Send Topic Print
Carb tuning I think.... (Read 46 times)
JOEBAWDEN
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carb tuning I think....
08/11/18 at 09:59:48

Hello. So I have a 2000 Savage I have been slowly working on for awhile now. I'm almost completely done with...all I've needed to do, but I'm having one issue. I took the carb off and cleaned it. And that same day installed a new air filter. Well ever since I put the carb back on, the bike starts and runs, but it idles really low and acts like it wants to stop running, which it has several times. It's not a huge problem, if I give it a little throttle it keeps itself going, and after it warms up it it runs and idles just fine. After warm up the idle was a little slow so I adjusted it up and, after getting warm, runs great. Previously, when starting the bike I would pull out the choke, and warm it up until it idled well and I could push the choke in and it would remain running without any choke. Now if I choke it at all it starts to sputter out and die and if I dont ride for a day or two it is slow to start up, when it used to fire right up. I'm not sure what's going on. I suppose it has something to do with the air fuel mixture but I dont really know. Does anyone have any ideas of where to start in diagnosing the issue?

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Re: Carb tuning I think....
Reply #1 - 08/11/18 at 18:29:46

You installed a new air filter ,was it a stock or after market filter? did you check/set the float level before closing up the carb? Did you make sure the brass washer was in place on the main jet before screwing it in? Do you have a Raptor petcock? Need more info. The fact that you don't / can't choke the bike at cold start tells me the carb is running rich at idle ,some of the things above could be adding extra fuel or less air.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/04/24 at 10:15:36

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Carb tuning I think....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.