Dyna mufflers? (Read 151 times)
madmikesmech

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Olean ny
Dyna mufflers?
07/17/18 at 12:44:11

Hello, everyone!
Ive been seeing the "Dyna" HD muffler is a very popular exhaust around the forum.
I currently have a Jardine turnout (dont think there is to much " baffling" in the Jardine).
Anyhow i found these on my local C.L.

https://buffalo.craigslist.org/mpo/d/harley-davidson-mufflers/6644817679.html

Are thes any good for our Savages?

1999 Savage, basically stock, except drag bars, 4"risers,Jardine turn out muffler, Raptor petcock, Verslagen modified cam chain adjuster,4" forward controls
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Re: Dyna mufflers?
Reply #1 - 07/17/18 at 14:04:15

You need to see how they mount. The easiest are the ones with the rail that allows the bolt/s to slide along.

There's a thread on this forum somewhere with a discussion about about part numbers for the Dyna mufflers.

There is also a great thread by Serowbot specifically about Dyna mufflers:

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1298689417

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
madmikesmech

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Olean ny
Reply #2 - 07/18/18 at 09:42:48

Thanks IslandRoad for that link👍
Thank you Serowbot for that SUPER informative & HELPFUL article, and research!
Here are the mounts of the ones  im considering

as someone  stated "if the price is right ANYTHING can be made to fit"🤣🤣

1999 Savage, basically stock, except drag bars, 4"risers,Jardine turn out muffler, Raptor petcock, Verslagen modified cam chain adjuster,4" forward controls
  IP Logged
madmikesmech

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Olean ny
Reply #3 - 07/20/18 at 16:57:25

Ive been communicating with the seller on the Harley mufflers i have found locally. They DO have stock baffles, not butchered. Im setting up a time to go nab them up tomorrow. The stock baffles in these mufflers are less restrictive than stock Savage?  But probably better than the Jardine turnout i have on it now? Correct? I'm asking,  because alot of you guys have been here and done this, i appreciate any input!
Thank you,
Mike

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 07/21/18 at 06:58:10

Much quieter than a Jardine,... just a little louder than stock, but deeper tone.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #5 - 07/21/18 at 14:56:37

FWIW, they sound great, and you don't need to mess with the intake side of things (if you don't want to). The stock airbox and filter work fine with the Dyna muffler.

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #6 - 07/21/18 at 21:50:44

In stock form, they sound better on a Suzuki than they do on a harley! Cheesy  
Whoever discovered these in the dim distant past, deserves a big :YOODAMAN! Cool
ps: so who discovered these?

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #7 - 07/22/18 at 01:05:01

Dyna's are generally relatively quiet when not under load, but make a cracking sound under acceleration. Unlike the stock muffler which makes the bike sound like a sewing machine, the Dyna makes the big single S40 sound like what it is, a bit single thumper.

Best to attach with an angled adapter so that it doesn't point towards the back wheel but rather keeps in line with the bike.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
madmikesmech

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Olean ny
Reply #8 - 07/22/18 at 04:57:16

Thanks for all that helpful info, dude wasn't around yesterday for me to pick up the mufflers, im working on getting them ASAP!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #9 - 07/22/18 at 17:05:11

Those "Craigslist" mufflers are not the tapered DYNA mufflers - they will be tapered on the back end - but have a rounded front that looks a bit like the top of a Fire Extinguisher.

They will likely work fine - but they will not have the taper on both ends and it may be a little bulky looking on the front.  I have no idea if they are similar in length to the DYNA muffler.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 00:57:32

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Dyna mufflers?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.