Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The New Evolution Deniers (Read 207 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

The New Evolution Deniers
12/03/18 at 05:23:21

There's a lot packed into this article.

https://quillette.com/2018/11/30/the-new-evolution-deniers/

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: The New Evolution Deniers
Reply #1 - 12/03/18 at 06:11:07

This is the part I think says it best:

"But while there is evidence for the fluidity of sex in many organisms, this is simply not the case in humans. We can acknowledge the existence of very rare cases in humans where sex is ambiguous, but this does not negate the reality that sex in humans is functionally binary."

Key word being "functionally" and that people are mixing gender with sex in scientific terms.  Be gender whatever, but your sex is biologically measurable and defined.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 12/03/18 at 06:25:39

And those in science fields who state this fact are being treated as those who demanded creation be taught in schools alongside of or in place of evolution. The difference is the social justice 'warriors' have control of social media AND academics. And let's not even mention the news and entertainment culture.

The irony is not unlike the $hitstorm that descends on any public figure or scientist who questions the approved Climate Change narrative. They are labeled anti-science. Which is more than a little ironic because these people used long standing scientific principals to challenge the hypothesis which have failed to deliver.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 12/03/18 at 08:40:58

Good article.  I agree with it.

However, I think you give too much credence to the SJWs.

I don't see them as being that prevalent.  Of course, the author is based in UC Santa Barbara - that could have something to do with his perspective.  Yes, they're out there - but not to the degree the article might want you to think - at least not nationwide.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 12/03/18 at 09:39:57

BS.

SJW's have made significant negative changes to numerous issues, it's just most of us don't have the means to fight back. They dominate and control the media therefore they control the narrative.

Think about comedy for example. They've damaged comedy forever.
You're only allowed to make certain jokes. Jimmy Fallon was tortured for having fun with Trump when he was on his show. Late night shows are MSNBC commentary with occasional jokes.

Remember just a few months ago when Astronaut Scott Kelly was forced to apologize for quoting Winston Churchill. Winston Churchill!!!

Dress in the wrong Halloween costume, have a picture taken and see what happens if you apply for a job at a university.

Wear a MAGA hat on a major college campus and see what happens or show up to get your picture taken in grade school with a Trump shirt on.

Be a military recruiter and try to visit some colleges....

Scarlett Johansson said something positive about Israel and got creamed online. She apologized, but they didn't forget however. She had to pull out of a role playing a trans man.

Read about the insanity at Evergreen College.

Be an accomplished writer or reporter and publish and article questioning the widely accepted figure of 10% homosexual and see what happens to you.

Jordan Peterson was a widely respected Toronto professor until he published a book that sold millions. Now he's targeted for extinction.

It's everywhere.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 12/03/18 at 10:03:07

WebsterMark wrote on 12/03/18 at 09:39:57:
BS.

SJW's have made significant negative changes to numerous issues, it's just most of us don't have the means to fight back. They dominate and control the media therefore they control the narrative.

I disagree.  Cite an example.

Think about comedy for example. They've damaged comedy forever.
You're only allowed to make certain jokes. Jimmy Fallon was tortured for having fun with Trump when he was on his show. Late night shows are MSNBC commentary with occasional jokes.

Wait, all I've heard from the righties is that "comics mean nothing" - that's why trump won... right?

Now suddenly, they're relevant?

Remember just a few months ago when Astronaut Scott Kelly was forced to apologize for quoting Winston Churchill. Winston Churchill!!!

I saw that.  So, who do you condemn? I think Kelly should have just shut up and left it stand.  No, he had to respond - thereby giving the power to his unjust accusers.  There's no doubt that the Churchill quote was appropriate.  Guys like Kelly should stand their ground.

Dress in the wrong Halloween costume, have a picture taken and see what happens if you apply for a job at a university.

Well, if you're dumb enough to dress as a nazi officer, take your lumps.  If you dress in black-face, take your lumps.

