raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Why....?
10/29/18 at 14:04:49

Just simply tell me, why, thanxs.

Why is it when 11 people get killed, it’s 24/7 news coverage....

Endless resources spent of finding out why.

Endless outpouring of prayer and comforting.

Miles of ink used in printing headlines, for days....

YET,

How many YOUNG Blackmen have been killed in and around Chicago this year ALONE, and yet, we don’t talk about it.

Please, tell me, what makes one death at the hands of another, more worthy of our attention?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Why....?
Reply #1 - 10/29/18 at 14:07:17

Black lives matter...
It is talked about in most media,... just not Faux News (other than to be snide)...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 10/29/18 at 14:27:32

raydawg wrote on 10/29/18 at 14:04:49:
Just simply tell me, why, thanxs.

Why is it when 11 people get killed, it’s 24/7 news coverage....

Endless resources spent of finding out why.

Endless outpouring of prayer and comforting.

Miles of ink used in printing headlines, for days....

YET,

How many YOUNG Blackmen have been killed in and around Chicago this year ALONE, and yet, we don’t talk about it.

Please, tell me, what makes one death at the hands of another, more worthy of our attention?

You already know the answer ray.

It's headlines and ad space.

A mass shooting has more interest built into it than a one off in NYC or any other big city.

The media in general does not exist to merely inform, it needs to turn a profit.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 10/29/18 at 15:38:30

Serowbot wrote on 10/29/18 at 14:07:17:
Black lives matter...
It is talked about in most media,... just not Faux News (other than to be snide)...

Yea, that's bull$hit.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 10/29/18 at 15:40:46

Because one happens every night and the other doesn't.
Because the reason why one happens nightly is complicated and involves serious questions and the other one is easily understood.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 10/29/18 at 16:25:40

WebsterMark wrote on 10/29/18 at 15:40:46:

Because one happens every night and the other doesn't.

true

Because the reason why one happens nightly is complicated and involves serious questions and the other one is easily understood.

um, no, both are the same reason, hatred and tribalism. one side feels/felt wronged by the other.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 10/30/18 at 05:43:30

I agree with the above posts, Media profit, and frequency.

If a mass shooting happened every 13 seconds it would get less news coverage.  

"Please, tell me, what makes one death at the hands of another, more worthy of our attention?"

I'm not sure that question can be applied equally.  For instance if someone kills a black teenager in Chicago, someone else kills your neighbor, and another your wife are you going to spend the same amount of energy assisting law enforcement for each murder?  

We all experience this level of interest based off of personal application to the event.  All murder may be equal, but we don't have the time to commit equal interest to all.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 10/30/18 at 05:56:41

Well interesting, we got two media profits.....

Which says to me, its not about the truth, can't be, no such thing as sorta pregnant.

So Trump is not far off when he says a bias media, because the liberal media markets to it buyers, as does FOX.....

Then the Black kids welfare, in Chicago, bringing to to the forefront, hammering this everyday like the caravan, or other stories that cater to their consumers/buyers, is not really about social welfare, as its packaged, no, its about paycheck.

Seems a bit disingenuous for folks who preach they care, but in reality, they do, but its more about themselves, than what they portend.
Again, kinda like that Jimmie Swaggert, or other evangelist preachers talking about our sin, yet engaging in their own, the moment the pews empty....

Thanks guys for the clarification, kinda explains why lots of folks are fed up with the lies.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 10/30/18 at 07:13:41

raydawg wrote on 10/30/18 at 05:56:41:
Well interesting, we got two media profits.....

Which says to me, its not about the truth, can't be, no such thing as sorta pregnant.

So Trump is not far off when he says a bias media, because the liberal media markets to it buyers, as does FOX.....

Then the Black kids welfare, in Chicago, bringing to to the forefront, hammering this everyday like the caravan, or other stories that cater to their consumers/buyers, is not really about social welfare, as its packaged, no, its about paycheck.

Seems a bit disingenuous for folks who preach they care, but in reality, they do, but its more about themselves, than what they portend.
Again, kinda like that Jimmie Swaggert, or other evangelist preachers talking about our sin, yet engaging in their own, the moment the pews empty....

Thanks guys for the clarification, kinda explains why lots of folks are fed up with the lies.

Way off ray.  Now you're hijacking your own thread because you don't like the direction...

You asked "Why is it when 11 people get killed, it’s 24/7 news coverage...."

Now you're talking about trump's "fake news"?

Not the same at all.  Yes, there is sensationalism in the media - duh..

But the truth, far more often than not, gets reported.  It's not the media's fault that idiots like trump are who they are.

No one is hacking his twitter feed.  No one is impersonating him at the podium off prompter.  The truth is - just look at where the country is at this point.  You want to tell me he's made things better?  Ha!  Not even close.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 10/30/18 at 07:22:47

"Which says to me, its not about the truth, can't be, no such thing as sorta pregnant."

I don't think its a requirement to lie to be profitable.  Media coverage of an event can be truthful, but the priority in which one presents can be profit based.

For instance nightly local news typically does sports and weather last in the broadcast as they are the content people typically tune ion nightly to see.  As such does that make the local news less trustworthy since the format is to increase profitability by maintaining longer duration of viewing times by placing the most desired content last in the program?

Does that make their weather less accurate, their sports scores less accurate or their local news reports less accurate?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 10/30/18 at 07:28:27

Eegore wrote on 10/30/18 at 07:22:47:
"Which says to me, its not about the truth, can't be, no such thing as sorta pregnant."

I don't think its a requirement to lie to be profitable.  Media coverage of an event can be truthful, but the priority in which one presents can be profit based.

For instance nightly local news typically does sports and weather last in the broadcast as they are the content people typically tune ion nightly to see.  As such does that make the local news less trustworthy since the format is to increase profitability by maintaining longer duration of viewing times by placing the most desired content last in the program?

Does that make their weather less accurate, their sports scores less accurate or their local news reports less accurate?

Amen Eegore.  Well put as always.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #11 - 10/30/18 at 07:47:27

I don't think its a requirement to lie to be profitable.

But it's been a proven a
answer to falling profit.

Print media is dying.
I'm surprised that T.V.broadcast news isn't falling off at the same rate.
As the public ages, I expect that to happen.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 10/30/18 at 08:23:19

I think its because a lot of TV broadcast news is streamed online.  I watch/listen a lot of news on the road on an iPod, something print news can't do, or at least didn't do when it came to digital e-readers.  Of course e-readers are on the way out too.

I do think standard, or local broadcast news in its nightly TV format will be reduced as most youth use social media, apps, YouTube etc. as a source of information.  

I have no data or references, this reflects information I have through personal experiences in utilizing news media that when compiled and posted represents my opinion.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 10/30/18 at 08:42:18

Yes, in a way. Our local stations over the years have all developed what they refer to as "Storm Mode" when the weather is particularly bad or dangerous. However, it's become something of a joke because it's become a competition who can go into Storm Mode first hoping to be the one who first predicts and warns of impending danger. They advertise they were the first to accurately predict dangerous ice conditions etc.... however, because the weather is so fickle and difficult to predict, they've been rightly criticized for predicting doom and gloom only to get it dramatically wrong. A big of crying wolf.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #14 - 10/30/18 at 09:31:30

It's not a question whether the news is truthful, but whether it's half truths.  Where is the rest of the story?
And what part of the story will each lefty/righty media cover?  The part that sells to their market.
Each side lies by omission.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 15:20:27

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Why....?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.