you Mavi?

Let's use one of your statements for example.
In Mark's world, all that is required to dismiss naked criminal activity is an improbable story

Now then, I know that to be 100% untrue because I'm the topic of the statement. However, is Mavi lying when he says this even though I know it to be false? No, of course not. Why? Because it's a personal  opinion that Mavi has formed based upon his interpretation of available information.

So, a good definition of a lie is; purposely relaying (in some cases withholding) information that is known by that person to be untrue for selfish intentions. There are 3 facets to lying. You have to 1) either pass along false info or withhold it 2) you have to know the info is false (or could be true but you withhold it) and 3) you do this for selfish gain.

So, let's run with that.

If I hear something I assume to be true and retell it, am I lying? No. Foolish for not checking perhaps, but not lying.

If I just lost money in a vending machine and I see someone else about to do the same yet I say nothing, am I lying? I'd have to say, yes. That's a tough one, it opens all sorts of doors we'd rather leave closed.  

If someone asked me if I did something that would cast me in an unfavorable light and I answered untruthfully in order to avoid that, am I lying. Yes, absolutely. That's the classic example of lying.

So Mavi, let's see if you paid attention and get a gold star today.
Donald Trump is a far better President than Barrack Obama.
True? False? Opinion?

IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #23 - 11/06/19 at 11:23:08

You have to 1) either pass along false info or withhold it 2) you have to know the info is false (or could be true but you withhold it) and 3) you do this for selfish gain.

There is no "and" to be concerned with- your motive or any potential gain are irrelevant.    You know what is true, but proffer fictions.   Your defense is juvenile- 'you can't know I know I'm lying'.  'I wasn't lying when I said the world is square, and you can't prove I know it is round.'

This isn't a semantic distinction- your lies distinguish themselves.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 11/06/19 at 11:52:44

WebsterMark wrote on 11/06/19 at 07:57:58:
Careful Eegore, TT will get jealous and I'm not up for a lover's triangle fight.....!

Thank you once again for calling me out.  That's very "mature" of you.  But the fact is, I respect Eegore's opinion quite a bit.

I know exactly who Donald Trump is. I have no illusions about him. Trump is egotistical, monomaniac, prone to quick shifts on policy based on singular inputs and probably a very difficult person to work for. I've worked for two people exactly like this. While profitable for me, I left both.  As I've always said a million times;  between Trump and Obama, I'd rather have Obama for a neighbor.

But..... Trump as President is a million times more preferable than Hilary as President and maybe half a million times more preferable than Elizabeth Warren.

Sorry to break this to you (well, not really), but you and people like you forgiving trump for breaking the law doesn't mean a thing.

What he did was unlawful.  There is no grey area.  There was a quid pro quo with Ukraine.  The evidence is growing by the day.  The president may think that's OK, but it isn't.

Further, he is indeed breaking the emoluments clause consistently as he directs his guests and his administration to his properties.  This last attempt to get the G7 was yet another glaring example.

How anyone can't see this is beyond me.

So, the only thing for his apologists to do is say - "I forgive him no matter what".  Because when a democrat gets in office in 2021, the entire republican party will be muted in giving much of anything in the way of criticism.  They will have no leg to stand on.  trump has taken the office of president to the toilet and wiped his a$$ with the Constitution.

The republican party is complicit.  They will pay at the ballot box next year.  Virginia is only the beginning.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #25 - 11/06/19 at 12:05:29

Quid pro quo.... it's in the summary of the phone call.
Corroborated by testimony from his own WH Chief of Staff, his own EU Ambassador Sondland, the Ukraine Ambassador, several Ukraine officials, Pentagon official Laura Cooper, Tim Morrison a top Russia and Europe adviser,  Ukraine expert Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, and the original whistleblower.

... but Web still needs proof.
So for that matter does the entire Republican Party...

Waiting on God to write it in stone, I suppose?...  Grin

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 11/06/19 at 12:05:41

Mavigogun wrote on 11/06/19 at 11:23:08:
You have to 1) either pass along false info or withhold it 2) you have to know the info is false (or could be true but you withhold it) and 3) you do this for selfish gain.

There is no "and" to be concerned with- your motive or any potential gain are irrelevant.    You know what is true, but proffer fictions.   Your defense is juvenile- 'you can't know I know I'm lying'.  'I wasn't lying when I said the world is square, and you can't prove I know it is round.'

This isn't a semantic distinction- your lies distinguish themselves.

Motive is more than relevant for baring false witness, it's a requirement. Knowledge that you are perpetrating a falsehood is likewise a necessary element. Don't you understand this?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 11/06/19 at 12:11:18

What he did was unlawful.  There is no grey area.

Given the context of my discussion with Mavi the Drive By Shooter, that's not a lie despite it being untruthful. It's an opinion based upon TT's interpretation of how he perceives events told to him or what he's read. It's demonstratively false. Trump has not been adjudicated in a binding court of law so whatever TT is referring to cannot be proclaimed as fact.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #28 - 11/06/19 at 12:14:44

Come on Web,... you know spending $110,000,000 taxpayer dollars at Trump resorts while in office is breaking the Emoluments Clause...
So is Saudi's renting multiple Trump hotel rooms and never using them.
So was Pence traveling across the country daily to stay a that Scottish Trump golf course.
...and the 100's of military plane layovers.
So was having the G7 at Doral...
You know this.... to deny it is to lie...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 11/06/19 at 12:22:18

Serowbot wrote on 11/06/19 at 12:05:29:
Quid pro quo.... it's in the summary of the phone call.
Corroborated by testimony from his own WH Chief of Staff, his own EU Ambassador Sondland, the Ukraine Ambassador, several Ukraine officials, Pentagon official Laura Cooper, Tim Morrison a top Russia and Europe adviser,  Ukraine expert Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, and the original whistleblower.

... but Web still needs proof.
So for that matter does the entire Republican Party...

Waiting on God to write it in stone, I suppose?...  Grin

None of what you say is true. A smple reading of the transcript reveals no such "if you do this for me, Ill do that for you."  All the people you cite have motives for giving an interpretation that's one explanation just like other people have motives for giving the opposite interpretation you wish to see. But, the words of the transcript do not say it, they simply don't. And the person on the other end has said there was nothing of the sort.

The original "whistleblower" said nothing. He merely gave his opinion of words and sought out others with similar opinions. All the FACTS point to the call being nothing more than what an honest reading of the transcript revealed.

You are duplicating the model used 9/11 conspiracy theorists. You have a theory; Trumps a bad guy. You read a transcript with couple thousand words. You search for a hidden meaning.

A 9/11 conspiracy theorist has a theory. He watches videos and looks for anything to prove his theory while ignoring all logic.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 06:52:56

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › No leaks from the White House.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.