Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
State of the mechanical world? (Read 270 times)
Junker
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: State of the mechanical world?
Reply #30 - 04/04/19 at 00:00:38

Don't give up on the younger generation just yet, there are a few running YouTube channels based on wrenching. GoldGuy is worth checking out.

IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #31 - 04/04/19 at 07:58:05

Junker wrote on 04/04/19 at 00:00:38:
Don't give up on the younger generation just yet, there are a few running YouTube channels based on wrenching. GoldGuy is worth checking out.

There is a YouTuber that goes by the name "Classic Octane". He's in his late 20's and restores/mods bikes from the 60's and 70's His videos are well produced and his craftsmanship and knowledge is first rate.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #32 - 04/04/19 at 09:39:40

Exceptions exist.
Just like once in a while I see a coupla kids riding bicycles. It's nothing like thirty or forty years ago.
Manufacturers have been building more and more dependable cars. More and more complicated to repair. Requiring electronic readers and tools not found in grandpa's toolbox. The times of a seventeen year old kid needing to carry a set of points in the glove box are over. The days of slapping a quick tune up on it in the garage are over. Now it's cleaning up idle air passages and map sensors instead of new points, condenser, cap ,rotor, wires and plugs, check the timing, blah blah blah,,
Can't even adjust the idle speed on the Rogue. But, the throttle cable is good forever... since it don't Got one.
I don't remember a crankshaft position sensor on my 62 Chevrolet, or oxygen sensors.
If I was the same inquisitive kid today I don't know if I would have been so drawn to fixing my own cars. I know how few opportunities I would have had to
Hold the Light
for my step dad.

I guess the boys are still boys as long as schools can scrape up enough of them to field the teams.
Not to say I'm not concerned about the youts in America, I am.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #33 - 04/04/19 at 13:43:01

Thanks Madmike

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 22:02:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › State of the mechanical world?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.