Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
I am trying to rent my rental house... (Read 179 times)
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
I am trying to rent my rental house...
09/23/19 at 12:27:48

No, I am not trying to get a tenant, I am actually trying to rent my own rental house and if I am lucky I will get approved and get to move in soon!

What had happened was....I had my house advertised on zillow a few months ago and it has since been rented. I had a girl call me last week asking about the 'craigslist' and and she said she thought it was a scam...and it was. These jokesters pulled my images and house description off of the archived zillow ad and posted it on craigslist with the only way to contact them being via the craigslist "email" option.  The smart girl that called me was smart enough to google the address and find my archived ad with my phone number hence her calling me.  She also emailed them through the craigslist just to see what happened and they started with all of the "we moved away" jibberish which she ignored from that point.

Anyhow, I emailed them Thursday that I was interested and since then I have been wasting a ton of their time.  I did everything they asked for (using completely fictitious names, jobs, the works) and after completing their application and background check they approved me!  Excellent.  Next started the story about how they were now living in NY (I am in AL) so to secure the property I just needed to send them a deposit. They suggested paypal.  Just to be aggravating and see how they handled it I told them I wanted to next-day them a cashiers check. Nope...paypal only. So, being the deviant that I am I used my carefully crafted computer skills to make a fake paypal transaction page that I sent them showing I had sent them the funds.  Boy did they get excited. They eventually came back telling me they needed more transaction details because they had been calling paypal and the money was not in their account. So...I want deeper and created another "detail" transaction page showing even more details of that specific transaction ID, date, time, the works.  A bit later they came back again saying there were issues and to fix the problem...being demanding in many ways.  HAHAHA.  

I was equally as demanding that I needed their name and address for various reasons and that I needed confirmation they fedexed the keys to me, etc. just to banter back and forth wasting their time as much as I could.  They said they couldn't send the keys Saturday because my paypal wouldn't show up in their account and it was too late in the day, that we would wait until Monday.

Earlier they emailed me asking how things were going on my end getting the payment released with paypal.  I am plotting my next move so see how I can keep them looking and checking and thinking money is somewhere on the way...

Yes...I notified craigslist to remove the fraudulent posting, so they are being more persistent with me because I made the ad go away and I am the only one on the hook for this property address now.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: I am trying to rent my rental house...
Reply #1 - 09/23/19 at 12:56:58

Devious fun...  
The net needs people like you...  Cool

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 09/23/19 at 13:10:58

You need to pull the IRS scam on them.
Get their phone number so you can talk.

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 09/23/19 at 13:11:36

Cool.

Is there any way to let PayPal know they are crooks and using PayPal to scam folks?

You won't have to let PayPal know you are making fake PayPal data....only that you listed a property and they are trying to rent it as a scam.

Would/should the local police get involved?

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 09/23/19 at 13:24:59

Tell them to send you a buck so you can confirm their paypal address... then give them the cops address.   Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #5 - 09/23/19 at 13:30:30

I really wanted to do that. Turn the tables on them and say to send me a few bucks to see if their paypal will connect with mine and then I can just send them a reply transaction.  I have their paypal account email they wanted me to wire the money to, but that is nothing since they just use the account and then close it and move on to another one.  Plus, I only have my real paypal account and don't have a play one to use that I would not mind being exposed.

What's yours and I will ask them to send it to you  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 09/23/19 at 13:38:06

that's why I said give them a cops address.

WWW   IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #7 - 09/23/19 at 14:06:05

verslagen1 wrote on 09/23/19 at 13:10:58:
You need to pull the IRS scam on them.
Get their phone number so you can talk.

I have a phone number...but it's just a burner that wouldn't track to them anyway.  They know better.

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #8 - 09/23/19 at 14:11:29

Dave wrote on 09/23/19 at 13:11:36:
Cool.

Is there any way to let PayPal know they are crooks and using PayPal to scam folks?

You won't have to let PayPal know you are making fake PayPal data....only that you listed a property and they are trying to rent it as a scam.

Would/should the local police get involved?

