Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Well look here, I amend it.... (Read 79 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Well look here, I amend it....
10/30/18 at 14:28:39

Ok, I will put this out for debate.

Fix the constitution to remove citizenship by mere birth in our nation.
Yes?

Fix the constitution to clarify what kind of firearms are legal to own without certain restrictions, yes?

Both are viable and ripe, neither right granted then applies in the same manner as when enacted.

Show me your stubbornness 😋

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Well look here, I amend it....
Reply #1 - 10/30/18 at 14:37:31

Fix the constitution to remove citizenship by mere birth in our nation.
Yes?

Nothing needs fixed.
It doesn't do that now.
Unless you CHOOSE to pretend it says something it doesn't say.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/30/18 at 14:49:17

um...it's the first sentence of the 14th amendment

" All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 10/30/18 at 14:54:11

Amend the Second, leave the Fourteenth.

"Leave the gun... take the cannoli"

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 10/30/18 at 15:01:45

A number of scifi movies/shows have poised the point.
Earn citizenship by serving in some manner or buying it?
It suggests that every person is not equal and will create at least a 2 or 3 class system.
Not to say we don't have it already, but even the poorest at birth can with enough money be president.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 10/30/18 at 17:41:20

and subject to the jurisdiction thereof

That's the part that causes illegals and tourists to be able to take them home.
America has no right or obligation to children of foreign citizens.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 10/31/18 at 08:25:22

"and subject to the jurisdiction thereof"

Can you clarify further?  As it has been applied this means anyone who US law applies to.  For instance Diplomatic Immunity considered under the 14th's structure, by not having them subject to jurisdiction they can have children here and the US can consider them foreign.  

Are illegal immigrants not subject to the jurisdiction of US law?

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 10/31/18 at 08:49:45

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/30/18 at 17:41:20:
and subject to the jurisdiction thereof

That's the part that causes illegals and tourists to be able to take them home.
America has no right or obligation to children of foreign citizens.

um, that's not how that works....  because the second sentence says: " No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

person, not citizen, it clearly says citizen in the first part of the sentence, so it knows the difference and makes a distinction here.  do we not prosecute illegal criminals HERE if they commit crimes here, like murder?  so are they or are they not under our jurisdiction if they are here?

now that is why we deny diplomats that right, they have diplomatic immunity and therefor are NOT under our jurisdiction, and people can take their kids anywhere they want

What constitutional rights do undocumented immigrants have?
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/what-constitutional-rights-do-undocumen...

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #8 - 10/31/18 at 09:04:04

Conservatives carry around pocket Constitutions with 1 amendment they like, and 26 they don't...  Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 10/31/18 at 11:22:31

Read articles about the debates at the time. This is just like the 2nd Amendment. There was no misunderstanding what the Amendment meant.

Senator Howard’s brief introduction of his amendment confirmed its plain meaning:

“Mr. HOWARD. … This amendment which I have offered is simply declaratory of what I regard as the law of the land already, that every person born within the limits of the United States, and subject to their jurisdiction, is by virtue of natural law and national law a citizen of the United States. This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons.”[21]

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 10/31/18 at 12:14:57

WebsterMark wrote on 10/31/18 at 11:22:31:
Read articles about the debates at the time. This is just like the 2nd Amendment. There was no misunderstanding what the Amendment meant.

Senator Howard’s brief introduction of his amendment confirmed its plain meaning:

“Mr. HOWARD. … This amendment which I have offered is simply declaratory of what I regard as the law of the land already, that every person born within the limits of the United States, and subject to their jurisdiction, is by virtue of natural law and national law a citizen of the United States. This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons.”[21]

and yet, we have a century of court cases, including supreme court cases that confirm that if you are born here, you are a citizen here.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 10/31/18 at 14:13:25

Which demonstrates that the supreme court has been Wrong.
A kid passing eighth grade English knows better.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 10/31/18 at 14:21:58

I heard something else today I need to read up on some more. Leftist like to paint this picture about the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island etc... how we opened our arms welcoming all.....Give us your huddled masses....blah blah blah...

I didn't know this but before any potential immigrant got on a boat coming here, they had to pass a couple health test one of which was were they physically able to work hard enough to support themselves. Another was some eye test to detect some communicable disease. Once they got here, they had to take more test and if found lacking, they were sent back at the ship's expense. Which is why many were rejected before they even got on the boat.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 10/31/18 at 14:30:27

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/31/18 at 14:13:25:
Which demonstrates that the supreme court has been Wrong.
A kid passing eighth grade English knows better.

if it had just been one time, sure, but it has been tested over time, and from even BEFORE the 14th amendment was passed

Supreme Court set clear precedent on birthright citizenship
https://thehill.com/opinion/immigration/414032-supreme-court-set-clear-preced...

and you're right the supreme court can be wrong, and has, many times, this however, isn't one of them.

from the Wiki:
"Original meaning
During the original debate over the 14th Amendment Senator Jacob M. Howard of Michigan—the sponsor of the Citizenship Clause—described the clause as having the same content, despite different wording, as the earlier Civil Rights Act of 1866, namely, that it excludes American Indians who maintain their tribal ties and "persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers."[58] Others also agreed that the children of ambassadors and foreign ministers were to be excluded.[59][60] However, concerning the children born in the United States to parents who are not U.S. citizens (and not foreign diplomats), three senators, including Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lyman Trumbull, the author of the Civil Rights Act, as well as President Andrew Johnson, asserted that both the Civil Rights Act and the 14th Amendment would confer citizenship on them at birth, and no senator offered a contrary opinion.[61][62][63]"

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 10/31/18 at 14:31:58

WebsterMark wrote on 10/31/18 at 11:22:31:

you're right, there was no misunderstanding:

From the Wiki:
"Original meaning
During the original debate over the 14th Amendment Senator Jacob M. Howard of Michigan—the sponsor of the Citizenship Clause—described the clause as having the same content, despite different wording, as the earlier Civil Rights Act of 1866, namely, that it excludes American Indians who maintain their tribal ties and "persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers."[58] Others also agreed that the children of ambassadors and foreign ministers were to be excluded.[59][60] However, concerning the children born in the United States to parents who are not U.S. citizens (and not foreign diplomats), three senators, including Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lyman Trumbull, the author of the Civil Rights Act, as well as President Andrew Johnson, asserted that both the Civil Rights Act and the 14th Amendment would confer citizenship on them at birth, and no senator offered a contrary opinion.[61][62][63]"

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 17:38:43

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Well look here, I amend it....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.