Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
A silly exaust question (Read 217 times)
Dadyo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: A silly exaust question
Reply #15 - 01/12/19 at 03:11:38

I was looking at all of that last night and it looks like the brake side will work if you extend the tab that locks the hub to the swing arm no biggie. On the sprocket side all of the drive dogs are thicker and the OD is slightly  larger, plus all of the bearing surfaces are larger. My solution is to grind the OD of drive dogs down so that they fit into rubbers, then clearance the width of the slots in the rubbers to fit the wider dogs. The rubbers in my rim are the same except the ones in the original wheel are larger all the way around, so if I messed up the ones that came in gs  wheel I can adjust the others. It looks like I'll be able to use the factory spacers and the sprocket conversion will work the same.
I did not! Start grinding or cutting anything, I still need to double-check everything. Here is a pic with both wheels test fitted, I really like the way it looks so if it'll all work I am going to do it. The best part is that I will have a 16 in wheel and tire  selection is at least double. I'm about to start my build thread and will keep you posted. Let me know how it goes for you. I need all the help I can get.

IP Logged
Dadyo
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 01/12/19 at 19:09:57

I got off topic this morning sorry bout that fellas. Back to exaust! After taking another at the mufflers I picked up last week, noticed that they have a smaller tube down the middle, then a plate with two smaller (1in diameter by 2 or 3 in long) tubes through that about 4" from the back plate. The back plate is removable and has 4 3/8" holes with room for a few more. I'm going to try it out, who knows maybe it will work.

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #17 - 05/03/19 at 06:43:05

Dadyo wrote on 01/12/19 at 03:11:38:
I was looking at all of that last night and it looks like the brake side will work if you extend the tab that locks the hub to the swing arm no biggie. On the sprocket side all of the drive dogs are thicker and the OD is slightly  larger, plus all of the bearing surfaces are larger. My solution is to grind the OD of drive dogs down so that they fit into rubbers, then clearance the width of the slots in the rubbers to fit the wider dogs. The rubbers in my rim are the same except the ones in the original wheel are larger all the way around, so if I messed up the ones that came in gs  wheel I can adjust the others. It looks like I'll be able to use the factory spacers and the sprocket conversion will work the same.
I did not! Start grinding or cutting anything, I still need to double-check everything. Here is a pic with both wheels test fitted, I really like the way it looks so if it'll all work I am going to do it. The best part is that I will have a 16 in wheel and tire  selection is at least double. I'm about to start my build thread and will keep you posted. Let me know how it goes for you. I need all the help I can get.
---------------------------

How are those wheels working out?  Did you start your build thread?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/25/24 at 22:53:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › A silly exaust question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.