I thought about notifying paypal, but unfortunately it isn't worth my time to aggressively chase it because they just use one-time email and bank accounts to set up the paypal transaction and kill it once the heat is on to them. They are smart and stay one step ahead with other active accounts waiting. I may still email paypal, but that's about all.

Since they didn't technically scam me and the posting has been pulled from craigslist, no "crime" has been committed and no one will waste their time pursuing it. Heck, people get taken for thousands and thousands of dollars on these scams and never get their money back because these crooks are very intelligent at what they do. Even if they did scam me for the $700 the local cops would never waste their time.

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #9 - 09/23/19 at 14:14:51

This is good......

When I was shopping for my truck, I saw a too good to be true deal on CL.

It started out that it was her late husbands truck and she just wanted to move it on, etc....

I contacted her.

She told me she was "shipping out" going on duty, and could only take a deposit until she returned.
However, because of her mission training, she was unavailable in person, and reported her friends could receive the deposit, etc....

OK, I then knew I was being scammed.

I contacted her back, saying how sorry I was about her husband, and began to ask very personal questions of her, etc....
That I really wanted to help, etc.
I offered more money, etc.....hoping it would make her life better, etc.

She was eating it up, or more like, playing me more  Huh

After a few days of this, and her constant contacting me about when can we do this, because others want it, but she wants me to have it, because I really care, etc...

I told her my mom wouldn't give me the money to buy it after-all....
Said it was way too much truck for a kids first car.
I then went on to diss my mom and asked her to let me buy the truck on credit, of which I told her I had none, but with a truck like this I could use it to earn money.....

Gee.....she never contacted me after that  Huh

I guess she really did ship out  Grin  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #10 - 09/24/19 at 04:31:13

And for my next trick , I'm going to evict myself !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #11 - 09/24/19 at 06:33:59

Love it, you have them hooked now reel them in.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #12 - 09/24/19 at 07:01:46

So I emailed them back yesterday telling them I was out of state for work to buy me some time. They emailed back last night to let them know when I was back home.  I emailed back this morning that I has just landed at the airport and had a long drive home (I appear to always be busy so they can't "ask" to call me). I also asked them why they took down the ad because I wanted to show my friend the house, and that I was concerned they rented it to someone else because I desperately needed to get the keys to move in Friday. Remember, I pulled the ad via emailing craigslist it was fraud.

They responded that they have me only as the tenant and they pulled down the ad since they have me only as the tenant and no one else.  Then they started in with the paypal situation that they still see no money, which of course they don't because it's all a sham I worked up.  They are demanding I call paypal now to resolve the payment issue and not only am I to pay the deposit now but the first month's rent to get the keys mailed to me by Friday.

Now...to plot my next move.  Trying to think of what to do that isn't too much of a time suck on my part but enough to keep them begging. I thought about faking a fedex shipping label and fake check to make them think I am overnighting a check to the fake address they gave me just to make them angry thinking a check is going somewhere that they can't get...and if it is a real address they will never see anything anyhow.  I just want to keep wasting their time.

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #13 - 09/24/19 at 07:05:12

Ruttly wrote on 09/24/19 at 04:31:13:
And for my next trick , I'm going to evict myself !

Yeah, I am filing those papers next week.  I have to get moved in first and destroy the place and after I inspect myself I will file the eviction papers.

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #14 - 09/24/19 at 07:11:57

I seem to remember : When I was setting up my PayPal account there was a thing about getting Verified where PayPal  checked out my bank account to make sure it was REAL .

The local DA might be interested , or PayPal might have their own Justice system .    Stew , give them  the info and let the professionals have a chance at the Scammers .   I know the two times I had folks try to take my funds and run , PayPal said "were sorry Mr. V , here is your $$$ back and we'll put our Lawyers on the rest" !  Wink

PayPal's $$$ is based on their good name.  
Remember :   Jesus was getting away with trashing the Sanhedrin just fine till he went into the Temple and messed with the $$$ changers !     Translation : Mess with our $$$ and DIE !  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/26/24 at 01:57:30

General CategoryThe Cafe › I am trying to rent my rental house...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.