Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Here's chuckle for ya'll (Read 89 times)
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Here's chuckle for ya'll
09/26/19 at 17:14:24

Coming home from work today, all of a sudden my bike get really loud. I pull over as soon as I can. I look down and see my muffler is gone. Could not really turn around so there is a relatively new Harley muffler on the street somewhere on Emancipation Blvd. in downtown Houston. I still had about 3/4 of my ride let at that point. One of my ears is still ringing! Oh well, I won't be riding into work tomorrow! Shocked

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Re: Here's chuckle for ya'll
Reply #1 - 09/27/19 at 09:17:43

I can't believe JOG or Stew haven't made a comment yet to the effect of my muffler being emancipated on Emancipation Blvd. Cheesy

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 09/27/19 at 09:31:22

Grin Grin Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #3 - 09/27/19 at 11:28:49

hahaha.  I just saw this.

Same happened to me when I was fitting my dyna, I just clamped the clamp loosely with no rail bolts, and as soon as I got out int he street and gunned it the muffler shot off like a rocket. and YES, is got LOUD!!!!

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #4 - 09/27/19 at 13:58:06

That would make Springers first post the
Proclamation of Emancipation.    Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #5 - 09/27/19 at 14:42:19

I figured you guys would see the humor. Only bad thing is I now have to buy a muffler. Angry

IP Logged
philthymike
Serious Thumper

Wallowing in my own
crapulence

Philadelphia Area
Reply #6 - 09/27/19 at 14:59:53

Put in earplugs and pack the necessary tools and see if it's still there. Maybe nobody has emancipated it to the local metal scrappers.

07 S40 (Thumpy): 666cc big bore, stage 2 webcam, dyna muffler, 412 shocks, Barnett clutch, Kawasaki ZL900 FE
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #7 - 09/27/19 at 15:29:53

You don't use the muffler hanger ?    I wonder if somebody has a muffler stuck through their radiator and your tag number talking to the officer in charge as we type ?

Grin ,   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #8 - 09/27/19 at 18:32:49

I did use the muffler hanger. The adapter I made had a rubber cushion in between the hanger and the adapter I made. I meant to loctite that nut but I am out of loctite (or at least I could not find it).  Once that came loose it appears the clamp was not strong enough to hold on to the muffler.

I told a friend I was going to pass by there today to see if I could find it and he told me that is a really bad part of town, to forget the muffler as I can be sure someone already took possession of it, and not to ride through there on my bike any more. He said he doesn't even like going through there in a car. Oh well, I learned something new!!! Roll Eyes

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #9 - 09/28/19 at 09:58:16

OK. I got the oem muffler installed again and I have taken apart the previous HD muffler which worked quite well for me. As you can see from the picture the packing was 99.9 percent gone. I am going to run over ro lowes or home depot to see what I can get as packing material and see how it all turns out.

IMG_0830_004.JPG

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #10 - 09/28/19 at 11:08:15

The problem with Lowe's or Home Depot.....is you are going to have to buy a "bigggggggg" roll of pink insulation and have 94% more than you need.

Go to a bike shop and get the proper packing for a muffler.

Or.....find a place that sells stainless steel wool (a bit hard to find).

Or....use stainless scrubby thingys.  The muffler will not be as quiet as the fiberglass packing - but the stainless stuff doesn't burn out.
https://www.dollargeneral.com/scotch-briter-stainless-steel-scrubbing-pads-2-...

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #11 - 09/28/19 at 14:13:06

It's alive. Home depot had a small roll of fiberglass insulation with no backing for just over five buck. I used about 80-90% of it. Tied it down with masking tape so a bit of smoke coming from pipe for now. It is just a bit louder than the original HD muffler which is fine by me. I did have to do some creative engineering. I could not get the baffles to go all the way back to their original position even though I did old school, pounded on it with a 3 lbs hammer, so I just drilled new holes into the cap for the retaining screws. Now to see how long it lasts. Grin

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #12 - 09/28/19 at 14:32:41

Try not to shoot anybody with it...  Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #13 - 09/28/19 at 14:44:06

I make no promises. Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 02:11:43

General CategoryThe Cafe › Here's chuckle for ya'll

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.