My final thought....... (Read 61 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
My final thought.......
12/18/18 at 07:42:52

I shared about my only brother passing, last week.
I just got back from SoCal, where he lived.
I will be returning in a few days to spend the rest of the year with my kids.
Let me wish you ALL safe and happy HOLIDAYS....PEACE!

I will share my final thought, of 3, which I shared with family and friends, re: my brothers death, and life events.
I hope you can find something within my rambling that proves worth its reading....thank you.

Loving with Jimmie....

Well putting the last thoughts on my brother, and all that has transpired since his passing, down into this one last thought, to share...
I am not one who is big on things that remove me from my comfort zone...
And topping that list, would be death.
I accept it, and in many cases, see how it can be a welcomed event, for many different reasons...
In our lives.
Bottom line, none escape it anyway, so in a strange way, it’s all a moot point, no one gets a choice in the matter.
So, I decided instead of fixating on death, to look at the other elements that death needs, in order to even be a viable element of reality.....
And that would be life, itself.

Like the revealing of the morning sun, the day needs the darkness of night, to really fulfill its usefulness to the cosmos of our universe....
As we travel through times, episodes, events, in our lives, it’s like watching the seasons pass each year, one yielding, and accepting, the other, for what each represents, and how it all works together, to a uniformity that forms a distinct balance to things greater than our individualities.
So looking at, “What is life?” became my focus, instead....

I came to find, under the scrunity of my own preconceived notions and bias, that I really couldn’t tether it to “one” thing, other than the opposite of death....
I found it to be too fluid, too fleeting, and ever changing, with each new day, to experience the events that were not there yesterday, and only guessed about, tomorrow.....
I had so many, many, many, memories of my brother, I just wanted to focus on those, stay in them, yesterday, and even further back.
I didn’t want to view him, those things cause my brain to freeze, I don’t do well there, I lose the little kid in me who helps me to journey over the rough stuff, and the, “ I’d rather nots”.... in life.

I did, I had to, and right now, I still don’t like even sharing about it....
I’m freezing.
It’s very close to what I call my F it attitude.
A extremely self indulgent characteristic that has hampered me most of my adult life....
My grandson Max, has a better grip on this stuff than me, as I held him up, so he could glance at Uncle Jimmie, sleeping.

However, what I am mostly feeling, as I am on my way back home, is this....
This event in my brothers life influenced a lot of “living” in the lives of others, who, would not have had the opportunity to live a moment, a shared moment, in Jimmies life, even tho he was no longer present in the flesh....
And within all that transpired, the recollections, the tears, the laughter, the soothing and caring, of one to another, has brought to life, perhaps, who knows....
New events, opportunities, possibilities, to share the goodness, that vibrant season, of summer....
To new meaning, and life exchanges, because in dying, Jimmie really gave life, another chance to thrive,and grow in many others avenues and arenas ...that one might have written off, discarded, allowed to wither, and die...

No, I will not put his soulless image into the memory bank of my mind, it has no value anymore...
He has already exchanged it for something better anyway....
I will
In fact, nourish and nurture the budding of new life events, yet to come, from what I learned from my brother.....
In fact, it’s about the ONLY thing he can ever lay claim to, in having taught me....
As I was always waaaaay smarter than him, and we won’t even go into how much prettier I was....

Bro, love you, enjoy your time with Mom, Dad, Jennifer, Jeffrey, and dude, I bet even Buttons isn’t such a bad dog up in heaven....
Ok, I got carried away with that one....

New seeds have been planted in your orchard, God willing, they will sprout and new life formed, and from them, more seed, to new orchards, might give opportunity to sprout, after planting, the possibility is endless, as to how much life, your life, generated...

Until then, which will be when, that our Lord decides more company is needed, that our task is completed, and we meet up, again......be at peace, enjoy, and God Bless...

your lil' brother....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: My final thought.......
Reply #1 - 12/18/18 at 14:02:30

My older brother died June 10, 2006, at just 61 years, as we were getting ready to ride to Sturgis together.  We had never been on a really good ride together in spite of both being long time riders.  That was a disappointment but nothing like my hearts concern over his relationship with God, the Creator of all things.  I cannot put into words how truly comforting it is to know without doubt that he finally humbled himself and made peace with God during the last months of his life.  Knowing we will see each other again along with many other family members is a priceless gift to be sure.
God’s Peace brother.