Wear a MAGA hat on a major college campus and see what happens or show up to get your picture taken in grade school with a Trump shirt on.

Hmmm... but you've said time and time again that trump is good and that he's the best president ever (or something to that effect).  It just so happens that trump is not even close to being popular.  What do you think would happen to me if I wore a pro-hillary t-shirt to a country bar in West Virginia?  Same thing mark.  

Be a military recruiter and try to visit some colleges....

I know 2 Marine recruiters and 1 kid that's in ROTC in college.  I've not seen nor heard of any problems from them.

Scarlett Johansson said something positive about Israel and got creamed online. She apologized, but they didn't forget however. She had to pull out of a role playing a trans man.

Again, see my reply about Mr. Kelly.

Read about the insanity at Evergreen College.

Yeah, and look how "great" they're doing.  People aren't stupid mark.  Not everyone falls into line around the SJWs.  You don't seem to realize that.

Be an accomplished writer or reporter and publish and article questioning the widely accepted figure of 10% homosexual and see what happens to you.

Facts matter.

Jordan Peterson was a widely respected Toronto professor until he published a book that sold millions. Now he's targeted for extinction.

There's no proof of that - but, the same could be said for Dr. Ford - and you don't seem to worried about that, now do you?

It's everywhere.

It's no more prevalent than it ever was.  Social media just gives it a bigger audience.

It's guys like you that scream back at these SJWs that give them more power.  You fall for the tactics.  You fight the wrong battles.

Get out and see what's really going on.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 12/03/18 at 11:15:12

Shocking a leftist is blind to free speech suppression.....

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 12/03/18 at 11:29:35

Was just out driving and heard local radio station is joining an Ohio station and won't play Baby its cold outside" cause someone objected to lyrics.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 12/03/18 at 11:34:10

WebsterMark wrote on 12/03/18 at 11:15:12:
Shocking a leftist is blind to free speech suppression.....

I don't see the "suppression" you speak of.

Being critical of someone is just that - criticism.  If you don't like criticism, then don't ever publish in a public forum.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 12/03/18 at 11:34:56

WebsterMark wrote on 12/03/18 at 11:29:35:
Was just out driving and heard local radio station is joining an Ohio station and won't play Baby its cold outside" cause someone objected to lyrics.

Well, they're idiots.  What are you going to do?

Maybe call the station and tell them they're idiots.

That's your right.

« Last Edit: 12/03/18 at 17:20:02 by T And T Garage »  
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #10 - 12/03/18 at 14:48:45

WebsterMark wrote on 12/03/18 at 05:23:21:
There's a lot packed into this article.
https://quillette.com/2018/11/30/the-new-evolution-deniers/

Lol, yes there is information there. However you don't understand any of it, the only reason you posted it is because it is disparaging of so called 'leftist views'.

If you do not give your understanding of what you've posted or what it means or what point you're making then how the fcuk is it possible for anyone  to make any meaningful contribution to the thread. You don't understand any of the article obviously. So I guess that explains why we're instead talking about radio shows.

@WM what is the point of posting something that you do not understand?

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #11 - 12/03/18 at 20:19:04

you do not give your understanding of what you've posted or what it means or what point you're making then how the fcuk is it possible for

Ohhh Ohhh Ohhh,,  Such
Language!
Clearly the rantings of a mental midget..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 12/03/18 at 20:36:11

Lol, yes there is information there. However you don't understand any of it, the only reason you posted it is because it is disparaging of so called 'leftist views'.

Why do you immerse yourself with the business of the USA and why work so hard trying to make yourself seem superior? Why do you care so much about us?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 12/04/18 at 08:44:31

WebsterMark wrote on 12/03/18 at 20:36:11:

Why do you immerse yourself with the business of the USA and why work so hard trying to make yourself seem superior? Why do you care so much about us?    

Why does it bother you so much?

That would be a more appropriate question, mark.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 12/04/18 at 09:41:46

I wasn't asking you.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home