Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
How awful, heartbreaking, 7 bikers dead. (Read 253 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
How awful, heartbreaking, 7 bikers dead.
06/22/19 at 11:04:52

You just never know when its over......

I pray for all involved.

New Hampshire highway collision leaves 7 motorcyclists dead, 3 injured

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-hampshire-highway-collision-7-motorcyclists-de...

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: How awful, heartbreaking, 7 bikers dead.
Reply #1 - 06/22/19 at 12:53:38

That's just gutwrenching..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
hotrod

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NC
Reply #2 - 06/22/19 at 18:33:53

Want to get away with murder ?  This is how it usually works : Get in your car and kill someone on a motorcycle. You will get a ticket that says , Failure to Yield.  It may cost you $80.00  Not bad. The cost of a lawyer may be extra. You will not spend one day in jail. This happens over and over. The court system sees you as a dog that had no business to be on the road. This has been going on for years.  Sorry for my rant. I'm angry. Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #3 - 06/22/19 at 22:50:44

DUI suspect !

So why is the truck Wrecked on the wrong side of the road ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 06/23/19 at 03:42:08

MMRanch wrote on 06/22/19 at 22:50:44:
DUI suspect !

So why is the truck Wrecked on the wrong side of the road ?

That "DUI SUSPECT" in the news report is a link to another story......not this motorcycle crash.  The most recent articles state the investigation is still ongoing and it is a complex case - so they are not commenting on why this happened yet.

You would think he would have been able to see the group of large Harelys.....somebody in the group usually has really bright headlights.  

Perhaps it was distracted driving by the truck driver and he drifted left of center.

Maybe one of the bikes had drifted over the centerline and started the crash.......we have all seen motorcycle drift over the centerline when the corner is tighter than they expected.

This is a tragic crash........we are all vulnerable to anyone that crosses our path and crashes into us - on our motorcycles, in our cars, or while walking!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #5 - 06/23/19 at 19:27:28

I’ve been trying to watch for info updates on what exactly happened but nothing yet.  What an awful thing to happen.  There are a lot of hurting people with a lot more families hurting as well and they need to be covered in prayer.  Things like this tragedy cause self evaluation.  Am I living my life the way God desires of me.

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #6 - 06/23/19 at 21:01:00

God has no problems with bikers. Or motorcyclists. Or motorcycles. Did the drunk that caused the crash survive ?

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #7 - 06/24/19 at 03:56:13

Ruttly wrote on 06/23/19 at 21:01:00:
God has no problems with bikers. Or motorcyclists. Or motorcycles. Did the drunk that caused the crash survive ?

There is no report yet the driver had been drinking.  He was not charged and was allowed to go home.  If the Police had found him drunk....I believe he would have been locked up.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 06/24/19 at 05:58:42

Dave wrote on 06/24/19 at 03:56:13:
Ruttly wrote on 06/23/19 at 21:01:00:

There is no report yet the driver had been drinking.  He was not charged and was allowed to go home.  If the Police had found him drunk....I believe he would have been locked up.

He (truck river) was only 23 years old, driving for this hauling company.

That is a memory that will last forever.

The guys were ex-marines.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #9 - 06/24/19 at 06:15:48

hotrod wrote on 06/22/19 at 18:33:53:
Want to get away with murder ?  This is how it usually works : Get in your car and kill someone on a motorcycle. You will get a ticket that says , Failure to Yield.  It may cost you $80.00  Not bad. The cost of a lawyer may be extra. You will not spend one day in jail. This happens over and over. The court system sees you as a dog that had no business to be on the road. This has been going on for years.  Sorry for my rant. I'm angry. Angry Angry Angry
------------------------

That's not fair.  I killed a man in an accident when the front tire on a larger cab-over truck I was driving blew out and I couldn't keep the truck on the road.  The other driver was in an S10 and didn't have a chance. I hit him head-on.  The truck I was driving literally pushed his truck off the road before it flipped end over end.  I found myself hanging upside down from the seatbelt when it finally came to rest.  I somehow crawled away with just a broken leg, but I saw the lifeless driver still in his little truck.  I was transported to the hospital and was not charged for the accident.  I have to live with the sight of a dead man in my head.

