Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Victim of lousy timing, story of my life! (Read 187 times)
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Re: Victim of lousy timing, story of my life!
Reply #15 - 12/19/18 at 19:52:58

I see your point of view Dave, but I would love to try out a Himalayan. With only about 24 horses I do not think I would be too happy but I would definitely like to try it.

What do you all think about the Yamaha V-Star 950?

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #16 - 12/19/18 at 22:12:46

Springman

Everybody needs a second bike !  Wink

My excuse is : I have the "ME" bike and I have a "WE" bike , but my wife don't care how many I have.   I try to limit myself to two or sometimes three , parking in the dry can be a problem.  

That 950 is a "eye-catcher" and  I'll bet it's Quick as a rabbit too !  Smiley

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_DragStar_950

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #17 - 12/21/18 at 13:05:35

I like the vstar 950 for 3 reasons, 1 - belt drive, 2 - tubeless tires, 3 - EFI. Plus it is a beautiful bike. I do not like that it is around 650+ lbs wet weight, that it only has around 45 horses and that the floor boards are supposed to scrape at minimal lean. But it is a beautiful bike. Grin

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #18 - 12/21/18 at 13:19:36

Springman:

Go ride a Kawasaki Vulcan S.

I think the bike would be a good fit your you....even though a good used one may be a bit hard to find and a bit more expensive than a V-Twin.

The Vulcan S has all the power you will ever need, it is relatively light weight, and it is a reliable and proven engine.

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #19 - 12/21/18 at 13:50:46

Yep Dave. The Vulcan S could be a good one. Tomorrow is supposed to be a nice day here in Houston. Maybe I'll ride to the Kawasaki dealership to see if they have one in stock and at least sit on it. I actually sat on a Honda CTX 700 the other day but did not get a chance to test ride it.

Every time I actually consider getting another bike I think of all the things I really like about my S40 and figure I'll just stick with this bike. I really do enjoy this bike, I just wish it had a tad more power.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #20 - 12/21/18 at 15:04:07

springman wrote on 12/21/18 at 13:50:46:
Every time I actually consider getting another bike I think of all the things I really like about my S40 and figure I'll just stick with this bike. I really do enjoy this bike, I just wish it had a tad more power.

A Wiseco piston, a Stage 3 cam, and some head porting really make a nice improvement on the Savage engine.  It can be made into a bike that has enough power to get you anywhere you need to go.  If you do that engine work and also add the rear Kawasaki pulley to supplement the Kawasaki pulley you have on the front......it becomes a good bike on the interstate (except for the small fuel tank that requires a fuel stop every 100 miles).

However....the Vulcan S will still do it better/faster/easier.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/18/24 at 05:28:11

General CategoryThe Cafe › Victim of lousy timing, story of my life!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.