Send Topic Print
Why....? (Read 108 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Why....?
Reply #15 - 10/30/18 at 09:47:03

"It's not a question whether the news is truthful, but whether it's half truths.  Where is the rest of the story?
And what part of the story will each lefty/righty media cover?  The part that sells to their market.
Each side lies by omission.
"

Also there is just plain poor reporting and research.  Profitability I believe takes part, as does frequency of events, and customer interaction.  Its hard to pin down any one issue as the whole environment is in a constant state of flux.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 10/30/18 at 10:14:33

A cnn guy was filmed saying that they were LYING for ratings.
Fox is just as bad.
If you don't Watch news, you're uninformed.
If you do, you're misinformed.
Gathering information from various online sources AND WEIGHING THAT INFORMATION against what is actually happening is the only way to even hope to not be a dupe.
Not knowing how the international events and political crap really works makes it very difficult.
Since it's obviously impossible to call bombing a society into the stone age a
Humanitarian Mission, understanding the real motive is pure speculation.
But, clearly, humanitarian mission isn't the truth.
Yet, every outlet SAID that was the objective.

So, they all lie.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 10/30/18 at 10:51:01

Or it was a humanitarian mission.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #18 - 10/30/18 at 11:48:57

“can’t be, no such thing as sorta pregnant."

Sure their is !
It’s called Abortion at Any Age.

(This drive by brought to you by MINNSINK, a Subsidy of BOT-O-INK)

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 10/30/18 at 12:29:50

Eegore wrote on 10/30/18 at 07:22:47:
"Which says to me, its not about the truth, can't be, no such thing as sorta pregnant."

I don't think its a requirement to lie to be profitable.  Media coverage of an event can be truthful, but the priority in which one presents can be profit based.

For instance nightly local news typically does sports and weather last in the broadcast as they are the content people typically tune ion nightly to see.  As such does that make the local news less trustworthy since the format is to increase profitability by maintaining longer duration of viewing times by placing the most desired content last in the program?

Does that make their weather less accurate, their sports scores less accurate or their local news reports less accurate?

it's also a tone they sell, just listen to the inflection and the pacing of the words, on the left it's a pretense of snobbery and higher understanding, and sometimes some fear mongering, on the right, it's mostly fear mongering to get everyone all worked up, it's a very drama based presentation for a lot of conservative media, they keep viewers/listeners by keeping them scared and on the edge...    and yeah, with Trump in office, some of that is true with the liberal media too, but that's cause they are reporting and reacting to the scary things Trump is actually tweeting and saying.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 10/30/18 at 12:32:40

I'm not saying that some news content isn't prejudiced or propagandized, what I am saying is that profit doesn't mean that all content is now lies.

I feel that accurate for-profit news exists.  

I also feel that inaccurate for-profit news exists.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 10/30/18 at 12:36:16

it's also a tone they sell, just listen to the inflection and the pacing of the words, on the left it's a pretense of snobbery and higher understanding, and sometimes some fear mongering, on the right, it's mostly fear mongering to get everyone all worked up, it's a very drama based presentation for a lot of conservative media, they keep viewers/listeners by keeping them scared and on the edge...    and yeah, with Trump in office, some of that is true with the liberal media too, but that's cause they are reporting and reacting to the scary things Trump is actually tweeting and saying.

wow......are you living in a different world.....

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #22 - 10/30/18 at 13:51:12

Yeah, no, I think you guys nailed it, its a BUSINESS first and foremost, and they report what they think their audience will buy.....
Sure, its wrapped under the umbrella of providing a needed service, but its all about the power and money.....
Look how NBC withheld the testimony about the so called rape allegations against Kavenaugh, that the reported witness never said those things or allegations.... until after the fact.
They were in possession of the TRUTH, yet to withhold it BECAUSE their audience was anti Kavenaugh.

Thanks guys!

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 10/30/18 at 15:39:05

WebsterMark wrote on 10/30/18 at 12:36:16:

wow......are you living in a different world.....

see, this is how it starts, now I should comment back some smart @ss comment about you, just notice, you didn't actually address ANY OF THE ISSUES brought up in this entire thread, but went straight to attacking me...... your ad hominem attack is completely irrelevant

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #24 - 10/30/18 at 17:46:48

Eegore wrote on 10/30/18 at 10:51:01:
 Or it was a humanitarian mission.

Really? Explain how it's humanitarian to destroy the civilization.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 15:44:38

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Why....?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.