IP Logged
Papa Bear

Canada ... near the Motor City
Reply #2 - 12/18/18 at 14:04:46

Prayers .. take care, Ray

2011 Fox Orange S40 SOLD

Check out http://www.hogsforhospice.com/
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 12/18/18 at 16:05:03

LANCER wrote on 12/18/18 at 14:02:30:
My older brother died June 10, 2006, at just 61 years, as we were getting ready to ride to Sturgis together.  We had never been on a really good ride together in spite of both being long time riders.  That was a disappointment but nothing like my hearts concern over his relationship with God, the Creator of all things.  I cannot put into words how truly comforting it is to know without doubt that he finally humbled himself and made peace with God during the last months of his life.  Knowing we will see each other again along with many other family members is a priceless gift to be sure.
God’s Peace brother.

Thank you Lancer.....

Jimmie and I were baptized together, waaaaaay back  Smiley

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 12/18/18 at 16:05:25

Papa Bear wrote on 12/18/18 at 14:04:46:
Prayers .. take care, Ray

Thanks Papa.  Kiss

IP Logged
Armen
Serious Thumper

Half-Witted
Wrench-Jockey from
Jersey

Reply #5 - 12/18/18 at 18:36:42

I'm sorry for your loss.

In theory, theory and reality are the same. In reality, they aren't...
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #6 - 12/18/18 at 20:38:19

Wow Ray

I hope my little brother has something like that to say about me if he makes it here longer than I do --- except for the "Smarter and Better Looking parts" .  

Its good to know what's on the other side of our time serving here on earth , it takes the "sting" out of being done with our "Earthly" chores .

Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 12/19/18 at 08:03:19

MMRanch wrote on 12/18/18 at 20:38:19:
Wow Ray

I hope my little brother has something like that to say about me if he makes it here longer than I do --- except for the "Smarter and Better Looking parts" .  

Its good to know what's on the other side of our time serving here on earth , it takes the "sting" out of being done with our "Earthly" chores .

Wink

I am sure he will MM.....  Smiley

I joke about stuff with him, however, what he taught me has lasting sustainability, where I go off half-cocked, he waited until he could see the whites of their eyes.

In a world where instantaneous, convenience, and self sanctification....
Appear the greatest motivation and reason anybody needs to justify their actions, waiting to gather all pertinent information BEFORE you stake a claim, was what he taught me, even tho I often don't appear as a A student by its implementation.....

Happy Holiday's BIG brother....give your little one a hug for me  Smiley      

IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 12/19/18 at 11:36:36

I think as Believers we look at death from the wrong angle. It is not death! Rather it is birth into the everlasting life. While we that are still here miss those that have gone before. The question is not why did they go but rather why are we still here? IMHO it is because God still has something for us to accomplish. Seek to complete his will for your life. It is only then that we will be able to go home also.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #9 - 12/19/18 at 19:37:41

Please accept my condolences Ray.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #10 - 12/20/18 at 08:33:01

MShipley wrote on 12/19/18 at 11:36:36:
I think as Believers we look at death from the wrong angle. It is not death! Rather it is birth into the everlasting life. While we that are still here miss those that have gone before. The question is not why did they go but rather why are we still here? IMHO it is because God still has something for us to accomplish. Seek to complete his will for your life. It is only then that we will be able to go home also.

Be careful Ship, you mention God here, and my post might disappear.....  Grin

Christmas can be a time of sheer joy, yet it can also be a time of great pain.
Contrary to what some secular counselors might think, His word teaches there's little peace in death. But there is hope in what we celebrate....that's what Christmas is all about, love coming in the form of a small baby to bring hope to a lonely and broken world.

The first hope in our inventory of hope that includes and at the same time transcends all others must be the hope that love is going to have the last word.
- Arnold J. Toynbee

I think the question is: "What is sustainable?"

Is angst and hate?
Is that not akin to death?

Or.....

Love?
Isn't that more like, life, shared, given, freely, without expectations?

Thank buddy, have a joyous season, healthy New Year!

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #11 - 12/20/18 at 08:36:32

springman wrote on 12/19/18 at 19:37:41:
Please accept my condolences Ray.

Thank you Springer......

All is well.
I just nibble on it, but its all good.
I'd rather sport a heart that can be broken and hurt, than one which is sadly harden and cold, in order for its body to survive  Sad

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 11:40:32

General CategoryThe Cafe › My final thought.......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.