When I think about it, it's like reliving a bad dream.  I can't imagine what everyone involved must be going through.  It looked like a war scene.  I'm sure the driver of that pickup truck didn't set out to kill anyone on the road that day.  He may have done something negligent or maybe it was something out of his control, we don't know.  

Throwing "murder" at that person without knowing what caused the accident is stupid.  Sorry, end rant.

IP Logged
sjaskow - FSO

Frozen Tundra of MN
Reply #10 - 06/24/19 at 10:39:15

I just read an article: https://www.foxnews.com/us/pickup-truck-driver-arrested-following-new-hampshi... that says he was charged with "seven counts of negligent homicide". I'm guessing there's more this that was put out so far.

2012 Victory Vision - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/vision
2006 Suzuki S40 - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/S40
WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #11 - 06/24/19 at 11:19:40

ohiomoto wrote on 06/24/19 at 06:15:48:
hotrod wrote on 06/22/19 at 18:33:53:
------------------------

That's not fair.  I killed a man in an accident when the front tire on a larger cab-over truck I was driving blew out and I couldn't keep the truck on the road.  The other driver was in an S10 and didn't have a chance. I hit him head-on.  The truck I was driving literally pushed his truck off the road before it flipped end over end.  I found myself hanging upside down from the seatbelt when it finally came to rest.  I somehow crawled away with just a broken leg, but I saw the lifeless driver still in his little truck.  I was transported to the hospital and was not charged for the accident.  I have to live with the sight of a dead man in my head.

When I think about it, it's like reliving a bad dream.  I can't imagine what everyone involved must be going through.  It looked like a war scene.  I'm sure the driver of that pickup truck didn't set out to kill anyone on the road that day.  He may have done something negligent or maybe it was something out of his control, we don't know.  

Throwing "murder" at that person without knowing what caused the accident is stupid.  Sorry, end rant.

I'm sorry for your painful memory.
Imagine your anguish had you, and not something beyond your control, caused the crash.
I lost a left front on a Mack. On a two lane, no power steering, immediate left turn, the wheel spun so fast and my left arm got in it. Thought sure it was gonna break. In the seconds it took to realize what had just happened and asses the situation I saw I was about to put my seat into a telephone pole, I got stood up and wrestled the wheel enough to just miss the pole.
The tire exploding was so loud, the concussion shook my guts and the shower of fiberglass and the tread blowing through the fender , all just froze me for a second, but it wouldn't have mattered if I had known exactly what was going to happen and been holding the wheel with everything I had. The immediate and violent power of that truck wanting to turn left would have easily overpowered me.
And I have many times replayed that moment, knowing that my path would Not have been changed, no matter who or what I saw coming.
Thank God it wasn't your fault.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
hotrod

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

NC
Reply #12 - 06/24/19 at 11:22:56

ohiomoto ; Before the 7 bikers dead article came out, I would have said just what I said. Perhaps I should have used the term, "Negligent Homicide".  Your situation  is completely different, and was absolutely a accident. Since this is a motorcycle forum I was speaking of the relationship between cars and motorcycles in accidents. Many are killed when a car makes a left turn in front of the motorcycle. He didn't see you ? People in cars kill people on motorcycles every day, and many times leave the person on the side of the road to die. Did you read some of the posts on Yahoo ?  " I wish he killed more of them ". "They asked for it". "Murdercycles'. " I try to run bikers off the road"  Also, a jury looks at your case differently if you are a motorcyclist  You are at a disadvantage. It seems like in a court of law your life has less value. Of course , there are exceptions to everything. From now on I'll use the term Negligent Homicide. Your situation was a true nightmare and accident.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #13 - 06/24/19 at 16:52:19

The driver was arrested for a unrelated issue.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #14 - 06/24/19 at 18:16:39

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 10:23:47

General CategoryThe Cafe › How awful, heartbreaking, 7 bikers dead.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.